Keinan Davis

a-k

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

He is quick and strong. Good on both feet. Can't see a reason to why he can't do a job wide.

Interesting, I'd view him solely as target man in a front two. And as everyone have said I don't think there'd be a more popular lad to make it at villa. He's been very unlucky with chances in the brief appearances he's gotten. Fingers crossed he'll be part of the setup going forwards.

9 minutes ago, TRO said:

His goal scoring is record is frustrating, but it was a fine assist from him.

He does things, some folk can take for granted....whereas some players, who escape under the radar, don't do it.

I saw some of our players, easily brushed aside today....Keinan at least doesn't allow that.

Excellent point. He's clearly got the strength and technical ability. Maybe a run of games and the confidence that brings could propel him. 

24 minutes ago, kiltorken said:

Maybe a run of games and the confidence that brings could propel him. 

That's the beautiful thing about Davis.

He never look like he is lacking in confidence.

Don't know why the word confidence is regularly thrown against him in here. He came into a losing, struggling side and looked the most confident player out there.

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

That's the beautiful thing about Davis.

He never look like he is lacking in confidence.

Don't know why the word confidence is regularly thrown against him in here. He came into a losing, struggling side and looked the most confident player out there.

Obviously I'm not a fan of Davis, I thought he did terrific tonight and it was a quality assist he did.  I've obviously praised him post the game but thought I'd answer your question from a different perspective.  Not a negative post at all.

I'm coming as an outsider to your point of why I think fans of Davis think it's lack of confidence.  A load of you believe he has the talent, the potential, the tools to be a quality striker for us so what is holding him back.  The common thing thrown back when I ask that question over the last (what must be) three or four years is either he doesnt get much pitch time or he lacks confidence. 

Why doesnt he deliver like he showed in a brief spell tonight?  The answer would be talent if it wasnt confidence wouldn't it?  I argue it is talent and obviously I'm shouted down often about it and I'm told it's lack of confidence.  I ask then why are his stats so bad in the Championship, PL2 and now the PL...his goals, his assists, his impact zones are really poor....was what he did in a few brief moments tonight something he can do all the time or is it like that one person that can do it in glimpses, once in a blue moon, a one in ten game performance. 

Trez was phenomenal tonight but we know that we are likely to have the next 10-15 games where he does nothing, same with El Ghazi, and same generally with Davis.  The easy answer is confidence for those that like the player so I assume thats why?  Just an outsider answering your question.

If he gets a start or game time next game, he needs to repeat that over and over again to prove his worth.  I would love to be wrong and I hope it is confidence and not talent at this level like we know in Trez and El Ghazi .  Those two guys I believe that for every 1 great game they have 10-15 poor games at this level.  El Ghazi was almost player of the month for January with his five goals.  Trez was a wonder at the end of last season and today really really saved us and looked phenomenal with his two goals.  Davis played some really lovely football and the move for the assist he was really top notch. 

Can he do it on a regular basis? history suggests not based on other levels he's played at but I think he deserves his chance the next game, especially how he played today and how bad many are playing currently in the team.  This might be his last chance at Villa to prove doubters wrong like me, he needs to grip onto that chance and really make something of it.  If it is really confidence that a lot of fans say and he really has the ability to go with the frame he has he could be a hell of a player.  I dont believe it is but I'm damn well willing to see if I'm wrong.

Anyway that's my theory from an outsider on Davis, people use 'confidence' for why Davis hasnt made it Villa despite what we are led to believe are his abilities because it's an easy out for them on him or it would mean he's not good enough which people dont want to believe

The guy did a great job when he came on and I applaud him for that, he along with Trez and Traore saved our bacon today, so I am delighted.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Obviously I'm not a fan of Davis, I thought he did terrific tonight and it was a quality assist he did.  I've obviously praised him post the game but thought I'd answer your question from a different perspective.  Not a negative post at all.

I'm coming as an outsider to your point of why I think fans of Davis think it's lack of confidence.  A load of you believe he has the talent, the potential, the tools to be a quality striker for us so what is holding him back.  The common thing thrown back when I ask that question over the last (what must be) three or four years is either he doesnt get much pitch time or he lacks confidence. 

Why doesnt he deliver like he showed in a brief spell tonight?  The answer would be talent if it wasnt confidence wouldn't it?  I argue it is talent and obviously I'm shouted down often about it and I'm told it's lack of confidence.  I ask then why are his stats so bad in the Championship, PL2 and now the PL...his goals, his assists, his impact zones are really poor....was what he did in a few brief moments tonight something he can do all the time or is it like that one person that can do it in glimpses, once in a blue moon, a one in ten game performance. 

Trez was phenomenal tonight but we know that we are likely to have the next 10-15 games where he does nothing, same with El Ghazi, and same generally with Davis.  The easy answer is confidence for those that like the player so I assume thats why?  Just an outsider answering your question.

If he gets a start or game time next game, he needs to repeat that over and over again to prove his worth.  I would love to be wrong and I hope it is confidence and not talent at this level like we know in Trez and El Ghazi .  Those two guys I believe that for every 1 great game they have 10-15 poor games at this level.  El Ghazi was almost player of the month for January with his five goals.  Trez was a wonder at the end of last season and today really really saved us and looked phenomenal with his two goals.  Davis played some really lovely football and the move for the assist he was really top notch. 

Can he do it on a regular basis? history suggests not based on other levels he's played at but I think he deserves his chance the next game, especially how he played today and how bad many are playing currently in the team.  This might be his last chance at Villa to prove doubters wrong like me, he needs to grip onto that chance and really make something of it.  If it is really confidence that a lot of fans say and he really has the ability to go with the frame he has he could be a hell of a player.  I dont believe it is but I'm damn well willing to see if I'm wrong.

Anyway that's my theory from an outsider on Davis, people use 'confidence' for why Davis hasnt made it Villa despite what we are led to believe are his abilities because it's an easy out for them on him or it would mean he's not good enough which people dont want to believe

The guy did a great job when he came on and I applaud him for that, he along with Trez and Traore saved our bacon today, so I am delighted.

He is barely getting any minutes buddy. 

How is he supposed to make an impact within 5 minutes? 

Today he actually got a fair amount of time to do something and boy was he exactly what we needed. 

Most importantly he showed what he is capable of. His attitude is unreal, i find it baffling how some fans doesn't like him. There is no other player i want to succeed more. 

Keinan is my 2nd favorite player after Grealish and i'm not scared to admit it.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Trez was phenomenal tonight but we know that we are likely to have the next 10-15 games where he does nothing

And even tonight he missed an absolute sitter... in another game he wouldn’t get the extra chances.

Like last year though he’s popped up when needed. But overall I think he’s the player in our squad I would most like to see upgraded. 

On Davis... if we have Watkins and Wesley then I think it’s totally fine to have him in the mix as well. But as you say he needs to prove it on a more regular basis. Goals aside there is definitely a player there - I just don’t think it’s likely he will add the goals part.

Just now, villalad21 said:

His attitude is unreal, i find it baffling how some fans doesn't like him

It’s another one of those that proves the old “Villa fans will always respect a player who gives his all” isn’t true - agreed while I don’t know if he’ll make it as a PL player you can’t fault his attitude and I very much hope he does.

One of our very best, never plays poorly, that he's not played more is a glowing tribute to how well Watkins has done, but it might be time that we tried them both in the same team.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, useless said:

One of our very best, never plays poorly, that he's not played more is a glowing tribute to how well Watkins has done, but it might be time that we tried them both in the same team.

100% this. Especially while Grealish is out. 

8 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

He is barely getting any minutes buddy. 

How is he supposed to make an impact within 5 minutes? 

Today he actually got a fair amount of time to do something and boy was he exactly what we needed. 

Most importantly he showed what he is capable of. His attitude is unreal, i find it baffling how some fans doesn't like him. There is no other player i want to succeed more. 

Keinan is my 2nd favorite player after Grealish and i'm not scared to admit it.

but you keep saying that but he's played in the PL2 and he's played in the Championship....aside from injuries he does play at other levels.  This is not just viewing the minutes he gets in the first XI.

Additionally he's obviously not doing enough in training to warrant a place in the first XI is he.  DO you really think Dean would keep him out if he thought he could help the team.  Of the 25 squad members he's one of the least played players...obviously Dean and the other players like him yet he still cant get a game....doesnt that tell you something.

He did great today!  Really really well! It's unusual for him

His attitude isnt unreal, if it was he'd be a first team regular with ease, with that frame, he has some nice touches and he created the second goal which was quality.  We never see that before so he must not have the attitude to do it all the time.  Why isnt he banging on Dean's door for more game time or demanding a loan away or to be sold if his attitude was that good.  He's been around the squad for about 6 years now and at 23 should be something but his time in the first team is getting less not more.

I want every player to succeed, it can only benefit Villa and thus me......I love being proven wrong with players.  I thought it was a waste buying Matty Cash and how wrong was I on that.  Not because Cash was bad, I thought he was good but I thought Freddie would develop more and we needed more elsewhere as a priority.  Cash has proved me wrong, he's so much better than I expected and Freddie has gone out on loan.  I really want Davis to succeed because Strikers are really expensive and having one come through the ranks is great.  I just realise he's never going to be a really first teamer and we need to bring somebody else in who can take us to the next level and Davis to go and have a great career in a Championship club.  I bag on him because he isnt good enough, if he proves me wrong then I'm delighted but he wont.

Great that Keinan is your second favourite player after Grealish.  It's extremely weird because as you say he never plays.  I'm surprised he's above the likes of Konsa or Emi or Ollie but if that's whose your second favourite player then that's great.  Each to their own and all that, there is no need to be scared to admit it.  

Anyway back to your response, I was trying to be nice in the comment I put which you commented on to give you a different perspective (not negative).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Anyone doubting this guy have loads of ability doesn't know football.

I am pretty sure you are the last person to judge football ability since you dont rate Haaland for a start

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

I am pretty sure you are the last person to judge football ability since you dont rate Haaland for a start

I missed that one.  He doesn’t rate Haaland? Wow

29 minutes ago, useless said:

One of our very best, never plays poorly, 

Hold up... am I missing the sarcasm in this post?  

This game might be the first time I’ve ever seen him play well.   

Would love it if he can consistently play like this, but based on the previous 50 matches he’s played, it’s very unlikely.

• Like 1

Â