Keinan Davis

a-k

23 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

THAT'S WHAT HE OFFERS!!!

Get in Keinan, so pleased for him.

Give him more than 10 minutes ffs.

It's both an indication of how strong he is, and how pathetically weak some of our other players are.

Simple strength and hold up ffs, allows others the time to get in, and allows him to brute past defenders.

If we had a DCM version of Keinan it would help us no end at times as well.

How many times were Traore and especially Elghazi just bullied off the ball.  It happened countless times.  You see them running down the wing, defender comes over and next thing you know they're on the floor and the defender is strolling out of defence with the ball. 

Davis comes on and they're the ones bouncing off him.  Momentum completely changes. He transformed our forward play. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

He did brilliant for the second goal, not just the cross but the closing down and winning the ball from the Fulham defender in first place.

He's worth a start but still can't see when he'll get one given we won't drop Ollie for Liverpool given his hat trick and Trez will also be starting. Perhaps at home to Man. City?

Second goal should be credited to him. Won the ball (twice) ran with it then put it on an absolute plate for Trez.  That was his goal. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, a m ole said:

How did we line up when he came on? I found it hard to tell.

We lined up mainly in the Fulham penalty area. 

• Like 1

Played better today and In a system that were changed, should play as a player who runs interference and pressure and frustrate players.

Truth be told hes the type of player I'd be happy to keep at Villa if he were used in a support role. Davis has it all there to harass players and he did what we have been asking our midfield to be doing this second half of the season, he came on and he worked them up, got at Fulham and made them work hard at keeping the ball.

As I said in another thread he should be behind Watkins as an Attacking midfielder or used on the flanks to add an extra Winger. Davis won't score but if he can do enough to disrupt his time on the pitch would be worth it if it helps others to score.

Edited by Dave-R

Well I've given him plenty of stick but he was a big plus for us today. Used his strength and speed superbly for the 2 goal, brilliant cross as well. 

I have no idea what formation we played when he came on, possibly a 442 but we're never going to start games that way. I'm not completely sold on the idea of him starting upfront with Watkins wide either.

Tough one for Davis imo but today very good. 

• Like 1

Just now, Farlz said:

Well I've given him plenty of stick but he was a big plus for us today. Used his strength and speed superbly for the 2 goal, brilliant cross as well. 

I have no idea what formation we played when he came on, possibly a 442 but we're never going to start games that way. I'm not completely sold on the idea of him starting upfront with Watkins wide either.

Tough one for Davis imo but today very good. 

I'd start him ahead of Elghazi and Traore all day long. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, a m ole said:

How did we line up when he came on? I found it hard to tell.

Just a straight 4-4-2 really. Too risky to do it 90 minutes but hopefully DS has learnt from this it's an o.k tactic in games we're losing so should be credible plan B option from now on.

The big conundrum is fitting him into the side from the start. To do so, you probably have to play Watkins wide and whilst I would try it, Smith won’t. 

Id love to see Keinan given a run of 2/3 games as the striker either alongside Watkins or with Ollie moving out wide. He offers something different and I actually think he’d be a great foil for Jack. He keeps the ball further up the pitch and he is so, so strong. 

I can’t really stress enough how fed up I am with watching Trezeguet, El Ghazi and Traore play and would have Keinan starting ahead of those 3 for the remainder of the season.

31 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Every Villa player when asked: "Who is the strongest player at Villa"?

Keinan Davis is the answer.

At the end of the season when our players and opposition players are tiring he's a great option to have.

Our strongest player since Carew. No doubt. Samba up there probably as well

Edited by villalad21

28 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

The big conundrum is fitting him into the side from the start. To do so, you probably have to play Watkins wide and whilst I would try it, Smith won’t. 

Id love to see Keinan given a run of 2/3 games as the striker either alongside Watkins or with Ollie moving out wide. He offers something different and I actually think he’d be a great foil for Jack. He keeps the ball further up the pitch and he is so, so strong. 

I can’t really stress enough how fed up I am with watching Trezeguet, El Ghazi and Traore play and would have Keinan starting ahead of those 3 for the remainder of the season.

This is the issue.

Can't really afford to move Watkins wide as he needs to be in the box at the end of crosses.

We would have to play Davis out wide but i'm not too sure how he'd do there. Although saying that the bar is f***ing low as our wingers are absolute garbage.

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Just a straight 4-4-2 really. Too risky to do it 90 minutes but hopefully DS has learnt from this it's an o.k tactic in games we're losing so should be credible plan B option from now on.

Ah so we went Ramsey McGinn in the middle. Been a while since I’ve seen 4-4-2 I forgot what it looks like 😂 Brave of Smith to put Ramsey in a 2, shows what belief in him he has.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

personally, for the next few games i would try something like:

Davis - Traore - Grealish

Watkins

or as you say:

Traore - Grealish - Watkins

Davis

I think we can agree Davis isnt a goalscorer, but he is strong, mobile and pretty good on the ball tbh for a big man, if he played on the right he would give us an out ball on the right as well as the Grealish out ball on the left, and i am coming to think Traore is actually better playing a bit more central, or at least giving that AM 3 the option to rotate in game, i think Traore is clearly better as a central or inside forward type around the corners of the box, rather than an out and out by-line winger.

If you look at traore, all his best inputs are in and around the 18 yard box, not out on the lines....

For me, thats more potent than El Ghazi being in there.....

2 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Well done Keinan.

Ultimately what is his position? I'd love to see him make it at Villa.

We could play him over Traore.

The bar is pretty damn low. Can't do much worse.

He is quick and strong. Good on both feet. Can't see a reason to why he can't do a job wide.

Edited by villalad21

30 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

personally, for the next few games i would try something like:

Davis - Traore - Grealish

Watkins

or as you say:

Traore - Grealish - Watkins

Davis

I think we can agree Davis isnt a goalscorer, but he is strong, mobile and pretty good on the ball tbh for a big man, if he played on the right he would give us an out ball on the right as well as the Grealish out ball on the left, and i am coming to think Traore is actually better playing a bit more central, or at least giving that AM 3 the option to rotate in game, i think Traore is clearly better as a central or inside forward type around the corners of the box, rather than an out and out by-line winger.

If you look at traore, all his best inputs are in and around the 18 yard box, not out on the lines....

For me, thats more potent than El Ghazi being in there.....

I Could see Davis playing as a false-9 with Grealish on the left and Watkins on the right. A target man to pivot two forwards around.

I think it would be a nice change to mix up our approach a bit, I fear even with Grealish still in we were getting a bit predictable.

• Like 1

Â