Keinan Davis

a-k

6 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Well he won’t be any time soon after that 3 year deal...

In your opinion, could he be converted into a front 3 on the left as cover for Jack

Keinan     Ollie    Traore

We obviously need another striker, a good one!

• Like 1

Service into him was awful tonight. Our team play was so bad that we often ended up with Hause trying to slide a poor pass into him with two defenders on him and one in front of him - oh look, another pass that Davis hasn't been able to hold up!

1 hour ago, Rightdm00 said:

Stoke CBs, especially the Australian national, were pretty strong. He couldn't bully them and that was that. 

2 of the Stoke defenders were actually younger than Davis which is worrying

Edited by Zatman

1 minute ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

He led our frontline for today. Our frontline was garbage. Love Davis but that was very very poor. 

Sounds like they all had a bad un tonight.

• Like 1

Football is funny/ strange......if only we knew the answers.

Brentford out played Fulham tonight winning at a canter......why couldn't they do that in the play off final when it really mattered.......if only we knew.

• Like 1

Just now, TRO said:

Sounds like they all had a bad un tonight.

It really wasnt good mate. Davis and all the players worked hard, they just were not good enough to break down Stoke's second string. We seemed out of ideas until Jota came on and he had ideas, he just wasnt good enough to implement them.

For context I was screaming for Conor to come on . It was that kind of game.

Bit scary to be honest but I am glad we got it in the cup versus league game. Against PL oppo that would have been 0-3 at least imho.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

Football is funny/ strange......if only we knew the answers.

Brentford out played Fulham tonight winning at a canter......why couldn't they do that in the play off final when it really mattered.......if only we knew.

It was mainly Fulham reserves tonight

1 minute ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

It really wasnt good mate. Davis and all the players worked hard, they just were not good enough to break down Stoke's second string. We seemed out of ideas until Jota came on and he had ideas, he just wasnt good enough to implement them.

For context I was screaming for Conor to come on . It was that kind of game.

Bit scary to be honest but I am glad we got it in the cup versus league game. Against PL oppo that would have been 0-3 at least imho.

Many of them have been masked over by playing with jack.....they are not good enough.....now for the clearout, but that will take time.

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

It was mainly Fulham reserves tonight

I could see quite a few first teamers inc their new signing "lookman"

• Like 1

Bottom line is I just don't think he will ever cut the mustard. He showed loads of endeavour during a period when we were all grasping for a shining light. People loved him for it putting aside reality out of love for this kid coming through the ranks. We've done it with shitloads of players throughout the years. All dividing opinions because of where they've come from and because they run their arse off for the shirt, not because they're especially good. Davis falls into this category is how I see it and this has always been how I have seen him. Not good enough. 

Problem you have on this forum and no doubt all across social media is the difference in players Cutting it or be able to make it at the clubs level and the fact that people like players no matter there ability.

Unfortunately once a player is liked, they could be absolutely horrendous and people just form a shield around them like they are invincible to Criticism or are just excused from being moved on.

We have an awful lot of players that fall into this category and the club and people in general are going to have to decide what's more important, keeping players around because they are liked or getting shut as soon as they are no longer worthy.

The Fringe team lit up how easy it would be for us to stumble in real trouble and tonight's players were disgusting to watch, they should hand there heads in shame. It's going to take two year or more to sort that mess out, because you cant replace a whole team in one window, especially when your priority is the first team.

Many of those players as soon as we could, I'd get shut of and let the Youth start trickling in there place  let's face it if were at those kind of displays now with our second team then what do we have to lose, just let the Youths have there day now 

It's a god damn mess beyond the first team. 

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 2

Â