Keinan Davis

a-k

9 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

I don't really think finishing is necessarily Davis's problem. I think watching Ollie Watkins shows the difference between the two in that that some players just have that innate ability to be in the right place at the right time. It's a nearly unteachable instinct but maybe Davis will learn something from watching how Watkins does it in games and training. And he will be a hell of a player when he does

Well the goal Ghazi scored v Bristol, Keinan should have scored/ been there and Ghazi should have set it up, instead of Keinan......someone has to take up the initiative.....Ghazi just takes the easy option.

20 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

At the same time i can't see a world where Watkins is creating that assist for the 1-0 goal.

Keinan brings so much more to the team than just goals. 

Different strikers. Different qualities.

Agreed.  Watkins could've had set up AEG for an easy goal but was greedy.  And I'm alright with that. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Davis will be called up for England before the end of his contract.

£20 to VT if someone wants to be against it 

I’ll take that bet any day.  I’d go as far as to say he will not get a call up in his whole career.  I know that sounds really negative for one of our players but I’m just not seeing what other seems to be seeing. I like the lad and he will play his part. But I think people are getting carried away.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 25/09/2020 at 19:24, villalad21 said:

At the same time i can't see a world where Watkins is creating that assist for the 1-0 goal.

Keinan brings so much more to the team than just goals. 

Different strikers. Different qualities.

Fair enough but there also not a world where he is taking out 3 premier league defenders with the same step over!

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Fair enough but there also not a world where he is taking out 3 premier league defenders with the same step over!

Davis will never be the among the most accomplished technicians, I think is fair to say. But still, he does the simple things pretty well and if any player he's up against start doubting him, he can simply bully them physically into submission!

25 minutes ago, Gompedyret said:

Davis will never be the among the most accomplished technicians, I think is fair to say. But still, he does the simple things pretty well and if any player he's up against start doubting him, he can simply bully them physically into submission!

Wonder if he could do a job on Traore the next time we play Wolves 😆

Targett will be probably be missing as usual...

I know it was against Bristol but I don't think wes or samatta could have performed as well as he did that game. 

I'm very conflicted about Davis being our back up striker. I know he can perform well but just lack of goals is a major issue.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I know it was against Bristol but I don't think wes or samatta could have performed as well as he did that game. 

I'm very conflicted about Davis being our back up striker. I know he can perform well but just lack of goals is a major issue.

His injury record concerns me more than his lack of goals

• Like 1

12 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Davis will be called up for England before the end of his contract.

£20 to VT if someone wants to be against it 

Not if Southgate is in charge still! 

32 minutes ago, useless said:

I think Davis is one of our technically better players has close control, can go past players, rarely gives the ball away, can hold onto it in tight situations and so on, this idea that he's just some sort of battering ram isn't true. He's one of the most dependable players we've got with the ball at their feet.

Loves a stepover, probably the most two footed player in the squad, good eye for a pass, great composure and calmness on the ball, never rushed and a really has a nice weight of pass even under pressure.

...sorry, I mean something, something, Heskey, unit, beast of a player.

One thing is for sure, we haven’t kept him around for this long because we don’t rate him. Injuries and his low scoring rate go against him big time and yet we are keeping him and he has just signed a 4 year contract. 

From what I’ve seen of him towards the end of last season and the beginning of this, I’m starting to see it myself. If he stays fit and can add goals he’ll save us £20m+. 

• Like 1

Must, must, must stay fit. Then the rest of his game with develop with playing time. Unfortunately if he keeps up his current injury rate he will never reach his full potential. I’ve got my fingers crossed for him because I think he could be a top player for us. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Dean has already spelled out what he sees in Keinan.....He highlights all the things we see.

His lack of goals can't be ignored, but he is 22......peter Withe was a late starter.

I think Dean will develop him......I think he will get there, don't knoe if he will ever be prolific but as our team gets stronger, his opportunities to score will improve.

him alongside Ollie in a 4-4-2 is quite conceivable, if Dean wants to play that formation on certain occasions he can, to give him variation.

I recognise the argument from his detractors, but i think he will come good.....he is already improving with his sustained fitness, being a relief.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

Dean has already spelled out what he sees in Keinan.....He highlights all the things we see.

His lack of goals can't be ignored, but he is 22......peter Withe was a late starter.

I think Dean will develop him......I think he will get there, don't know if he will ever be prolific but as our team gets stronger, his opportunities to score will improve.

him alongside Ollie in a 4-4-2 is quite conceivable, if Dean wants to play that formation on certain occasions he can, to give him variation.

I recognise the argument from his detractors, but i think he will come good.....he is already improving with his sustained fitness, being a relief.

Â