Keinan Davis

a-k

Just one page without mentioning Heskey is all I ask. 

Nothing like Heskey.

Davis has none of the goalscoring  Heskey did in his younger years and Heskey has none of Davis' skill on the ball.

On another note I wouldn't be against or surprised to see Davis start against Fulham with Ollie out wide.

Kid can be anything he wants.

• Like 3

Did really well last night and unlucky not to score from close range early on. Great play for El Ghazi's goal and I loved seeing him take a shot from distance too.

I had wanted him to go on loan, but at the moment I'd veer towards keeping him around the squad as another option up front. It's a tricky one, but a nice problem to have!

Edited by icouldtelltheworld

9 minutes ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

Did really well last night and unlucky not to score from close range early on. Great play for El Ghazi's goal and I loved seeing him take a shot from distance too.

I had wanted him to go on loan, but at the moment I'd veer towards keeping him around the squad as another option up front. It's a tricky one, but a nice problem to have!

Love the line of him being a nice problem to have.. This is exactly how I see him as he most definitely has all the attributes to be a good player..

Pace , dribbling, passing , strength, work ethic ..... and although his stats don’t weigh up he has a good shot on him. If he keeps on working on positioning, coupled with practicing his shot choice in regards to the open areas of the goal, then he could go on to do well.. Maybe just needs to get a break of a few goals to build his confidence.. 

Could it be that he just doesn't take enough shots? I always see him looking around for somewhere to lay the ball off to instead of just having a go himself. He probably could've scored loads by now.

I remember that used to be everybody's criticism of Sterling. Then Guardiola told him to be more selfish and now he's one of the best players in the league. Maybe Davis could have a similar boost.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, wilko154 said:

Brilliant tonight, I don't understand the stick he gets.

He's a different kind of striker, his hold up play is his biggest threat. People may joke about him now but Emile Heskey was a similar striker in some way.

The clinical finishing will come with game time, it's why I think a loan move would do him the world of good.

His ability to take on a man has really improved over the last year along with his hold up play which was already his strength. We will soon have a proper striker on our hands, and I think him and Watkins up front together would be a great partnership.

I have a sneaky feeling he will get game time, if he stays.....might not be a full 90, but he will play.

I am tempted for him to hang around to give Dean options to change the game and avoid us being too predictable.

I know you can't keep them wrapped up in cotton wool.....but I have a fear some clubs could just use him as a battering ram....he is better than that....let him learn his trade in the Prem, It's his home now.

Edited by TRO
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

Personally, I'm not sure how it's tricky or difficult or confusing or problematic or anything... he's a genuinely brilliant young prospect, getting regular minutes, signed a new contract, happy to be a part of the squad and makes a difference every time he takes to the field.

• Like 2

Just now, AvonVillain said:

Personally, I'm not sure how it's tricky or difficult or confusing or problematic or anything... he's a genuinely brilliant young prospect, getting regular minutes, signed a new contract, happy to be a part of the squad and makes a difference every time he takes to the field.

I agree that he's a fantastic prospect, but it's tricky in that it's unclear at this stage whether his development would be best aided by staying with us and getting minutes in the cup/off the bench, or going out on loan to a championship team to play week in week out. As there's been talk that he may be going out on loan, you'd imagine it's a decision that the hierarchy have been weighing up too

• Like 1

I posted about Davis's goal return a few weeks ago and maybe I was a bit harsh because although he had 18 PL appearances last season, last night on Transfermartkt I saw that actually only four of them were starts. But... if he gets four starts and 14 sub appearances again this season, he needs to score at least one goal, as he is a forward, he needs to get it out of the way, a weight off his shoulders. And then maybe he'll get a few more (London buses type goals). I hope he succeeds and I really want him to score his first PL goal soon, fingers crossed, whether that's as a starter or a sub.

2 hours ago, Greenfly said:

Could it be that he just doesn't take enough shots? I always see him looking around for somewhere to lay the ball off to instead of just having a go himself. He probably could've scored loads by now.

I remember that used to be everybody's criticism of Sterling. Then Guardiola told him to be more selfish and now he's one of the best players in the league. Maybe Davis could have a similar boost.

Nah, he takes a decent amount of shots actually. An average of 3 shots per 90 minutes in the PL last season. The average was something like 2.5 for a forwardr.

He's just not a good finisher.

Edited by Laughable Chimp
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

He played well again last night and a wonderful piece of play to tee up the El Ghazi goal.

He will be a vital cog this season and glad we have given him a new contract.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Nah, he takes a decent amount of shots actually. An average of 3 shots per 90 minutes in the PL last season. The average was something like 2.5 for a forwardr.

He's just not a good finisher.

I see.

Could he be lacking in confidence then? I don't want to believe he's just a terrible shot, there's surely something to it.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, robby b said:

I posted about Davis's goal return a few weeks ago and maybe I was a bit harsh because although he had 18 PL appearances last season, last night on Transfermartkt I saw that actually only four of them were starts. But... if he gets four starts and 14 sub appearances again this season, he needs to score at least one goal, as he is a forward, he needs to get it out of the way, a weight off his shoulders. And then maybe he'll get a few more (London buses type goals). I hope he succeeds and I really want him to score his first PL goal soon, fingers crossed, whether that's as a starter or a sub.

Had a long winded conversation/ argument with someone on twitter about this - this guy was talking about 60 plus games that KD has played but as you say a lot of those games are nowhere near 90 minutes. His game time adds up to about 28 first team games - since the 16/17 season that is - made up of sub appearances on the whole.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

He played well again last night and a wonderful piece of play to tee up the El Ghazi goal.

He will be a vital cog this season and glad we have given him a new contract.

me too.

has Nick run out of haha's yet?😀

• Haha 2

I don't really think finishing is necessarily Davis's problem. I think watching Ollie Watkins shows the difference between the two in that that some players just have that innate ability to be in the right place at the right time. It's a nearly unteachable instinct but maybe Davis will learn something from watching how Watkins does it in games and training. And he will be a hell of a player when he does

• Haha 1

Â