Keinan Davis

a-k

I like him more every time I see him play. 

Some might scoff but genuinely think he could get double figures this season (if he remains second choice striker and we won't bring anyone else in).

Very attack minded but at some point would like to see Watkins and Traore either side of Davis, with Jack dropping back into midfield.

• Like 1

Just now, myko said:

Some might scoff but genuinely think he could get double figures this season (if he remains second choice striker and we won't bring anyone else in).

Very attack minded but at some point would like to see Watkins and Traore either side of Davis, with Jack dropping back into midfield.

If he gets even one league goal I’ll be amazed! 

Had a quick scan through the Bristol city match thread and he’d been highlighted a couple of times as being “class”.

I think he offers so much: Deceptively fast and skilful, very strong with great hold-play and also links up well with others. I’m really happy he got the contract extension, he’s a great game changer off the bench at the moment and if he does get a bit of confidence in front of goal he could be a great player.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, myko said:

I'm with you here, if he can only add goals (and he's close) he's got everything else in his locker and will be a class player. 

I genuinely don't think there's been a player I've wanted to succeed more than Keinan, just love the bloke. 

• Like 2

Glad to see him getting some praise. He's shown himself capable for a while now.

His stint as a starter in the first team for half of that championship season was largely criticised by many, and for the most part the focus was on his lack of goals and assists.

I remember, one of the first times I was getting a proper look at him, he and O'Hare in a sequence of one-two's between each other danced around the opposition defenders in the final third, both cutting their teeth in the championship and the first team, but in that moment their chemistry and ability combined to allow the pair their first taste of success in stepping up to the standards required. It was great, incisive, cohesive and purposeful. Unfortunately on this occasion, in typical Keinan fashion, some of his best play in the final third didn't amount to much in terms of adding to a goal tally. However, he's got an abundance of quality that he brings to the table and I think that will mean he does end up providing a dynamic and dimension to our play that earns him a place in our first team plans, competing for minutes on field.

I think the goals will come, and even if he's never a prolific talisman, he'll add enough value to overall performances.

My opinion, his football IQ is probably his best asset, as it allows him to anticipate the contest, move and position himself accordingly, and to link up with teammates.

We've all seen him used for his physicality as a central outlet for when we looked to bypass midfield with long balls, or simply to contest clearances by our defense, and his hold up play is solid for a 22 year old, not because he can hold his own physically, but because he not only receives well in contested situations, he also then distributes it well enough to bring other teammates into the game in a way that sees us retain possession in our attacking half and occupy territory that we want to be in.

While this is a feature of his game, and I think he'll always be capable of it, I think he's more suited to a short passing game, making runs off the shoulder of defenders and using combination play to create space for us in the final third. For anyone who's followed his career to date please feel free to correct me if I'm off the mark in any of that.

• Like 2

The more I see of Davis the more I think he could make it given game time. He did a cross field ball today that showed me he can pass well, some of his movement was good in the box which was something else I didn't know he was capable off.

Honestly he has it all he just needs a scoring record now and for that he needs minutes. I definitely wouldn't sign another forward and if we do he has to be loaned out.

It’s a shame that he was brought off.  Ollie comes on and within a few minutes he had a tap in.

It probably was because Ollie just has a nose for where to be.. but would KD have had a chance now that city had to be more and more adventurous?  

You also know that if it was him in Ollie’s second goal scoring situation, he’s 100% touching it through for trez for a better chance at scoring.  
That’s why Ollie will be looking at getting 15+ goals, and KD just a couple - because he believes in himself so much that he will sometimes take the wrong option - but so long as he keeps scoring - not one of us will care.

KD needs to get that same killer selfish instinct for a while and just notch up a few goals.  He’s all round game play has always been excellent.

• Like 1

I haven't seen the game. But from the highlights and that assist alone I could imagine that he's continuing to show what he's capable of. If Davis was the one to miss the two shots which Watkins miss everyone will criticize him. Who could've scored two (while the two weren't bad miss at all). Looking forward to see more from him. I don't think we shall sign a new striker (because to have an upgrade on him we'll need to spend a quite big money, if we did then he needs to go on loan, but I'd prefer to keep him and use him).

6 minutes ago, Thug said:

It’s a shame that he was brought off.  Ollie comes on and within a few minutes he had a tap in.

It probably was because Ollie just has a nose for where to be.. but would KD have had a chance now that city had to be more and more adventurous?  

You also know that if it was him in Ollie’s second goal scoring situation, he’s 100% touching it through for trez for a better chance at scoring.  
That’s why Ollie will be looking at getting 15+ goals, and KD just a couple - because he believes in himself so much that he will sometimes take the wrong option - but so long as he keeps scoring - not one of us will care.

KD needs to get that same killer selfish instinct for a while and just notch up a few goals.  He’s all round game play has always been excellent.

I agree with what you're saying, however, I think Smith didn't help by starting Samatta in most of the games post lockdown. He could've done more to be honest. Samatta only had one shot which was shocking to be honest!

Â