Keinan Davis

a-k

10 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Let’s not get carried away mate. He is a good player with bags of potential but he still lacks that killer instinct. He should have it by now.

Have people forgotten he scored last week? Keeper has made 2 excellent saves from him tonight and he's still going to score second half. 

• Confused 1

17 minutes ago, nick76 said:

😂

Proper striker comes on the pitch and scores within five minutes🥳

Also older, much more experienced, and currently a better, albeit very different, player. Great finish by Watkins that I don't think Davis would have placed in the same way if presented with an equivalent chance though, I'll give you that.

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Have people forgotten he scored last week? Keeper has made 2 excellent saves from him tonight and he's still going to score second half. 

I just can’t see what you’re seeing mate. He is a good squad player and will be useful to keep around. Make it to the top? No chance!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Also older, much more experienced, and currently a better, albeit very different, player. Great finish by Watkins that I don't think Davis would have placed in the same way if presented with an equivalent chance though, I'll give you that.

Fair!

This shows me why he should go out on loan.  He created a great chance for El Ghazi and looked confident for the first 30 minutes but faded after that for me.  This is also his chance to score a goal but doesn’t against a rotated Bristol defence.  This level looks like his level to me or at least a level he can get some serious game time and maybe score some goals to show he could step up to the PL.  

Watkins was a big step up in quality when he came on and scored and should’ve scored at least another and he’s only played 1 PL game

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Fair!

This shows me why he should go out on loan.  He created a great chance for El Ghazi and looked confident for the first 30 minutes but faded after that for me.  This is also his chance to score a goal but doesn’t against a rotated Bristol defence.  This level looks like his level to me or at least a level he can get some serious game time and maybe score some goals to show he could step up to the PL.  

Watkins was a big step up in quality when he came on and scored and should’ve scored at least another and he’s only played 1 PL game

We were already 2-0 up with Keinan leading the line. What kind of sorcery is this?

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

We were already 2-0 up with Keinan leading the line. What kind of sorcery is this?

I’m not sure your point is proving your argument.  The best you have is Davis softened them up for Watkins to score? Good one, you got me there 😂

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I’m not sure your point is proving your argument.  The best you have is Davis softened them up for Watkins to score? Good one, you got me there 😂

Doesn't matter that he didn't score when he's contributions including an assist led to us being 2-0 up.

That's my main stick with Wesley and Samatta. In the games they don't score they offer nothing to the team.

1 hour ago, Okonokos said:

He has been absolutely phenomenal in this first half. If he adds goals to his game then he's the complete striker.

I really like the kid......I can see the shortfalls, but I am willing to wait.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Doesn't matter that he didn't score when he's contributions including an assist led to us being 2-0 up.

That's my main stick with Wesley and Samatta. In the games they don't score they offer nothing to the team.

Against Bristol who made 9 changes tonight, I sure hope he made a contribution 😂

I disagree re Wes plus he has actually scored some goals plus Davis only had one league assist last season and most of his work is away from the danger area.  His contributions in the PL are so rarely in the area to cause damage.  Defenders just push him wide or deep to nullify how big he is so his impact is gone.

He needs to get in and around the box more to be effective (In the danger areas) and the addition of goals would be helpful even just a few.  He needs to learn that in match action, he needs to go on loan and play more teams like Bristol to get that rhythm and experience and some confidence in scoring goals.

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

I'll just put this out there right now.

Keinan Davis is going to be a truly top class footballer and if you don't think so you are deliberately not looking. 

Can't believe some of the stick he's had on here in the past. Everytime he's played he's looked great and now he's just getting better and better each game. 

Superb technique. I think he'll go all the way, I really do. 

He was outstanding tonight and still shat himself with his two best chances and didn't even get a shot away.

If he can get over that mental barrier, he'll be a good PL striker for most of his career. If he can't, it'll be bottom of PL, top of Champ level.

He needs to play like he did tonight in the league when he comes on. He was really giving it some billy big balls, showing for passes and flicking it off with real confidence.

• Like 1

Brilliant tonight, I don't understand the stick he gets.

He's a different kind of striker, his hold up play is his biggest threat. People may joke about him now but Emile Heskey was a similar striker in some way.

The clinical finishing will come with game time, it's why I think a loan move would do him the world of good.

His ability to take on a man has really improved over the last year along with his hold up play which was already his strength. We will soon have a proper striker on our hands, and I think him and Watkins up front together would be a great partnership.

• Like 1

People talk about the level of opposition tonight, but before the game many were certain we were going to lose because we ourselves had fielded a weakened team, and it's not as if Davis isn't excellent almost every time he plays, if he wasn't he wouldn't have been offered his contract, club obviously recognize that there's way more to his game than just goals and as long as others are scoring it doesn't really matter if he scores or not but because he helps the team in so many other ways.

• Like 1

Â