Keinan Davis

a-k

9 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Signed a new deal til 2024

Good. There's a heck of a player in there; this shows faith that we can coach him, and faith that he will learn.

Suspect we'll keep him around until January, then when Wesley's back fit, he can go do things on loan for half a season. Unless he steps up significantly over the next few months; in which case Wesley has a fight on his hands!

• Like 2

Good news. I have a lot of time for him. Still only 22 so still the potential to improve. He'll never be anything like prolific but if he could add a few more goals to his game he'll be a real asset and warrant more than just the last half hour of games.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Good news. I have a lot of time for him. Still only 22 so still the potential to improve. He'll never be anything like prolific but if he could add a few more goals to his game he'll be a real asset and warrant more than just the last half hour of games 

It’s easy to forget how young he is as he’s been involved with the first team for so long. He’s got so much more to his game that I can forgive his lack of finishing for the most part. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

It’s easy to forget how young he is as he’s been involved with the first team for so long. He’s got so much more to his game that I can forgive his lack of finishing for the most part. 

Should give Nyland another chance then because he has a lot more to him than his goalkeeping 😂😂😂

Edited by nick76

1 minute ago, trom_borg said:

Yes the Nyland and Davis situation is clearly exactly the same...  

Just spoke to my brother and my nephew has been struggling with maths at school.  Turns out his maths teacher is no good at maths but he’s a lovely guy so we are going to persist with him.....

Low risk - Can't see much of fee if we let him go - his goalscoring record isn't great to say the least, so who would come in for him?. I like him - if he ever start to bang in the goals we would have a major player on our hands. As it is he can come on for 20 minutes and give the opposition defenders something to worry about.

• Like 1

I like Davis's hold up play and congrats to him on the new contract, but he really needs to go out on loan. 0 Prem goals and only 2 league goals in his whole career, it ain't good enough for a striker who is supposed to be giving Watkins competition.

If Samatta's off we need to be sending Davis out on loan to the Champ and bringing in another forward (someone who can play wide as well as up front - e.g. Rashica or King). Traore can apparently play up front too so we'd be ok. 

I'd be disappointed if Davis is here this season again as he clearly needs to improve his finishing and needs to move down a level to do that. 

• Like 1

He helps us defend from the front, helps bring players into the attack from deeper positions, contributing to the goal tally that way. He gets into good positions, the goals will come, even whilst they aren't right now he brings plenty to the team. The management and coaches obviously agree.

I get strikers are all about goals to some. The first thing I look at when we're linked to a striker is look at the goal stats but it doesn't always tell the full story. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Just spoke to my brother and my nephew has been struggling with maths at school.  Turns out his maths teacher is no good at maths but he’s a lovely guy so we are going to persist with him.....

If you argue here that Davis has no attributes as a footballer I simply have nothing else to say to you on this topic 

Goals or no goals, he affects and positively changes games when he is introduced. At this level players who can do that cost alot of money.

Davis is good value for his wages and doesn't cost a fee. A no brainer.

I still think he can kick on to become a really good player

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Â