Keinan Davis

a-k

There are plenty of nice guys in the world. There are plenty of strong guys too. Still doesn't make them good strikers. Keinan, for all his likeability and/or hardwork and hustling, is not a striker. At best, he's an old fashioned Heskey type player, but even then he doesn't score goals. That player doesn't fit the modern game, even if he was good at it.

In the Premier League I'd be shocked if he scored more than a goal a season. Championship, may even up to five. He wouldn't push double figurss until he was in League 1 or 2.

Sorry guys, he may be 'nice' but he's not a striker. He's also older than Luiz. There is absolutely no future for him at this club other than to try and get a fee for him!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, av1 said:

I'd love to see him loaned out to a club that would play him week in week out, and when I look at our options I think it's feasible.  

Watkins is clearly first choice atm. I'd still pick Samatta over Davis currently, and everything I've read so far about Traore suggests that whilst we may be signing the lad to play RW, he actually prefers playing as a CF, where he shone for Ajax. Throw  in the fact that Wesley may be back in a couple of months and just don't see Davis getting much game time. 

Let's get him out on loan and see how a full season of football moves his game along. 

Why would you pick Samatta over Davis? Davis have been miles better since the lockdown.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jackbauer24 said:

There are plenty of nice guys in the world. There are plenty of strong guys too. Still doesn't make them good strikers. Keinan, for all his likeability and/or hardwork and hustling, is not a striker. At best, he's an old fashioned Heskey type player, but even then he doesn't score goals. That player doesn't fit the modern game, even if he was good at it.

In the Premier League I'd be shocked if he scored more than a goal a season. Championship, may even up to five. He wouldn't push double figurss until he was in League 1 or 2.

Sorry guys, he may be 'nice' but he's not a striker. He's also older than Luiz. There is absolutely no future for him at this club other than to try and get a fee for him!

Last season he only started 4 games, Sheff Utd which was the first game post lockdown (and managed to have 3 good attacks which neither of our other strikers would have got in the first place). Those 3 were more than what Samatta done in all the remaining 9 games!

Then he started against Wolves (who had around 6-7 clean sheets on row, we played two strikers for the first time), Liverpool. Can’t remember the other game. How can we judge him on that? 

The amount of attacks and shots he get in a game is much more and much dangerous than Samatta or even Wesley. Wesley went into 12 games on row without scoring.

Almost every game Davis had atleast one dangerous chance. I’m not so worried about him scoring, I’m only worried that Smith would pick Samatta or even Wesley ahead of him. 

We need him in our squad, 20-30 mins a game. He changed our game against Everton and West Ham. 

His hold up play is the best we have. Fella is never going to be a go getting player but he has a role in this team IMO. He was very good when he came on. Even SU’s big lads bounced off him. 

Tough call to loan him out or not 

• Like 1

Just now, deeps said:

His hold up play is the best we have. Fella is never going to be a go getting player but he has a role in this team IMO. He was very good when he came on. Even SU’s big lads bounced off him. 

Tough call to loan him out or not 

I wouldn't loan him out. Even if he's not getting goals, he provides far too much in other ways. We'd regret it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, LondonLax said:

A striker who can hold up the ball in the box and lay it off for a midfielder is very useful against a team that parks the bus. 

As well as when it is you who is parking the bus, a clarence has more of a chance to become a counter.

I'm sure we'll be able to appreciate him much more when Traore will be playing, i can see them working well together. 

2 hours ago, WooJung said:

As well as when it is you who is parking the bus, a clarence has more of a chance to become a counter.

I'm sure we'll be able to appreciate him much more when Traore will be playing, i can see them working well together. 

There was a good chance on 70th minute where I feel he should have been played in for a good shot on goal.

He drags defenders everywhere which opens up pockets for others to attack.

We need to keep this lad.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, LondonLax said:

Should have been brought on earlier really (though we scored just before he came on). 

A striker who can hold up the ball in the box and lay it off for a midfielder is very useful against a team that parks the bus. 

Actually once he came on we scored.

I kept saying that he should be kept. I’d start him against Bristol. 

No time for a loan, we just need him in the squad. 

He’s so strong and actually has good ball control, I think the label of “striker” is the only reason people doubt him. 

Is he a striker? IMO he’s some sort of attacking midfielder, or a defensive forward maybe a better title. He’s not a prolific goal scorer but his ability on the ball is vastly underrated, him and Jack seem to link up well too. Really think he would thrive in a pairing with an actual strike partner, the ball sticks to him, impeccable hold up play and it goes under the radar how much he can impact our style of play 

Â