Keinan Davis

a-k

I’ve said it before, we should get Keinan on a new 3yr deal, even if only to protect our investment. He has really good attributes, if he finds the confidence to add goals to his skill set then he is an expensive player. But more than that, he’d be a really good player for Aston Villa Football Club. A good finish last night, he had loads of time to think what he was going to do and finished with aplomb. 

• Like 3

He's a right unit, and very athletic with it. Well taken goal, now he's broke his duck who knows, he was getting the chances last season but couldn't finish. He changed how we played at times last season and gave us a good outlet from pressure and worked hard but without some goals he's half the player. Hopefully that wil change for him now,  we need strength in depth and if he can get goals coming off the bench it's win win.

• Like 2

Delighted he got the goal last night which will hopefully do him the world of good confidence wise (even if it was only against "Burton").

Needs to keep spending hours and hours "finishing" on the training ground, because that is his only real weakness in his game (albeit a crucial one).

Still think he has a lot to offer and will play his part this season.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Smart finish from him last night.

I don't think he'll ever be a regular for us, but a goal will give him a lot of confidence.

He can contribute this season

One appearance one goal.

He needs to focus on that as his platform now and not his previous record.

I would love for Davis to come good.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, bobzy said:

He's too good in an attacking sense for that IMO - just needs to work on his end product.  Everything else he does is decent.

He can do this....He can get better, more confidence will land him in a different place.....remember Platty's goal against Belgium, it launched him.

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

One appearance one goal.

He needs to focus on that as his platform now and not his previous record.

I would love for Davis to come good.

Me too.

I actually like him as a player, I just don't think in this day and age a striker who doesn't score goals is ever going to be a big asset. Too many teams, us inclded, rely on playing one up front so you can't carry a striker that doesn't score in that set up.

If he can ever add a decent goal tally to his game then he can be a good player. Unfortunately I don't see it, but would love to be wrong

1 hour ago, TRO said:

He can do this....He can get better, more confidence will land him in a different place.....remember Platty's goal against Belgium, it launched him.

Can he though?

He got 4 starts last season. And with Watkins coming in i can't see him getting much more.

It's incredibly difficult for a striker to get into a rhythm if you don't get gametime.

I've already said i'd like for him to stay because he's an asset as a bench player, but i can't really say that is the best for his career. Kid needs to play football to develop.

Edited by villalad21

8 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Can he though?

He got 4 starts last season. And with Watkins coming in i can't see him getting much more.

It's incredibly difficult for a striker to get into a rhythm if you don't get gametime.

I've already said i'd like for him to stay because he's an asset as a bench player, but i can't really say that is the best for his career. Kid needs to play football to develop.

I know.

I am torn between a rock and a hard place.....I think he will get (some)game time.

Ollie has to acclimatise the step up is huge and he may be eased in to 70 minutes a game etc....I think opportunities will come.

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

I know.

I am torn between a rock and a hard place.....I think he will get (some)game time.

Ollie has to acclimatise the step up is huge and he may be eased in to 70 minutes a game etc....I think opportunities will come.

Depends as the rumours seem to suggest we are after another striker aside from the Traore and Rashica.  If that happens then Watkins, another and the when Wes returns....Davis won’t get a look in.

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Depends as the rumours seem to suggest we are after another striker aside from the Traore and Rashica.  If that happens then Watkins, another and the when Wes returns....Davis won’t get a look in.

I think it would suggest Watkins - Another striker - Davis. (Samatta possibly leaving?)

I can't see Wesley being too heavily relayed on so soon and if I'm honest, when he does return to playing I would loan him out for the remainder of the season to get games into him and his confidence built back up.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I wonder if sentiment has gripped me.....I just feel like I can see something under the surface.

I know he has to score goals and tap ins are fine for me.....I'm not botherd how they go in.

but at times we may need a target man to come on, especially away from home on a wet Wednesday night.

I'd love to see him loaned out to a club that would play him week in week out, and when I look at our options I think it's feasible.  

Watkins is clearly first choice atm. I'd still pick Samatta over Davis currently, and everything I've read so far about Traore suggests that whilst we may be signing the lad to play RW, he actually prefers playing as a CF, where he shone for Ajax. Throw  in the fact that Wesley may be back in a couple of months and just don't see Davis getting much game time. 

Let's get him out on loan and see how a full season of football moves his game along. 

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

I wonder if sentiment has gripped me.....I just feel like I can see something under the surface.

I know he has to score goals and tap ins are fine for me.....I'm not botherd how they go in.

but at times we may need a target man to come on, especially away from home on a wet Wednesday night.

Regarding Keinan i am the same.

Keinan is extremely likable. Works like a horse and never complains.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I think it would suggest Watkins - Another striker - Davis. (Samatta possibly leaving?)

I can't see Wesley being too heavily relayed on so soon and if I'm honest, when he does return to playing I would loan him out for the remainder of the season to get games into him and his confidence built back up.

Excluding my feelings on Davis. I just don’t see how the kid will improve if he doesn’t get a run of games.  If I was him, I’d been asking a for a loan move to prove myself.  Getting 10-15 minutes every other/couple of games at best is doing nothing for him or his career.  Whatever happens he’s not going to be put in front of a Watkins, Wes and another striker that we are likely to spend 20m+ on because of the fees involved and he’s not sitting on a fat contract like Lansbury.  The more attacking players we bring in the less time he’s going to get.

Edited by nick76

24 minutes ago, TRO said:

As I said on the last post, how will we ever know if there is something under the surface because the more attacking players we bring in the less time he’s going to get to unleash that.  He needs to go on loan to prove that because 10 minutes here and there at Villa won’t do that.

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

As I said on the last post, how will we ever know if there is something under the surface because the more attacking players we bring in the less time he’s going to get to unleash that.  He needs to go on loan to prove that because 10 minutes here and there at Villa won’t do that.

Bang on pal, infact I'd drop him 2 divisions or to Scots Prem, at that level he should really build his confidence or just show us he just hasn't got it.

• Like 1

Â