Jump to content

Keinan Davis


Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, nick76 said:

You are joking arent you.  The keeper was too faar over to his near side and left the gap.....we all saw it on TV as it happened and in numerous replays.  It was a golden opportunity on his favoured foot.  He didnt need to cut inside, he just needed to aim for the far corner. 

I cant believe people are defending that miss.  If the goalie saves then fine but he left a gap and it was wide open.  Showing that picture showing the gaping goal doesnt tell the full story!  what does that mean? what else do you need.  No defender near him, favoured foot, gaping hole to aim for......even watching the replay makes it even more obvious it shouldve been a goal.

This is not defensible! 

You keep saying this, but he is right footed.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Have some perspective and fairness instead of slaughtering the kid for missing a chance ffs.

I really don't get some of our fans.

If he was in the team and consistently missing clear cut chances it would be another thing.

Jack Grealish has missed chances and penalties as well.

Same probably goes for Wesley, I remember when he got the penalty  (Which he missed) it's like some people were almost excited for him to miss it just so they could have a reinforced rant about how useless he is.

I realise that alot of fan opinion HEAVILY relies on favoritism.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

You keep saying this, but he is right footed.

That video would suggest he's Left footed. Primarily dribbles with his left, most passes are with his left and his few goals are left footed.

 

If he's right footed then the miss is more concerning as he had time to shift on to his right.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

You keep saying this, but he is right footed.

he's left footed

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Have some perspective and fairness instead of slaughtering the kid for missing a chance ffs.

I really don't get some of our fans,

so occasionally a superstar misses a chance but probably scores otherwise during the game.  if not they have scored hundreds of goals and yet you are joking with a guy who just doesnt score.  It's not a joke though, he could've missed that chance and Arsenal score due to our general defensive frailties and be relegated.  yes, relegation wouldnt be his fault but he could've saved us and didnt.  Fortunately we didnt need it last night but it couldve been the difference.

Link to post
Share on other sites

That was the chance I think. Just can’t see it happening for him now and I’ve been one of his biggest fans.

I also was less than enamoured with his half ass closing down and jogging about though I wonder if he was told specifically to occupy the centre circle, which would account for that.

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

so occasionally a superstar misses a chance but probably scores otherwise during the game.  if not they have scored hundreds of goals and yet you are joking with a guy who just doesnt score.  It's not a joke though, he could've missed that chance and Arsenal score due to our general defensive frailties and be relegated.  yes, relegation wouldnt be his fault but he could've saved us and didnt.  Fortunately we didnt need it last night but it couldve been the difference.

How long was he on the pitch for?

How many chances does he get?

How many minutes has he played this season?

" so occasionally a superstar misses a chance but probably scores otherwise during the game " - This is just selective bollox, when the point was obviously to highlight that the best of players can miss chances at any given time, come off it... 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WooJung said:

It's not players like Davis who are a burden, rather players like McCormack, richards and Lansbury who are in higher wages and offer much much less

I absolutely agree. But the thread was about Davis, and that is what my comment related to. There are, of course, other problems at the club that require attention.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just looking at the Transfermarkt website, as per the following link:- Kienan Davis appearances 2019/20

Since the re-start across 9 the games Kienan has played 387 minutes with zero goals to his name. This is equivalent of an average of 43 minutes per game, make of that what you will. I personally think he does everything right up until the final third where it has not worked out for him. I don't think he has that killer instinct in front of goal to be a top striker, and I do think we need better upfront for next season  otherwise we are in for another long hard season.

Unfortunately he is all we have got for now other than Samatta or throwing El Ghazi, Trezeguet or a youngster upfront. So we need to support him and hope he finds the back of the West Ham net a couple of times this weekend. 🤞

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

How long was he on the pitch for?

How many chances does he get?

How many minutes has he played this season?

" so occasionally a superstar misses a chance but probably scores otherwise during the game " - This is just selective bollox, when the point was obviously to highlight that the best of players can miss chances at any given time, come off it... 

Exactly.

It's been highlighted already a couple of pages back where we delve into "stats" for the lad.

Give the kid a break. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

How long was he on the pitch for?

How many chances does he get?

How many minutes has he played this season?

" so occasionally a superstar misses a chance but probably scores otherwise during the game " - This is just selective bollox, when the point was obviously to highlight that the best of players can miss chances at any given time, come off it... 

Oh ok, here come the excuses now.  He's had 771 minutes of League and Cup this season and scored 1 goals against Crewe

Time on the pitch....is that where we are going? 3 minutes before that chance...so you are implying that he wasnt up to speed with the match but arguably the defenders were tired and he did ok to get into that position and he was fresh.  Did he miss that easy chance because he wasnt up to speed with the match....that's clutching straws.  He'd done the hard work, all he had to do was then strike the ball.

How many chances does he get?  Yeah I know he's had too play chances on the field.....oh that's not what you meant 🤣  Re goal scoring chances....I agree and that's a general problems for the Villa but when he does get a chance he's bloody awful and even reading through these pages since the game, loads have commented that they still didnt expect him to score because he cant score.

19 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

" so occasionally a superstar misses a chance but probably scores otherwise during the game " - This is just selective bollox, when the point was obviously to highlight that the best of players can miss chances at any given time, come off it...

yours is the selective bollox mate because a missed chance by a superstar and you are trying to link with Davis' miss.  You are trying to deflect from the very point of this miss and generally he cant score.  If it was a one off I guess none of this would be discussed or just a few comments but it's consistent with him and that was really an easy chance.  You are just trying to deflect. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Rosey view, ah c'mon man.

Stats you say...

19/20 season. Davis has been named in the match day squad 22 times.

4 of these games he started and never finished*, 16 of these games he came off the bench and the remaining 5 he stayed on the bench.

So, from what I gather is that you're expecting a player who's seen on avg. 37 minutes per game this season to be this Romelu Lukaku like striker and smash goals home for fun every game?

We can't sell him as he is already out of contract. He does deserve a 1yr extension though in my book.

 

1 minute ago, NeilS said:

Just looking at the Transfermarkt website, as per the following link:- Kienan Davis appearances 2019/20

Since the re-start across 9 the games Kienan has played 387 minutes with zero goals to his name. This is equivalent of an average of 43 minutes per game, make of that what you will. I personally think he does everything right up until the final third where it has not worked out for him. I don't think he has that killer instinct in front of goal to be a top striker, and I do think we need better upfront for next season  otherwise we are in for another long hard season.

Unfortunately he is all we have got for now other than Samatta or throwing El Ghazi, Trezeguet or a youngster upfront. So we need to support him and hope he finds the back of the West Ham net a couple of times this weekend. 🤞

Unfair how many are trying to throw the lad under a bus when he has hardly had the rub of the green with us in his career threw injuries and other players in his way when he has been ready.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Exactly.

It's been highlighted already a couple of pages back where we delve into "stats" for the lad.

Give the kid a break. 

The problem is that the stats defeat your argument.  The kid is getting chances and yes not full games but he's not producing whether through creating chances or scoring.  Stats arent on your side to defend the kid whether in this league or the lower league.

I'm not giving the kid a break because he's not good enough.  This isnt about keeping players for the sake of it we need to stay in the league and we need to improve, if we do stay up next season and Davis is struggling this season so we need to ship out and improve otherwise we'll be in the same place next season.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NeilS said:

Just looking at the Transfermarkt website, as per the following link:- Kienan Davis appearances 2019/20

Since the re-start across 9 the games Kienan has played 387 minutes with zero goals to his name. This is equivalent of an average of 43 minutes per game, make of that what you will. I personally think he does everything right up until the final third where it has not worked out for him. I don't think he has that killer instinct in front of goal to be a top striker, and I do think we need better upfront for next season  otherwise we are in for another long hard season.

Unfortunately he is all we have got for now other than Samatta or throwing El Ghazi, Trezeguet or a youngster upfront. So we need to support him and hope he finds the back of the West Ham net a couple of times this weekend. 🤞

I will be delighted if that happens, but very few will have any faith that it will.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

 

Unfair how many are trying to throw the lad under a bus when he has hardly had the rub of the green with us in his career threw injuries and other players in his way when he has been ready.

55 Appearances and 2 Goals....that's in the championship and PL.  Cant say he's not being given a chance when he's not injured.

KD.JPG

Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Exactly.

It's been highlighted already a couple of pages back where we delve into "stats" for the lad.

Give the kid a break. 

I have supported him for a long time, waiting for the goals to come, but there has to be a point where you think it isn't going to happen and he has to be moved on.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, nick76 said:

The problem is that the stats defeat your argument.  The kid is getting chances and yes not full games but he's not producing whether through creating chances or scoring.  Stats arent on your side to defend the kid whether in this league or the lower league.

I'm not giving the kid a break because he's not good enough.  This isnt about keeping players for the sake of it we need to stay in the league and we need to improve, if we do stay up next season and Davis is struggling this season so we need to ship out and improve otherwise we'll be in the same place next season.

He doesn't need to be a starter. Why not keep him on as 3rd/4th choice striker and bring him on against tired legs. How much is he on a week...5-10k max?
Agreed, he isn't good enough to be a starter in this division, but we need a squad and I think he has a part to play in that. 

Assuming we stay up, there's no point going out and blowing 10-15m on a better back up striker when we probably need 3 new wingers and a starting striker as is. We'll probably need to spend at least 100m to stand still this summer provided we lose Grealish. 

Davis isn't an issue. He's the back up to a back up and he can help us out on the odd occasion we need to see a game out or need to bully tired legs. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â