Keinan Davis

a-k

1 hour ago, sne said:

He had that 18 game run in the Championship where he started most of them and scored 2 back in 17/18

Before Bruce ran him into the ground and played him with a dodgy hip for a month straight against the advice of medical professionals.

• Like 1

Davis for me is not a goal scorer.

I've always said though that Davis would better be utilised in midfield, he will run opposition rugged and that's what we need in midfield, for me hes a chaser of the ball, he has that energy. I've a feeling if he was an attacking midfielder that we may get better results with him, because he can at a second notice switch to a defensive mindset. If Davis is in the middle of the field I am sure he would cut out many balls.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Davis for me is not a goal scorer.

I've always said though that Davis would better be utilised in midfield, he will run opposition rugged and that's what we need in midfield, for me hes a chaser of the ball, he has that energy. I've a feeling if he was an attacking midfielder that we may get better results with him, because he can at a second notice switch to a defensive mindset. If Davis is in the middle of the field I am sure he would cut out many balls.

Interesting suggestions.

I always worry a bit of forwards who are classed in such a way.....I really do appreciate his hold up play, but.....

If you play up front you have to do what it says on the tin.......score....else patience wears thin.....and the word "limited",gets labelled.

much of goalscoring is about positional play, being in the right place, i.e reading the game.....and of course composure, that deadly detail of not panicking under pressure.

His injuries have certainly curtailed his development.....the boy has certainly got something, whether he can play at this level, I am not sure.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

He isn't really that young anymore.

In his mid twenties in a couple of years time.

I remember John Richards of Wolves, not really doing it, until he was around 23

it sometimes happens......his staying fit is his prime challenge.

• Like 1

If he can sort his fitness out then we will have a player on our hands. He has got a bit of everything. I know that he is not a regular scorer but that could come with a consistent run of games. Before Tammy signed, I always thought we were at our best in the Championship when Davis played.

• Like 1

I would play him wide left or right. then pump long diagonal balls to him egil olsen style. he can hold it and feed the on-rushing midfielders or go for goal himself.

most full backs are slim build so he'd easily out muscle them and many bomb forward these days so he's have loads of space and be able to do something.

the tactic would transform football in the same way as Tiki-taka. It would be known as "the diagonal davis"

1 hour ago, screwdriver said:

I would play him wide left or right. then pump long diagonal balls to him egil olsen style. he can hold it and feed the on-rushing midfielders or go for goal himself.

most full backs are slim build so he'd easily out muscle them and many bomb forward these days so he's have loads of space and be able to do something.

the tactic would transform football in the same way as Tiki-taka. It would be known as "the diagonal davis"

We have a 6'2 winger already and that only works now and again.

I think he needs to stay in the middle.

• Like 1

Keinan reminds me a little of Heskey (in a good way). He holds the ball up well, is strong and runs hard. Emile didn't score goals freely, but he was a real handful for defenders and strikers like Michael Owen loved to play alongside him. He became an England international, was top drawer at his best and ended up scoring over one hundred goals as well. I'm not giving up on the lad just yet.    

• Like 2

20 hours ago, TRO said:

I remember John Richards of Wolves, not really doing it, until he was around 23

it sometimes happens......his staying fit is his prime challenge.

I agree, if he stays fit I think the rest of it will fall into place. Like the game against Norwich a couple of years ago, on his day the lad is unplayable

• Like 2

Has he got 1 more season where he doesn't have to be registered in the 25 man squad or was this his last season?

He's still young and sadly due to injuries pretty unproven so I hope we stick with him  and hope he can stay fit as I rate him much higher than Wes so far.

That said if he as to be registered among the 25 next season then pressure to perform is there. Fully agree with the club that we can't have a team full of 22-23 y.o knocking about in the U23's.

Both fans and club has had a tendency to treat our guys in their mid 20's as teenagers. Either afraid to give em' a go or reluctant to see they are just not good enough.

Baker, Clark and Gardner were all seen as "prospects" by some when the left ffs :D 

Regardless of which league we end up in next season I really hope we find a better and smoother way of introducing and utilizing our youth players with the seniors moving forward. Every single other club seem to be better at it than us. And I hope the restructuring of the youth teams continues in the direction it seem to be going.

• Like 3

Â