Keinan Davis

a-k

I thought he looked excellent against Manchester City away earlier in the season, he came on as sub and ran their defence ragged I thought for the short amount of time he was on the pitch. He held the ball up, made it stick and brought others in to play. I only really care about what he does on the pitch if he keeps himself clean and out of the headlines for the wrong reasons. From a distance, he seems quite good at this too. I’ve never met him but he just seems like a nice, likeable bloke, as well as being an excellent footballer. If he is good at computer games too, then that’s just an added bonus for me

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

• 2 weeks later...

If Villa are to resume in Smith's preferred 433 formation I think Davis could prove to be useful in the AML position. My thinking behind this is:

He would provide another out ball for the defenders when they need to clear it under pressure. And Davis is very good at holding it up so it wouldn't keep coming back 

He could provide flick ons for Samatta to run onto 

When El Ghazi has the ball on the right wing having Davis come in at the far post would provide a big aerial threat

He could help us defensively at set pieces

He would be able to out muscle most right backs and give them a torrid time preventing quite a few attacks down that side

Whilst he isn't a pacey winger his all round football skills are pretty good and I think he could do a decent job in that position

It would allow Grealish to come back into the middle 3 next to McGinn

He could hold the ball up long enough to allow Targett to bomb on past him, or for Grealish to provide an option in the middle

He would add more physicality to our team which is something that is desperately lacking 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Davis has only just signed a contract extension, and the link to Beşiktaş Jimnastik Kulübü, also known simply as Beşiktaş came from a Turkish website called Sporx who apparantly don't have the best of reputations for reliablity. For now he only has a one year extension and that was something that we triggered, but I imagine behind the scenes there are discussions about giving him a longer deal. If he can stay fit I think he could potentially be one of our very best players.

Edited by useless

34 minutes ago, useless said:

Davis has only just signed a contract extension, and the link to Beşiktaş Jimnastik Kulübü, also known simply as Beşiktaş came from a Turkish website called Sporx who apparantly don't have the best of reputations for reliablity. For now he only has a one year extension and that was something that we triggered, but I imagine behind the scenes there are discussions about giving him a longer deal. If he can stay fit I think he could potentially be one of our very best players.

Has it actually been confirmed that he’s signed a 1 year extension? I think he can be one of our best players too, his close control and ability to bring other players in to play is immaculate edit- I don’t think it‘s been on our official website that he’s signed a new one year contract

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

It was first reported by Pete O'Rourke who I think is meant to be fairly reliable and also Matt Maher in the Express and Star who is also pretty reliable from what I can recall. It's not been confirmed officially but I don't think it's unusual for us to trigger contraction extentions and not announce anything, especially with younger players.

'Villa have triggered a 12-month extension in Keinan Davis’ contract which will keep the young striker at the club until summer 2021.'

• Thanks 1

There is a article on the OS from when Indiana signed a new contract on May 18th but still nothing on the official site about Davis.

Surely there should be something as Davis is a more established player?

Indiana Vassilev signs new contract 📝

Indiana Vassilev signs new contract 📝

Aston Villa is pleased to announce that Indiana Vassilev has signed a new two-year contract with the club.

The young forward’s new deal will see him remain at Villa Park until June 2022.

A USA youth international, Vassilev has been a regular for Villa’s Under-23s this season and made his first team debut against Fulham in the FA Cup in January.

https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2020/05/18/indiana-vassilev-new-contract

That's a new contract rather than a contract extension that's been triggered by the club, essentially Davis' contract with us was always until 2021 unless the club decided otherwise, so probably don't see the extension being triggered as newsworthy.

Edited by useless

8 hours ago, useless said:

I agree, the lad is a beast

11 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Why would he even go to Turkey?

Besiktas are a decent sized club, great stadium and fans, European football, Istanbul if you were young and rich probably offers more than brum

For Davis it would be a weird move but for a lot of potential signings I could see them picking Besiktas over us 

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Besiktas are a decent sized club, great stadium and fans, European football, Istanbul if you were young and rich probably offers more than brum

For Davis it would be a weird move but for a lot of potential signings I could see them picking Besiktas over us 

It's very rare for English players to even go to Spain and Italy, never mind Turkey 

5 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

It's very rare for English players to even go to Spain and Italy, never mind Turkey 

That's why I said weird for Davis but for a contingent of our squad I would guess they'd see Besiktas as a good move 

Potential CL team in a big city 

In the remaining fixtures I think Davis and Samatta would work really well together.

So far playing one striker upfront hasn't worked, we need to change things and Davis looks a really promising player.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

In the remaining fixtures I think Davis and Samatta would work really well together.

So far playing one striker upfront hasn't worked, we need to change things and Davis looks a really promising player.

Dean is a 4-3-3 man. He changed it because our midfield was shot.

With McGinn back i can't see him going for anything other than 4-3-3

7 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Dean is a 4-3-3 man. He changed it because our midfield was shot.

With McGinn back i can't see him going for anything other than 4-3-3

I think it is important to be flexible and be able to change the formation accordingly to suit the players that the manager selects

• Like 1

Â