Keinan Davis

a-k

I don't think there was any ever danger of us not triggering an extension if there was one, I imagine we will be offering him a longer contract, question will be whether he accepts it or not.

Somebody has definitely got to his Wikipedia

Sir Keinan Vincent Joseph Davis (born 13 February 1998) is a future Ballon D'or winner and an English professional footballer who plays as a forward for Premier League the biggest club in England Aston Villa. Following youth spells at Stevenage and Biggleswade Town (who?) he moved to the Aston Villa academy at the age of 17 in December 2015 and made his first team debut just over a year later against Tottenham Hotspur in the FA Cup in January 2017.

Senior career*
Years Team Apps (Gls)
2016– Aston Villa 39 (73)
National team
2017–2018 England U20 3

(12)

Sir Davis grew up in Stevenage and went to The Nobel School. He started his football career within the Stevenage academy but was released by coach Darren Sarll in 2015. Sir Keinan was then picked up by Biggleswade Town under-18 coach Dave Northfield.

In December 2015, following a four-week trial after being scouted in a friendly between Biggleswade Town Under-18s and an Aston Villa youth side, Sir Davis signed for Aston Villa on an 18-month professional contract. After signing for Aston Villa, Northfield said: Sir Keinan is going to win Ballon D'ors when he's older, I promise you that. He is what would happen if Ronaldo, Akinfenwa and Messi were fused to form a footballer. This bloke is something special. Anyways I'm off to pub now if you fancy a pint, second left after the roundabout.[4] A few months later in 2016 Northfield moved the Biggleswade U18 side to form Biggleswade and become their joint-manager.

Club Details League FA Cup League Cup Other Total
Season Club League Apps Goals Apps Goals Apps Goals Apps Goals Apps Goals
2016–17 Aston Villa Championship 6 10 1 0 0 0 0 0 7 0
2017–18 Championship 28 52 1 1 1 0 0 0 30 3
2018–19 Championship 5 11 1 0 0 0 1 0 7 0
Career total 39 73 3 1 1 0 1 0 44 3

Honours

Aston Villa

Individual

• Sexiest Man Alive 2017, 2018, 2019
  • Championship Young Player of the Year 2017-18
  • Knighthood- knighted upon birth (13/2/1998)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keinan_Davis 

• Haha 1

I am pleased he is staying, with a but though. Davis needs to be utilised elsewhere... We all know Keinan is not a scorer but he dies run his bloody socks off on the field and causes problems for opposition. I have noticed many teams under strain when Davis starts running at them and this is why he maybe better utilised in midfield rather than playing as forward. Come to think of it he'd be better utilised as a Winger, would rather See him on pitch than Ghazi and Trezegeut as Keinan has always shown more guts, courage and heart than Ghazi anyway, Trez does try I just do not think he can compete at this level. As I've said before both Ghazi and trez should now be moved into subs and to do that we now need much better Wingers...

I think very highly of young Keinan Davis and Rushian Hepburn-Murphy, I think they will have good careers in the game. They both have the potential to play for our first team I think. I have seen them quite a lot for our u18s and u23s. Davis has an uncanny ability to hold the ball up and bring others in to play, as well as that I think he can finish too. Hepburn-Murphy is a great finisher, if we could somehow combine the two then we’d have some player but we can’t sadly

• Haha 2

Will probably sustain another injury whilst picking up the pen to sign the extension.

then after no games for such a duration, the first game back....you'll hear the pop of those achillies tendons snapping as far away as the king fisher in redditch!

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

36 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

Will probably sustain another injury whilst picking up the pen to sign the extension.

then after no games for such a duration, the first game back....you'll hear the pop of those achillies tendons snapping as far away as the king fisher in redditch!

He’s a young man that has gone on a fairytale story, he’s come from Biggleswade Town. His ability to hold the ball up and bring others in to play is unsurpassed in the whole squad. I think he’s brilliant, he’s a very unique talent I think, that’s why we bought him in the first place. Yes, he has had a lot of injuries for one so young but hopefully he’ll come back stronger from them. If he doesn’t make it here, he’ll still have a great career in the game at whatever level, same goes for Hepburn-Murphy

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He’s a young man that has gone on a fairytale story, he’s come from Biggleswade Town. His ability to hold the ball up and bring others in to play is unsurpassed in the whole squad. I think he’s brilliant, he’s a very unique talent I think, that’s why we bought him in the first place. Yes, he has had a lot of injuries for one so young but hopefully he’ll come back stronger from them. If he doesn’t make it here, he’ll still have a great career in the game at whatever level, same goes for Hepburn-Murphy

Agree with you about Davis and RHM.I was really impressed by RHM in preseason games,I felt his pace could be a big asset for us .

I hope Smith has him on loan because he thinks he has a future with us.

Davis is a quality player ,he seems to have more time than other players and is often a sign of ability.His main weakness is injuries .

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Only2McInallys said:

Agree with you about Davis and RHM.I was really impressed by RHM in preseason games,I felt his pace could be a big asset for us .

Davis is a quality player ,he seems to have more time than other players and is often a sign of ability.His main weakness is injuries .

I agree with you but at the same time, I don’t want to hype them up too much. As it stands, they’re both out of contract with us in the Summer sadly. I think they will have good careers in the game whatever happens

• Haha 1

On 22/04/2020 at 18:31, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think very highly of young Keinan Davis and Rushian Hepburn-Murphy, I think they will have good careers in the game. They both have the potential to play for our first team I think. I have seen them quite a lot for our u18s and u23s. Davis has an uncanny ability to hold the ball up and bring others in to play, as well as that I think he can finish too. Hepburn-Murphy is a great finisher, if we could somehow combine the two then we’d have some player but we can’t sadly

I thought this was the jokes thread in off-topic for second!!! Good one...

6 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Stop it, my stomach is hurting from laughing, I can’t take any more....

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Do you rate them? Edit- I’ve just seen your other post 

RHM will be a lower tier player at best 

Davis is not a central striker at all.  

1 hour ago, Only2McInallys said:

RHM is gone to Derby under 23 on loan which is a step down from Tranmere where he struggled. He will be released in the summer

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, nick76 said:

RHM will be a lower tier player at best 

Davis is not a central striker at all.  

If Davis isn’t a central striker, then what is his position? For me, he’s a natural target man, that’s his role, his best position.

RHM seems to have been around for ages, it’s easy to forget that he made his debut for us as a 16 year old, injuries have held him back. 

Both of them will have great careers in the game I think

3 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

If Davis isn’t a central striker, then what is his position? For me, he’s a natural target man, that’s his role, his best position.

RHM seems to have been around for ages, it’s easy to forget that he made his debut for us as a 16 year old, injuries have held him back. 

Delfouneso showed much more promise than RHM, no idea where he is now but I guess its lower than the Championship and probably not even a regular goalscorer

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Delfouneso showed much more promise than RHM, no idea where he is now but I guess its lower than the Championship and probably not even a regular goalscorer

He’s at Blackpool in league 1, scores a few for them. Delfouneso was brilliant in our youth team, the first team is a different kettle of fish

Just now, sir_gary_cahill said:

Even as a target man you need to be able to score.  He can’t score, never looks like scoring and while we can allow others to take the scoring responsibility he needs to chip in and history at all levels as I’ve previous said on this thread and his play suggest he can’t do that and won’t.

Position, I don’t know....he’s got something but never as a target man, definitely not a number nine, not as a old number ten like Sutton or Sheringham because while he can holdup and bring others into play it’s not good enough for lack of goals.  So can he play as a wide forward, winger or midfielder who knows. I personally think he’ll even up in a couple years time as a mid table championship striker.

RHM, I just don’t see enough from him even his special moments.  I’ve watched him a lot and to me looks like one of those players that will look good on a YouTube highlights clip but when you watch him week in, week out is very disappointing.  To me will likely be a 3rd tier player before fading away.

Both prone to injuries as well which will hinder their career and fitness

6 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He’s at Blackpool in league 1, scores a few for them. Delfouneso was brilliant in our youth team, the first team is a different kettle of fish

he has 3 goals in 26 games this season and is 29 years old with less than 50 career goals. an absolute dud of a career sadly

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Even as a target man you need to be able to score.  He can’t score, never looks like scoring and while we can allow others to take the scoring responsibility he needs to chip in and history at all levels as I’ve previous said on this thread and his play suggest he can’t do that and won’t.

Position, I don’t know....he’s got something but never as a target man, definitely not a number nine, not as a old number ten like Sutton or Sheringham because while he can holdup and bring others into play it’s not good enough for lack of goals.  So can he play as a wide forward, winger or midfielder who knows. I personally think he’ll even up in a couple years time as a mid table championship striker.

RHM, I just don’t see enough from him even his special moments.  I’ve watched him a lot and to me looks like one of those players that will look good on a YouTube highlights clip but when you watch him week in, week out is very disappointing.  To me will likely be a 3rd tier player before fading away.

Both prone to injuries as well which will hinder their career and fitness

Emile Heskey made a career out of working hard for the team and in turn creating space and opportunities for others. I’m not saying that Hepburn-Murphy or Davis are even remotely similar to Heskey but I think they will both have good careers in the game at whatever level they end up at 

Â