Keinan Davis

a-k

7 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

In a world where he stays fit I go 5-3-2 until the end of the season.

None of our defenders can pass it, none of our midfielders actually want it, none of our wingers can wing it. Right back to basics, just shell it. Big man has a great touch, great presence, great all round game.

Nyland

Elmo Engels Mings Hause Targett

Drinkwater Jack McGinn

Sama Keinan

I’ve been saying this for weeks. The going back to basics part. 

Our players aren’t very good. The midfielders simply have no influence on games so just bang it long and build from there. If it sticks, great, give it to Grealish and McGinn. If it doesn’t, fight for the second ball. If we don’t win that, everybody retreat and defend with your life. 

Then, when we do win it back, bang it long again.

Wont happen though, we won’t drop our sexy style of football. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

I’ve been saying this for weeks. The going back to basics part. 

Our players aren’t very good. The midfielders simply have no influence on games so just bang it long and build from there. If it sticks, great, give it to Grealish and McGinn. If it doesn’t, fight for the second ball. If we don’t win that, everybody retreat and defend with your life. 

Then, when we do win it back, bang it long again.

Wont happen though, we won’t drop our sexy style of football. 

It's funny because we don't even play sexy football 90% of the time anyway. 

Still say get Big Sam in and play defensive long ball - rather we stay up and play 100% dire football than the current 10% sexy football and always lose. 

It doesn't matter who comes in, nothing changes.

McGinn will be back soon and will still be the same.....it was the same just before his injury.

we are all clutching at straws.

20 minutes ago, TRO said:

It doesn't matter who comes in, nothing changes.

McGinn will be back soon and will still be the same.....it was the same just before his injury.

we are all clutching at straws.

It seems whoever we bring in players, managers or owners, we just don’t seem to click on the pitch, I don’t know why that is, it’s been like that, it’s been that way for pretty much a decade now. I don’t see it changing any time soon

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

He did more in 15 minutes yesterday than the majority of our team, yet some people refuse to acknowledge that he brings something to the team.

He has to play. Hell, play him centre mid if Smith is too stubborn to play 2 up top. 
Just play the bloke. 

• Like 2

I’m certain he is in the starting line up as soon as his fitness allows given his injury record. I expect he may even start on Saturday and hope get through 60 minutes.

Again, in a few minutes on the pitch he actually does something positive and keeps the ball too. He can’t change our horrific recent away displays all on his own but he does make us a fair bit better.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

None of our defenders can pass it, none of our midfielders actually want it, none of our wingers can wing it. Right back to basics, just shell it. Big man has a great touch, great presence, great all round game.

Amen! Ten "Hail Mary" balls to Davis – about 3-5 good outcomes.

Ten attempts to recreate Brazil 1970 from our own box – zero good outcomes.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

He’s out of contract with us in the Summer, I think he has a lot of potential but he just hasn’t had a run of games in our first team. His ability to hold up the ball and bring others in to play is probably the best from our squad. If he could add goals to his game, he’d be playing at a better club than ours I think. Then again, they all are SGC, they all are :( :( 

• 4 weeks later...
Â