Keinan Davis

a-k

I am absolutely not ready to write Davis off a few minutes and an injury into his Premier League career based on what I have seen. He's a big, mobile lad with good feet and a nice touch. Strong as an ox. Obviously he can't finish, but then neither can Wes.

I'm interested to see how he does against Liverpool in the cup. Hope he makes it. 

There seems to be a disconnect with the fact Davis was playing non league 4 years ago and is 21 years old dipping his toe in the Premier League. Dean obviously rates him... And people *still* want to sell him? 

Seems strange to me but fair enough.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Some players are on a merry go round of injurys, recovery, playing, then round around the merry go round they go again, I see Davis having this problem.

I think we need to replace kodjia, Davis and Hogan and yeah Lansbury, with better quality, our front firing line really is just Wesley.

I don't think we should let Davis go he is young and has good potential he's the sort of player we should be trying to develop, happy to see him loaned out again but to do that we need to bring in 2 strikers If we get rid of Kodj and Hogan. 

On 02/12/2019 at 06:48, Delphinho123 said:

I’m a big Davis fan but this is just getting ridiculous now. He’s never going to make it as a footballer if every time the wind blows he’s out for 12 months. 

Where is he? We’d be a better team with him in the side. 

Frustrating.

Pretty sure he tore his hamstring v Wolves so that's a minimum six weeks if not longer.

He didn't come off with a knock anyway.

10 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Pretty sure he tore his hamstring v Wolves so that's a minimum six weeks if not longer.

He didn't come off with a knock anyway.

Fair. But it does just seem like every time he plays he pulls or damages a muscle. I’d really like to see him given 3-5 games in the prem. I’m convinced he’ll do a better job than Wesley. 

• 2 weeks later...

A player entirely unproven in the Championship let alone the Premiership. I would love to see him come good but to be honest I have never seen a game where he's played well IMO.

13 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Anyone know where he is? Please, please come back soon, Keinan.

I think he started running this week, so maybe getting back to basic fitness levels in a couple of weeks?

• Like 1

I'd actually like to see us play two up front, you'd think Davis would be great for hold up play and Kodjia good for getting in the box.

Maybe even Davis and Wes?

El Ghazi and Trez both try and get in the box, but neither are natural strikers, i'd drop McGinn for a striker to be honest give John a needed rest and see if we can pose more of a threat.

Edited by VillanousOne

Â