Keinan Davis

a-k

7 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Are all the people who said Keinan was the next messiah just going to walk away and pretend they haven't been talking absolute shit for the last week?

I'm baffled there are still people saying this lad is a better prospect than Wesley.

j4IT0bF_d.jpg

He actually seems like a very nice boy but I couldn't find that meme...

Edited by Rds1983

7 hours ago, KentVillan said:

My point was that there has been a campaign on here (mostly just two posters tbf) for Wesley to be dropped for Keinan, and it's been **** ludicrous.

He was basically playing against Wolves' academy but some of the feedback was that he was better than Wesley. Wesley would have destroyed that back line.

For me he looked 'OK' but also looked like he was the opposite of a goal threat, again, you have to take into account how weak the opposition was, so for me it doesn't bode to well. He basically had a big opportunity and did not make the most out of it and then sadly gets injured.

• Like 1

he needs to go on loan IMO. he didnt get a proper run of starts in the championship, and he needs to go out to find his scoring boots. we needed another striker anyway as wesley is too inconsistent, and if we keep kodj in jan then we should be OK with 3

• Like 2

1 hour ago, VillanousOne said:

did he even muster a shot on goal vs Wolves U16s?

I like him and want him to do well but he is not the answer to get goals if Wesley fails.

Wesley has failed to score in 7/10 games this season.

He really isn't that much better. Scored against a injury broken Norwich side, 10 man Arsenal and a Everton side in free fall.

Still has lots of potential, I think people are writing him off too early, Kane was not prolific (in fact far from it) until a few years ago, I’m not saying Davis will match Kane eventually but it’s worth considering.

Added to that he seems a nice lad, gets on well with the squad and works hard by all accounts.

He was visibly upset when he got injured which is never nice to see and he got a standing ovation from the crowd which is far more telling than any statistics you can find.

I think he’ll be a late bloomer but will come good.

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Wesley has failed to score in 7/10 games this season.

He really isn't that much better. Scored against a injury broken Norwich side, 10 man Arsenal and a Everton side in free fall.

And how much exactly do you expect a goal a game striker to cost? Because it's definitely not 22m.

Maybe if you gave him a season, he might improve, instead of this constant hyperbolic load of nonsense with the players you don't like, over and over and over and over and over and over again. It's boring hearing it all the time.

Yes, we need another striker in January, but it's November 1st now, so maybe just stfu until Jan and get behind the striker we have?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

36 minutes ago, Mister_a said:

And how much exactly do you expect a goal a game striker to cost? Because it's definitely not 22m.

The goals isn't a massive concern to me in a Dean Smith team. His teams have goals all over the pitch. a 15 goal a season striker isn't necessary under him as it were under Lambert.

It's his general play i'm not happy with.

Edited by villalad21

4 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

The goals isn't a massive concern to me in a Dean Smith team. His teams have goals all over the pitch. a 15 goal a season striker isn't necessary under him as it were under Lambert.

"Wesley has failed to score in 7/10 games this season."

"The goals isn't a massive concern to me in a Dean Smith team."

Which is it? and what does it have to do with Dean Smith?

Would you care to find a position and stick with it?

Edited by Mister_a
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Mister_a said:

"Wesley has failed to score in 7/10 games this season."

"The goals isn't a massive concern to me in a Dean Smith team."

Which is it? and what does it have to do with Dean Smith?

You just brought up his "impressive" goal ratio.  Just pointed out the goals aren't as impressive when you consider the circumstances of the goals.

His general play haven't been good enough.

Just now, villalad21 said:

You just brought up his "impressive" goal ratio.  Just pointed out the goals aren't as impressive when you consider the circumstances of the goals.

His general play haven't been good enough.

A fair point, but what does moaning about Wes solve? We can't get another striker before Jan, and whatever question Keinan Davies is the answer to, it isn't "who is going to score more goals than Wes this season?".

Have you considered getting behind the team instead of moaning about Dean and Wes at every opportunity?

19 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Look this is just nonsense. Our top scorer last season was Tammy Abraham, and we need our top scorer this season to be Wesley Moraes. Dean Smith hasn't invented a totally new style of football where your strikers don't need to score goals.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Look this is just nonsense. Our top scorer last season was Tammy Abraham, and we need our top scorer this season to be Wesley Moraes. Dean Smith hasn't invented a totally new style of football where your strikers don't need to score goals.

We use inside forwards in this team if you didn't notice. Just like Man City do.

When optimal and everything is working they are supposed to share the goals between them.

I think you're stuck in the 90's where you solely rely on your number 9 for goals. We play a fluid system not a rigid system.

Yes a 15 goal a season striker is NICE, but it's not necessary for us to stay up, not in this system.

Would i swap Wesley for a striker who scores half the amount of goals but his general play is better? Yes i would, 100 %

Edited by villalad21
  • Confused 1

22 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Would i swap Wesley for a striker who scores half the amount of goals but his general play is better? Yes i would, 100 %

Below is a list of top 10 AMC/Strikers with number of assists for this season.

Exactly how much do you think we would have to spend on a player that would contribute more assists in a forward position looking at this list?

You are comparing apples with oranges and then complaining about a lack of citrus.

R   Player Apps Mins Cross Corner Throughball Freekick Throwin Other Total Rating
1   Islam Slimani Monaco, 31, FW 8 706 - - 2 - - 4 6 7.79
2   Alassane Pléa Borussia M.Gladbach, 26, AM(LR),FW 7 568 - - 1 - - 3 4 7.80
3   Alejandro Gómez Atalanta, 31, M(CL),FW 9 726 - - - - - 4 4 7.75
4   Ciro Immobile Lazio, 29, FW 9 750 - - 1 - - 3 4 7.98
5   Lorenzo Pellegrini Roma, 23, M(C) 4 335 1 1 1 - - 2 4 7.65
6   Ángel Correa Atletico Madrid, 24, AM(LR),FW 3 216 - - 1 - - 2 3 7.19
7   Francesco Caputo Sassuolo, 32, FW 5 429 1 - - - - 2 3 6.80
8   Karim Benzema Real Madrid, 31, FW 9 771 - - - - - 3 3 7.80
9   Philippe Coutinho Bayern Munich, 27, M(CLR) 5 417 - - - - - 3 3 7.83
10   Rodrigo Moreno Valencia, 28, M(CLR),FW 8 578 - - 1 - - 2 3 6.89

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

We use inside forwards in this team if you didn't notice. Just like Man City do.

When optimal and everything is working they are supposed to share the goals between them.

I think you're stuck in the 90's where you solely rely on your number 9 for goals. We play a fluid system not a rigid system.

Yes a 15 goal a season striker is NICE, but it's not necessary for us to stay up, not in this system.

I think you're stuck in cloud cuckoo land.

There are some elite teams like Liverpool (Mane - Firmino - Salah) or the old Madrid team (C. Ronaldo - Benzema - Bale) who can get away with a relatively low-scoring centre forward, and rely mainly on the inside forwards for goals.

Even in those teams, the striker is getting around 15 goals. And he's getting support on both sides from some of the most prolific inside forwards of all time. I'm not sure El Ghazi, Trezeguet and Jota are even among the best players in our own squad.

I also can't believe you've used the example of Man City, when their top scorer last season was Aguero!? How does City show that we don't need goals at centre forward?

You're absolutely right that these front-3 systems are more fluid, and the inside forwards take on more of the load, but you're 100% wrong that the striker doesn't need to contribute goals in that system. Your own examples disprove your argument.

We will not stay up with our main striker only contributing 5 goals. That isn't a 90s view of football, it's the way the game is still played.

Edited by KentVillan
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

We will not stay up with our main striker only contributing 5 goals.

Of course you can. Hourihane can probably get 5-10 goals this season. As well as Grealish, as well as McGinn, as well as El Ghazi. Luiz even have 2 goals already.

I think we are very likely to stay up even if we had a 5 goal a season striker.

5 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Of course you can. Hourihane can probably get 5-10 goals this season. As well as Grealish, as well as McGinn, as well as El Ghazi. Luiz even have 2 goals already.

I think we are very likely to stay up even if we had a 5 goal a season striker.

Yeah, that Dean Smith is doing a great job isn't he :)

Â