Keinan Davis

a-k

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

Wouldn't it be funny if our front 3 next season was green, davis and ohare :)

assuming they are good enough of course, of which there is no guarantee.

The only way that is our front 3 next year is if something has gone terribly wrong and we're in league 1 playing shrewsbury

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

The only way that is our front 3 next year is if something has gone terribly wrong and we're in league 1 playing shrewsbury

What a wrong with Shrewsbury?, lovely place im told.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

Wouldn't it be funny if our front 3 next season was green, davis and ohare :)

assuming they are good enough of course, of which there is no guarantee.

I fancy RHM in there with those 3 you mentioned, he ripped up the u23 man u squad couple days ago, good match  we totally destroyed them on every level.

If only our young lads could put in that performance at senior because they played some lovely looking football.

Edited by Dave-R

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Injured with a pelvic injury. What is up with these villa younger players always bloody injured. Davis, RHM, green, grealish. All seem to pick up long term injuries or always injured. Very frustrating 

sadly, Lightweights.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TRO said:

sadly, Lightweights.

In fairness, he's hardly that - he's our most physical striker, I think Abraham holds the ball up pretty well, but Davis just edges him on that. He's as strong a player with his back to the goal as I've seen for his age. His strength is his strength. 

It's a really shame for him this - he made an excellent breakthrough last season and since then his body just hasn't allowed him to push on - hopefully it'd just growing pains as he's the kind of player we could do with.

47 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

In fairness, he's hardly that - he's our most physical striker, I think Abraham holds the ball up pretty well, but Davis just edges him on that. He's as strong a player with his back to the goal as I've seen for his age. His strength is his strength. 

It's a really shame for him this - he made an excellent breakthrough last season and since then his body just hasn't allowed him to push on - hopefully it'd just growing pains as he's the kind of player we could do with.

You are right in one way, he does have the strength, but he doesn't have the aggression, Like Jay Rodriguez or Ashley Barnes, Have.

However, although its in the Keinan Davis thread, Demitri did say Players as in plural, and that's what I responded to, in the main.

FWIW  when I say " Lightweights" I don't refer to just size and strength.....I mean aggression, will, desire, mental strength as well as physical its a number of factors for me that constitute " Lightweight" 

I see some of our players like Keinan and I think they need dedicated Training and coaching, like Jack had, fitness permitting.

Edited by TRO

18 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Yep he has very rarely played for us in the las5 twelve months. Very frustrating 

• 3 weeks later...

Really hope he gets more chances, as much as i like Kodjia i think not being first choice and played out of position, plus injury has killed his Mojo.

Keinan has physical presence and can really upset defences, no idea if his finishing has improved but he deserves some pitch time to find out.

Edited by VillanousOne

32 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

Really hope he gets more chances, as much as i like Kodjia i think not being first choice and played out of position, plus playing out of position has killed his Mojo.

Keinan has physical presence and can really upset defences, no idea if his finishing has improved but he deserves some pitch time to find out.

I really think Davis can be class for us, I thought that last season when he showed some real talent, but of course still needs to develop and improve.

If smith can develop him I can see him being our main striker next season or the season after.

Btw I'm not getting carried away and thinking he's a world beater etc, but the lad does have talent no doubt about that.

I just hope he can fulfill the promise at Villa.

I like him, a lot. Proper team player, not going to set the world on fire but has the right attitude and can bring others into the game very well. With the threat we have from midfield, I'd much rather he was playing than Kodja. 

• Like 1

Â