Keinan Davis

a-k

14 minutes ago, meregreen said:

Not a goal scorer. If we’re serious about getting out of this division, then we probably need to find another Tammy. This guy isn’t it.

You could have said the same before he came into the team last year—yet with him playing we were had our best period more or less for the season. We functioned as a team and, with his hold up play, other players were able to flourish more. He was a big part of our hitting promotion form. For me he is the best of the three we have available—I'd keep Kodjia going as he is now, playing wide. I'd also try to sell Hogan and get someone else in.

If we get someone to play at the base of the midfield and sort out the defence then the onus on getting more goals than the opposition will hopefully be replaced by more solid overall play. I think it was Preston or QPR where a better DM should have stopped both goals for example.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, praisedmambo said:

You could have said the same before he came into the team last year—yet with him playing we were had our best period more or less for the season. We functioned as a team and, with his hold up play, other players were able to flourish more. He was a big part of our hitting promotion form. For me he is the best of the three we have available—I'd keep Kodjia going as he is now, playing wide. I'd also try to sell Hogan and get someone else in.

If we get someone to play at the base of the midfield and sort out the defence then the onus on getting more goals than the opposition will hopefully be replaced by more solid overall play. I think it was Preston or QPR where a better DM should have stopped both goals for example.

I agree with all your sentiments regarding midfield and defence. But a centre forward who can lead the line and also score a good number of goals is also I believe essential to maintain any promotion push. Davies is not able,nor I believe ever will be able to score enough goals. 

Edited by meregreen
  • Like 1

On Saturday he should’ve started with O’Hare playing off him. 

He looks hungry to succeed. I think he can do the hold up play well and does try to beat a man (sometimes it does look as if he doesn’t know how he beats them). Goalscoring may be lacking but with a fit Jack, McGinn and a couple of the wingers running off him he may be able to capitalise. 

Hopefully he kicks on now. Scoring for the youth team will hopefully give some confidence 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, meregreen said:

I agree with all your sentiments regarding midfield and defence. But a centre forward who can lead the line and also score a good number of goals is also I believe essential to maintain any promotion push. Davies is not able,nor I believe ever will be able to score enough goals. 

I would give him another try, under this regime....nothing to lose.

• Like 1

Do you know looking at our U23s this morning, you can see that there teams defence looks better than our first teams defence. They look more gelled together and don't seem scared to get the tackles in. I would seriously get some of them in more permenent, this season is gone in my eyes. Lets use this time we have for half a season to get some much needed reinforcements bonded in our team from U23s, make the changes and not rely on loans.

Guarenteed we mite lose alot but we shouldn't go down now from it. If we play some of the U23s now, next season those u23s will have a hell of alot more experience and be wise to the championship. Who knows we mite even be lucky and start winning with them in our team more earlyier than expected, but we won't know if we don't try. I just feel like our youth is the future, yet we are relying on loans which does my bloody head in because it's not working for us as a club and it's costing a fortune. Yes I know we are relying on Tammy Abraham goals, but that's just it it's pretty much one man army he's been with some decent support off a few other players who clearly stick out (We all know who they are). I'd much rather get see our club back to either signing permenents and relying on our youth again..

After seeing RHMs strike,  that lad has some talent, his turn speed is unbelievable at times and can apply power and accuracy on his shots, is throw him in front of kodji and Hogan ..

Edited by Dave-R

I think it was against Norwich last season he looked the real deal. He's had rotten luck with injuries but if he stays fit he can have a big impact. There are times when you need a proper presence up top in the Championship and Davis is the only striker we have that fits that bill. 

RHM scored last night against United too. Could he be an option on the wing if Kodija is going to be more central when Tammy leaves? He has great pace and has shown he can dribble. With some work on end product, he could be very useful. 

50 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Do you know looking at our U23s this morning, you can see that there teams defence looks better than our first teams defence. They look more gelled together and don't seem scared to get the tackles in. I would seriously get some of them in more permenent, this season is gone in my eyes. Lets use this time we have for half a season to get some much needed reinforcements bonded in our team from U23s, make the changes and not rely on loans.

Guarenteed we mite lose alot but we shouldn't go down now from it. If we play some of the U23s now, next season those u23s will have a hell of alot more experience and be wise to the championship. Who knows we mite even be lucky and start winning with them in our team more earlyier than expected, but we won't know if we don't try. I just feel like our youth is the future, yet we are relying on loans which does my bloody head in because it's not working for us as a club and it's costing a fortune. Yes I know we are relying on Tammy Abraham goals, but that's just it it's pretty much one man army he's been with some decent support off a few other players who clearly stick out (We all know who they are). I'd much rather get see our club back to either signing permenents and relying on our youth again..

After seeing RHMs strike,  that lad has some talent, his turn speed is unbelievable at times and can apply power and accuracy on his shots, is throw him in front of kodji and Hogan ..

The major problem mate is U23 is pretty much useless to assess whether someone is ready for first team football or for comparison to the first team.

Unfortunately the performance level of U23 vs senior level is literally a galaxy apart.

3 hours ago, MaVilla said:

The major problem mate is U23 is pretty much useless to assess whether someone is ready for first team football or for comparison to the first team.

Unfortunately the performance level of U23 vs senior level is literally a galaxy apart.

I understand the galaxy apart bit, I really do,  it unless we start throwing them in whether they do crap or go out and win, we are not going to know.

That is why we have to stop this loan business for there sake as much as our team/club. They won't never breakthrough, mite as well dump the lot of them out on loan if we can't change that, first team experience is what they need and not just for a game here and there.. 

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

I understand the galaxy apart bit, I really do,  it unless we start throwing them in whether they do crap or go out and win, we are not going to know.

That is why we have to stop this loan business for there sake as much as our team/club. They won't never breakthrough, mite as well dump the lot of them out on loan if we can't change that, first team experience is what they need and not just for a game here and there.. 

I agree, when they get to a certain level of ability we need to decide whether th send them on loan to develop further or look to try them on the subs bench.

5 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Its the physicality, which is the main difference....you can only really learn how to deal with that in a first team, environment.

The liverpool lad Hoever was an interesting case at 16, playing CB....you could see moments in the game when he was struggling and other moments he was learning.

Edited by TRO

On 08/01/2019 at 12:48, Dave-R said:

This , if their not going to get a decent run then loan them out to gain experience. Tammy is an example of what loan deals can and should do for players and their holding club. 

Wouldn't it be funny if our front 3 next season was green, davis and ohare :)

assuming they are good enough of course, of which there is no guarantee.

Edited by MaVilla

Â