Keinan Davis

a-k

I think Dean would let him go in the summer, Davis is limited.  Great strength and holding up but lacks a goal scoring instinct. I don’t think he’ll fit in with Dean’s system or is good enough for what we need upfront.  Back up or throw on to lob balls up front but never (for me) a regular starter.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I think Dean would let him go in the summer, Davis is limited.  Great strength and holding up but lacks a goal scoring instinct. I don’t think he’ll fit in with Dean’s system or is good enough for what we need upfront.  Back up or throw on to lob balls up front but never (for me) a regular starter.

I'm not sure about that, I agree he doesn't have the killer instinct in front of goal yet, but hopefully he can develop that.

In terms of on the ball, I saw him a few times last season and was really impressed how good he was in terms of intricate little passes and moving with the ball, I think he would suit a DS style really well, unless I was imagining what I saw.

Edited by MaVilla

9 minutes ago, Thug said:

Nobody should have their ability judged under a SB system.  It's really unfair.

Yes, that includes Hogan.

it certainly seems that way.

On 03/12/2018 at 09:17, AvfcRigo82 said:

I am not sure about anything to be involved with DS style of play but more so I just think he is going to be another one of ours that does not make the cut.

i don't think he will be thrown in the canal either.😀

Edited by TRO

He was really good last year. I'd go as far as to say if it wasn't for him and his early season form, we wouldn't even be in promotion contention. Literally dragged that Steve Bruce team into scoring goals and winning games. Would love to see him progress under Smith.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nigel said:

Unlucky there Mr Snodgrass!

Ok, nobody should have their ability judged solely under a SB system.

To be fair under any single manager’s system.

Look at Pogba.  Looked incrdible at Juve. Looked incredible for France at the World Cup, but completely different under Maurinho.

Different styles suit different players.

To come from Biggleswade Town to scoring for us in The Championship last season is a great achievement. He has a lot of attributes like his hold up play and bringing others in to play. His finishing is more than decent but it probably needs work, he will learn from the other strikers and develop that killer instinct, I think he is perhaps ‘too nice’. He will improve over time, it’s worth remembering that he is still only 20 years old, the sky is the limit for him in my opinion 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

To come from Biggleswade Town to scoring for us in The Championship last season is a great achievement. He has a lot of attributes like his hold up play and bringing others in to play. His finishing is more than decent but it probably needs work, he will learn from the other strikers and develop that killer instinct, I think he is perhaps ‘too nice’. He will improve over time, it’s worth remembering that he is still only 20 years old, the sky is the limit for him in my opinion 

SGC I value your opinion on the youth team as I am aware your the 'expert' on this topic and at least see the u23 games. When I was younger, a kid was generally a teenager and much more recently media outlets throw a tag of 'wonderkid' on to even 24 year old's. Is there anyone in the Villa Academy at a much younger age like maybe 18 who could be close to ready? I just feel by now if 20 years old's were good enough they would be slotted into the first team. 

For purely comparison purposes for age v talent and not suggesting this is the norm. Christian Pulisic has just turned 20 and is very good, Mbappe is 19, Sancho is 18, Donnarumma is 19, Matthijs de Ligt is 19, Justin Kluivert is 19 and a plethora of Liverpool's young players.

Are any of our young players ready or will they be pushed even further down the pecking order by players we will purchase just because they aren't good enough and may never be.

Edited by Merson08

• 5 weeks later...

Some nice touches today - would like to see him get some minutes if Abraham goes. I am not sure he’ll make the grade but I think he has the potential to be a good player versus me just being frustrated with Kodjia and Hogan...

I thought he did more in 15 minutes than Hogan did in his 75 minutes. 

Looked like he could hold the ball up and bring others in.  Powerful in the air. 

I would like to see him ahead of Hogan but don't see him replacing Abraham. 

Â