Keinan Davis

a-k

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Word on the street is the fitness staff were fuming with Steve Bruce's handling of his injury last season, constantly playing him when struggling,  and he should have had an operation a long time ago.

have they sold BMH?

They'll put someones windows through the force they kick a ball.?

• Haha 1

On 12/08/2018 at 20:52, OutByEaster? said:

I think Kodjia's best days may be behind him - he's still a very decent striker at this level though. 

Personally I think Davis is our best option up front from the group we currently have - his ability to bring others into play would work really well with McGinn and Grealish - I think that could be something that would be very difficult to defend. 

i agree in one way....but his ball control and movement needs to be snappier/sharper.

pity we couldn't create a hybrid of the two.

Edited by TRO

1 hour ago, TRO said:

i agree in one way....but his ball control and movement needs to be snappier/sharper.

pity we couldn't create a hybrid of the two.

I don't feel he will ever be a 20+ striker - however I firmly believe he will have a role to play and will most likely go on to have a good career albeit most Likely at this level.

34 minutes ago, Dave J said:

I don't feel he will ever be a 20+ striker - however I firmly believe he will have a role to play and will most likely go on to have a good career albeit most Likely at this level.

Yeah, I think he might possibly be sent out on loan at some stage this season or next.

4 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Word on the street is the fitness staff were fuming with Steve Bruce's handling of his injury last season, constantly playing him when struggling,  and he should have had an operation a long time ago.

Really ? - I don't remember him being in the team constantly last season ? - From memory he played a few games where he looked really good, got faded, got dropped and only appeared very occasionally after that

24 minutes ago, hippo said:

Really ? - I don't remember him being in the team constantly last season ? - From memory he played a few games where he looked really good, got faded, got dropped and only appeared very occasionally after that

Hogan was the only forward we had last season that played more games than him

• 3 weeks later...

Apparently one of the sunday newspapers are reporting that Chelsea could be considering recalling Abraham in January. Now, if there was any truth in that does anybody think we could try and mould Keinan into a similar sort of player to Tammy?

3 minutes ago, daggy_333 said:

Apparently one of the sunday newspapers are reporting that Chelsea could be considering recalling Abraham in January. Now, if there was any truth in that does anybody think we could try and mould Keinan into a similar sort of player to Tammy?

Not fast enough to be an adequate option this season, no.

In the long term it would be something to aim for, sure.

If Abraham is recalled we need to bring ij someone new IMO. Hopefully it wont come to that.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, daggy_333 said:

I was very impressed with Davis when he had a run in the team last season, he seemed to have issues finishing chances but his all round play looked really good.

Kinda like a mini abraham :), as in he is appears a good technical player nut should probably convert more of their chances:)

So Really, yes I think he could be a similar player, not on Abrahams level cure rly but I do think he has potential.

Not a direct replacement though ofc.

2 minutes ago, sne said:

Not fast enough to be an adequate option this season, no.

In the long term it would be something to aim for, sure.

If Abraham is recalled we need to bring ij someone new IMO. Hopefully it wont come to that.

I like Keinan and i think with proper coaching he could be a real asset, he's a big strong lad. I don't think Tammy relies too much on his pace which is why i think we could try and make Keinan into a similar sort of player. Like you say though hopefully Chelsea won't recall him!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, daggy_333 said:

Link? Or do we know which paper? Can't see them needing him or him wanting to go back just yet with no guarantee of games. 

Just now, MaVilla said:

How would you describe Davis as a player?

Target man, whose main assets are his height and strength. He's good at holding the ball and playing others in, as well as being a goal threat. 

Abraham is faster, and much more technical - he's very comfy with the ball at his feet and can beat men pretty easily.  If it weren't for his height, he'd probably be playing as a wing-forward cutting inside, which is apparently his favoured position.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

How would you describe Davis as a player?

For me, he's a young player with real potential who has yet to quite make his full breakthrough. He looks more of a target man than a regular goal scorer. More Heskey than Shearer like perhaps.

11 minutes ago, John said:

Link? Or do we know which paper? Can't see them needing him or him wanting to go back just yet with no guarantee of games. 

Aston Villa are starting to fear that Chelsea will recall Tammy Abraham during the January transfer window. [sunday people] #avfc

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, daggy_333 said:

Aston Villa are starting to fear that Chelsea will recall Tammy Abraham during the January transfer window. [sunday people] #avfc

So they even have a recall option?

I have heard multiple stores from we paid a fee so they can't, or there just isn't a clause, there is a clause, or we have a bit option and they can't.

How confusing :)

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Davis is nothing like Abraham. Very different players. 

I don't know about that. Abraham of course is lightyears ahead of him though.

Saying that, I think Davis actually quite a skillful player, thought it from the first day I saw him.
It's a real shame he was used as a FOOKING battering ram by the previous manager because whilst his finishing is not great, he is a good footballer.

• Like 1

I think he would thrive in this system ,  he can pick a pass good hold up play, I saw him dribble through oppenets last season , good close control, he would get more opportunities in front of goal in our current system , he was handled terribly by Bruce  as was Hogan , Lansbury  , El Ghazi forzen out with no way back in must have hammered his confidence to play a run of games then not get a look in, look how inclusive DS is I always though of Bruce as a good man manager but truth is he is terrible . The soft spoken nice guy is bit of a front , Smith is more what you see is what you get by the looks of it

Â