Keinan Davis

a-k

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know when he's due back?

With the team we've currently got he'd be my first choice striker for sure.

Having Green, McGinn, Grealish, Hourihane and Adomah playing off him could be magical imo. I think we'd look a much better side having someone at the top being able to hold the ball and bring others into play.

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Anyone know when he's due back?

With the team we've currently got he'd be my first choice striker for sure.

Having Green, McGinn, Grealish, Hourihane and Adomah playing off him could be magical imo. I think we'd look a much better side having someone at the top being able to hold the ball and bring others into play.

Last season his presence certainly brought the midfield more into game. Another commodity that i think we lack, and also think is a massive attribute at this level is pace, so i would be happy to see either Davies or RHM lead the line.

When you consider that we have spent about a gazillion pound on strikers since relegation, I'm not sure if I'm happy or sad to suggest our best option up front is one of two guys from the academy. 

Edited by av1

4 minutes ago, av1 said:

Last season his presence certainly brought the midfield more into game. Another commodity that i think we lack, and also think is a massive attribute at this level is pace, so i would be happy to see either Davies or RHM lead the line.

When you consider that we have spent about a gazillion pound on strikers since relegation, I'm not sure if I'm happy or sad to suggest our best option up front is one of two guys from the academy. 

well c 45 million on 3 players for various reasons that are not delivering is pretty disappointing.

Perhaps uncle Jorge can find us something.

I think you are right the midfield have a bit of a task when the central striker can't hold it up.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, av1 said:

Really ?

Poor as Kjodia was yesterday - I think it is more likley that he finds some form and goals than either RHM or Davis tbh. He has previous for goals - RHM and Davis at first team level don't.   Pretty sure we will bring a striker on loan in any case - I would then expect Kjodia, Davis & RHM to be fringe players ..in that order.

I think Kodjia's best days may be behind him - he's still a very decent striker at this level though. 

Personally I think Davis is our best option up front from the group we currently have - his ability to bring others into play would work really well with McGinn and Grealish - I think that could be something that would be very difficult to defend. 

• Like 2

Really want to see him reintegrated in the first team asap.

Another year older and experienced should make him a better player too, but he needs first team footy to kick on.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

any news on him?, injured?, playing?

From what I saw of him he would suit DS, capable player who just needs to work on his finishing?

Was always impressed with his passing and interchange, as well as pace and strength.

Edited by MaVilla

37 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

any news on him?, injured?, playing?

From what I saw of him he would suit DS, capable player who just needs to work on his finishing?

Was always impressed with his passing and interchange, as well as pace and strength.

Back in training according to Smith int he pre match Derby interview. Be very interesting to see Smith's impact on the academy products.

2 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Word on the street is the fitness staff were fuming with Steve Bruce's handling of his injury last season, constantly playing him when struggling,  and he should have had an operation a long time ago.

He had his operation then?

10 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

He had his operation then?

I haven't read anything but Dean Smith said in his post match a few weeks ago he was "recovering from his operation"

Whether that is accurate or he has false information based on what has happened before he got here I don't know.

14 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I haven't read anything but Dean Smith said in his post match a few weeks ago he was "recovering from his operation"

Whether that is accurate or he has false information based on what has happened before he got here I don't know.

Sky reported before the Derby game that he was recovering from an operation. But they said it was on his hip.

Â