Keinan Davis

a-k

3 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

It was really bizarre, Lansbury was basically playing Whelan's role when we had the ball whilst Whelan was playing Whelan's role too. Really poor stuff.

So I wasnt the only one who noticed this. Whelan is dreadful when he gets into the final 3rd, he shouldnt be that far advanced ever! He should be the DM only. Lansbury is crap as a defensive/holding player. we saw at leeds how dangerous he can be when he gets forwrad. for some reason he was back to negative mode. Poor from Bruce there

I didnt think lansbury had a bad game mind you but his role in that game was bizarre.  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

He is getting no help. We need to be on the front foot or Davis is just hung out to dry.

Davis is not the first being hung out to dry by Bruce.

Bad man management of him will mean loss of confidence and burn-out leading to injury while being continually played isolated.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

Davis is not the first being hung out to dry by Bruce.

Bad man management of him will mean loss of confidence and burn-out leading to injury while being continually played isolated.

Bruce showing his faith in  a young lad is putting him out to dry???

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

talk to me in a few games time when he either breaks down injured or is dropped because he‘s no longer effective in his play

Just now, Grasshopper said:

talk to me in a few games time when he either breaks down injured or is dropped because he‘s no longer effective in his play

Tell me who has Bruce suppose to play up top? Hogan has just come back everyone else is injured so you can't really blame him for that 

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Tell me who has Bruce suppose to play up top? Hogan has just come back everyone else is injured so you can't really blame him for that 

I‘m NOT talking about playing him or not

I‘m talking about HOW he is played

34 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

I‘m NOT talking about playing him or not

I‘m talking about HOW he is played

Ok tell me how you would play him any different to how bruce is? As i think bruce is having to use him this way due to the lack of options up top?

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Ok tell me how you would play him any different to how bruce is? As i think bruce is having to use him this way due to the lack of options up top?

play football not Bruce-Ball

get players supporting him

lessen his workload

(surprised that I needed to explain that to you as I think you are a consistantly good poster even if I dont agree with you sometimes)

18 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

play football not Bruce-Ball

get players supporting him

lessen his workload

(surprised that I needed to explain that to you as I think you are a consistantly good poster even if I dont agree with you sometimes)

Thanks for the half compliment  :mrgreen:

I do think if Bruce had more options for strikers Davis would be playing a little less as the "main target man striker to score"  as davis's finishing is dreadful. i think players should be supporting but sometimes i find hourihane go missing in games. like i said iin a different post it was a bit of a mess on Saturday. Lansbury was playing deep and whelan was going more attacking. Was the manager instructing that? I am not so sure as whelan is dreadful when he gets near the opposition box. .

with the workload thats again down to limited options. hopefully now players are coming back might reduce that. but davis himself needs to work his game. his finishing has been shocking lately and his first touch has been pathetic at times. Cant keep blaming fatigue for this, i mean he had had a 8 day rest if your still tired after 8 days your never going to make it to top levels of football 

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Thanks for the half compliment  :mrgreen:  

my pleasure

Disagreeing with someone does not mean you dont respect their opinion.

I do think if Bruce had more options for strikers Davis would be playing a little less as the "main target man striker to score"  as davis's finishing is dreadful. i think players should be supporting but sometimes i find hourihane go missing in games. like i said iin a different post it was a bit of a mess on Saturday. Lansbury was playing deep and whelan was going more attacking. Was the manager instructing that? I am not so sure as whelan is dreadful when he gets near the opposition box. .  

This is typical for me and what I most despise about how Bruce sets us up.

with the workload thats again down to limited options.

I have to disagree here

If all Davis is doing is chasing and trying to hold up play till he gets support then he‘ll get both tired and de-motivated when we dont become successful through his efforts

If our overall play dictated that he was „involved“ in play that was continually creating chances for both him and supporting players, he would be clearly motivated and be driven by adrenaline.

Theres the difference

hopefully now players are coming back might reduce that. but davis himself needs to work his game. his finishing has been shocking lately and his first touch has been pathetic at times. Cant keep blaming fatigue for this, i mean he had had a 8 day rest if your still tired after 8 days your never going to make it to top levels of football 

I mostly work with people at least 10 years younger than me. It is very rare that I‘m not the „last one standing“ simply because My experience is drawn upon to pace myself for a 10/12 hour working day. Davis needs the games and experience to pace himself, regardless of how young or fit he is, we can not expect him to be a seasoned pro before 20yrs

in before the vultures

#humblebrag

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Yep, don't you get it?

Bruce doesn't play a youngster and he's showing no faith in our youth and lacking balls to play youth players.

Bruce DOES play a youngster and he's hanging him out to dry.

Keep up, Dem!

• Haha 1

Davis' biggest issue is he doesn't run off the ball. Davis just expects to get balls into his chest, and nothing else. So often a midfielder will have the ball and see Davis simply standing next to the defender. Davis you have to make runs. Try to get behind your defender, or show for a 1-2 pass. He rarely does this so we are forced to push the ball wide, or kick it deep. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Czechlad said:

Davis' biggest issue is he doesn't run off the ball. Davis just expects to get balls into his chest, and nothing else. So often a midfielder will have the ball and see Davis simply standing next to the defender. Davis you have to make runs. Try to get behind your defender, or show for a 1-2 pass. He rarely does this so we are forced to push the ball wide, or kick it deep. 

I know, he is learning, but he makes hard work for himself

I find it hard to write this because he has worked so hard, but he needs to work smart.

If he stayed on the shoulder of the last defender, if he turned him he would be through on goal.....He would ease the pressure on himself.

instead he plays deep and gets crowded out.

He could be playing to orders in which case....my point is pointless.

ps the whole team works hard, but not intelligently......they work hard in the wrong way.

3 hours ago, TRO said:

I know, he is learning, but he makes hard work for himself

I find it hard to write this because he has worked so hard, but he needs to work smart.

If he stayed on the shoulder of the last defender, if he turned him he would be through on goal.....He would ease the pressure on himself.

instead he plays deep and gets crowded out.

He could be playing to orders in which case....my point is pointless.

ps the whole team works hard, but not intelligently......they work hard in the wrong way.

Been saying it for a while, against Norwich he was rolling defenders, getting in behind and giving them something to think about. Think he had more shots in that game than he has had all month.

He is making it was too easy for defenders, giving them nothing to think about.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I met him last week through work. Lets put it this way, if his personality transfers over to his footballing skills, no wonder he is lazy. Needed some information from him, all I got were a grumbled few words while he was playing on his phone. Saw this guy in a completely different light. I guess he's got some skills, but as I have witnessed he came across pretty arrogant and I think that also shows on the pitch.

Â