Keinan Davis

a-k

Looks tired, but he has had to play too many periods of games where he had to chase the ball around, make runs down the channel, and then hold up the ball with 3 opposition players draped all over him.

We need to make sure that the midfield get round him quicker to give him that support.

• Like 1

Ok he was far from great but he will not have to face defenders of the calibre of Jansson every week and I thought he gave as good as he got in that regard. 

He's learning on the job and it's fun watching him do that at the moment.

14 hours ago, omariqy said:

He is knackered and came up against a physical defender who is experienced. Will have his off days. Unfortunately he is our only option right now.

Yep.

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

Yes, the bottom line is he's the only fit striker in the squad. What else can we do? 

quite.

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think Grealish would help him - he can share the weight of holding the ball up and allow more support to get to Keinan.

I agree. I think Grealish might make him and/or Hogan a few goals on last night's evidence.

Poor lad

I hope it doesnt break him.

He needs help. Support from whoever is playing from :

Snod, Elmo, Onomah (also a young un) Hourihane, Lansbury, O‘Hare (also young) Grealish and Adomah

^ are we spoilt for choice or what?

A big tweek in tactics would help him too. Us having the ball in the oppositions half for long periods of the game would consequentially give him less ground to cover and more support. A goal or 2 and assists would also get the adrenaline pulling him through 90mins+ every few days untill we can get RHM fit, Hogan too, McC back or buy/loan in a Brute.

How long is Kodjia out for? I have the feeling that the injury on injury on injury might take its toll on him resulting in him needing even more game-time before he gets on fire.

Davis till the end of the season as lone-striker simply wont work out.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Grasshopper said:

Poor lad

I hope it doesnt break him.

He needs help. Support from whoever is playing from :

Snod, Elmo, Onomah (also a young un) Hourihane, Lansbury, O‘Hare (also young) Grealish and Adomah

^ are we spoilt for choice or what?

A big tweek in tactics would help him too. Us having the ball in the oppositions half for long periods of the game would consequentially give him less ground to cover and more support. A goal or 2 and assists would also get the adrenaline pulling him through 90mins+ every few days untill we can get RHM fit, Hogan too, McC back or buy/loan in a Brute.

How long is Kodjia out for? I have the feeling that the injury on injury on injury might take its toll on him resulting in him needing even more game-time before he gets on fire.

Davis till the end of the season as lone-striker simply wont work out.

GH its a combination of problems.....I am not disagreeing with you that he needs help...but equally he has gone off the boil somewhat.

That is an observation not a criticism.

He is currently being battered up front and holding the ball up for the team.....but we need movement and composure up front......the lad is still learning and is being stifiled by 6'4 goliaths .

like you, i hope we don't ruin him.....but i don't know what the alternative is until Jan.

2 hours ago, TRO said:

GH its a combination of problems.....I am not disagreeing with you that he needs help...but equally he has gone off the boil somewhat.

That is an observation not a criticism.

He is currently being battered up front and holding the ball up for the team.....but we need movement and composure up front......the lad is still learning and is being stifiled by 6'4 goliaths .

like you, i hope we don't ruin him.....but i don't know what the alternative is until Jan.

Couldn't agree more mate. I'm not going criticise him because he is a young boy with lots to learn and I've got no doubt he will have a great future in the game. But as a young man inconsistency is obviously gogoing to be a issue in the short term and i think its both unfair and unwise to rely on the kid to score the goals to get us promoted. His style of play makes us a better team, and i think its imperative we sign a striker in January (preferably an experienced one) with the same attributes to share the responsibility and give the kid a rest. 

On 12/1/2017 at 20:48, DCJonah said:

Isolated but really not holding the ball up. 

I think he is starting to struggle to do that.....He needs goals in order for them to be that bit afraid to get too close.....he is being battered at present.

referree's in this league are not much support either, its just short of cage fighting.

I feel for the lad.

I really don't get why McKirdy can't get a look in? How is putting Elmo or Onomah at striker better than having an actual striker up there? You don't even have to give him a whole lot of time. Davis can make it to the 75th or even the 80th minute, but a full 90 for him is like playing down a man. 

• Like 2

Think he needs to be dropped asap, give the kid a break. Won't be too harsh on him just yet, but he really needs to add goals to his game. Can we play with Hogan as a lone striker and start playing it on the floor? Don't think Bruce has the nous to do this 

Edited by supermon

Â