Keinan Davis

a-k

15 minutes ago, Xela said:

As other have said, Davis makes us a a better team even if he isn't playing well. 

Since he started the Norwich game, which was 19th August, the league table looks like this (doesn't include the Sheff Utd result earlier today) . I think it shows that we are best with a 'big man' up front and this is how we should line up for the rest of the season

Pos Team P   W D L GF GA   W D L GF GA   GD Pts
1 Wolverhampton Wanderers 16   7 1 1 23 10   4 1 2 11 5   19 35
2 Aston Villa 16   6 2 1 14 7   4 2 1 12 4   15 34
3 Sheffield United 15   6 0 2 17 9   5 0 2 13 8   13 33
4 Bristol City 16   3 3 2 10 8   5 3 0 14 7   9 30
5 Derby County 15   4 1 1 14 5   4 3 2 13 12   10 28
6 Cardiff City 15   4 3 0 11 4   4 1 3 8 9   6 28

Is this the matrix ?

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yep I don't disagree with that bit (today certainly wasn't an off day)

What I disagree with is that he works best with a partner. 

The formation we played today is our best formation and Davis has been key to that this season. His ability to hold the ball up and bring the attacking midfielders into the game is why we have a winger who scores nearly every week.

I don't like us playing 4-4-2 and I hope as strikers regain fitness Bruce isn't tempted into trying it again (beyond times when it's required tactically of course)

I know what you mean and I would agree more if our central midfielders were making runs off him more consistently. I feel like Adomah has mainly benefited from running onto through balls rather than Davis' hold up play but regardless, I think we can both agree we could do with a striker or two getting fit sharpish.

2 hours ago, jackbauer24 said:

I definitely see that, I even commented as much but I don't see much else about him.

This is not me slagging him off at all but I'm just reacting to the hype around the player as I don't understand it. He's been linked with massive Premier League teams etc yet he's very very limited. I don't see an exceptional Championship striker, never mind even a average Premier League one. Can you afford to have a big target man who doesn't score goals? I'm not looking at him scoring 30+ or anything,  just 10 to 20 in a season and I don't think he's capable of that.

But, like I've said, I'm relatively happy for the job he's done/doing for us but I just don't get the hype. 

Couple of my friends are scouts and 2 of them work for Man Utd scouring England and Europe for talent. They rate him very much and  last time i saw them few weeks ago they had chance to see what he was like and rate him highly! I was talking to them after Norwich match about how well Davis played and they hadn't heard of him at that point but went away and had a look.

He is going to the top hopefully with Villa! Love to see what he can do in Premiership. We have such a talent on our hands and hopefully we can find a few more like Davis.

Edited by Villan4Life

6 minutes ago, dounavilla said:

I hold you personally responsible for his future transfer out of Villa. 

haha  mate i want him to stay i love the kid!! I just got my qualifications and made good friends that speak regularly some scouts that work at couple of big clubs and become good friends with them! Nothing to do with me  if these clubs are interested as i am a nobody.

I met Tony Coton our head scout at Leicester vs Brighton when i was doing report for Barnet FC. Tony was watching someone (i didn't ask who as nothing to do with me) and speak to him when i can on Linkedin.

I know all these guys think that Keinan is a talent.

Edited by Villan4Life

59 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I disagree. I think there have been a couple of games where he's been pretty pants. Sunderland in the week for example.

I'm not criticising him. He's young and inexperienced, so of course he's going to be inconsistent.

When he's good he's very very good.

Disagree with what? Someone said he’d been poor every game since he’d since his contract? I pointed out he was very good when we played QPR which is since he’s signed his contract.

agreed he’s inconsistent and that’s expected from young player 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

haha  mate i want him to stay i love the kid!! I just got my qualifications and made good friends that speak regularly some scouts that work at couple of big clubs and become good friends with them! Nothing to do with me  if these clubs are interested as i am a nobody.

I met Tony Coton our head scout at Leicester vs Brighton when i was doing report for Barnet FC. Tony was watching someone (i didn't ask who as nothing to do with me) and speak to him when i can on Linkedin.

I know all these guys think that Keinan is a talent.

You could always recommend that youth player ; Mr M Richards I believe his name is

Would make a terrific signing for someone.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, dounavilla said:

You could always recommend that youth player ; Mr M Richards I believe his name is

Would make a terrific signing for someone.

I've never rated him Micah Richards mate!! i was devastated when we signed him and also McCormack!! as their attitude at previous clubs stank and that's a massive no, no when recruiting players but Villa never seem to learn in that respect.

I spoke to the guys at Man Utd re: Ravel Morrison as i wanted to hear what they thought to a young talent like that, that was sold on due to various reasons (As they watched him from 6 years old to when he left for West Ham) as i know a lot of people on here wanted to see him come last summer/summer before. definitely wouldn't touch with a bargepole as another chap that trained him from 12-16 age group at Man Utd said his attitude always stank but he has potential to be the best player ever they was really upset when i asked them i could tell as they felt when younger he was going all the way!! guy i know at Blues said when they had him on trial in summer he used to prat when he was meant to be trying to win a contract. Hence why not always a good idea go for players like that!! Obviously there is flaws in Davis game and will never have as much talent as Ravel Morrison.

But he hits the other 3 corner models that clubs look for Football 4 corner model in Psychological (Released by Stevenage and wants to be a top player), Physical (Strength and muscle build), Social (Quiet lad but heard lately he is more vocal) those 3 things outway say Morrison's 1 which was Talent/Technical. Morrison fails on the other 3.

Hence why i would rather see young players like Davis than Morrison and hope we find some more diamonds like Davis. At 19 and showing signs of being our best prospect in years i am staggered to see people say "They Just Don't Get It With Him" He is showing signs of getting better at everything each passing game i don't think he will ever be a natural scorer but needs more games and is developing nicely and becoming a key player for us. 

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 2

It's a sad fact that because of our ridiculous striker injury crisis we have relied upon an had to play far too often a 19 year old kid. 

He's done so well and yes does need to add the goals but he's got years of experience before him to accumulate that. 

I pray his injury isn't too bad so he can keep doing what he's very unfairly had to do and in January we can acquire someone similar to him but with experience and goals to add and he can go back to where he should be which is substitute appearances whilst he learns his craft. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, roadoftrinity said:

Disagree with what? Someone said he’d been poor every game since he’d since his contract? I pointed out he was very good when we played QPR which is since he’s signed his contract.

agreed he’s inconsistent and that’s expected from young player 

Apologies.

I completely misread your post. I read it as "Apart from the QPR game, he has been excellent"

My bad.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, One For The Road said:

Looks a decent player but he really needs to add goals to his game. Holds the ball up well but lacks the killer instinct of a striker. 

Still, very pleased that we have him this season, especially with Kodjia gone.

I did wonder when you were gonna pop up in this thread :D

3 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Manager confirmed to BBCWM that he got a kick in the bollocks but will be fine for next Saturday.  

I had a feeling it was something like that when he started to jog off. Glad the lad is okay. 

11 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

First time I've seen this young man in the flesh today.

Wow, was I impressed.

Everything goes through him.  A couple if times he made the wrong run, a pass was put into his feet, but he started to run. 

His shot was textbook, hard and low, with his weaker foot.  Not really a surprise it didn't go in, but he forced a decent save. 

Nearly scored with an absolute towering header from an Albert cross, but it was just a little high for him.

What I'm REALLY impressed with is his raw power, good touch and speed.  

And that's exactly what you can't teach.

We can improve his finishing, we can help him with his movement, but you cannot teach someone his physique, speed or power.

He's going to be a very good footballer if he plays regularly and gets to about 25.

I think his potential is quite scary.

I'm not worried at all about goals, they will come with more games.

I'm genuinely excited about him. 

Whilst I agree with all of that, he is left footed. 

• Thanks 1

This lad is an amazing talent- 19 years old - strong , quick , good first touch. Will improve massively if he stays fit. 

Better hold up play than most.

Im glad he misses a few chances though. Imagine if he scored 10 goals- he'd be sold in January, if that had happened. 

This lad will be a massive part of the future of this club. A massive success. 

Â