Keinan Davis

a-k

We should be offering a contract that is linked to his performance and his development, with decent basic wage as a starter.

If he doesn't want to accept that, I guess we just have to live with it - we can't get risk getting our fingers burned again with a long a contract and big wages for a player that goes off the boil.

3 minutes ago, GeordieVillan said:

We should be offering a contract that is linked to his performance and his development, with decent basic wage as a starter.

This sounds way way too sensible to be the approach at villa. The options are give him so much money he loses all hunger for the game or let him go and watch him flourish at another club. 

5 hours ago, Farlz said:

Should probably clarify that I'm not completely writing him off. Only 19 obviously won't be perfect but I do feel he's rather over hyped. 

He looked a little Raw today for me......but that tends to happen with young players.

He has a lot to learn.

He didn't have a good game but the reliance on him was ridiculous. Shef Wed had clearly done their homework and knew majority of times we would eventually go long to him and they always crowded him out or doubled up. Actually felt a bit sorry for him. 

Imagine a team preparing for a game based on how the opposition play. Sounds ground breaking doesn't it! 

• Like 1

There was one moment where he received the ball and was immediately surrounded by four (4) Wednesday players. They had indeed done their homework, and once the ball to him became too risky, we were reduced to Hutton 'whipping' in crosses from left-back and it was game over. 

Davis didn't play well, but there's a question about how much of that was him vs how much was down to astute defending by Wednesday. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

ASTON VILLA have handed promising striker Keinan Davis a contract extension.

PUBLISHED: 16:16, Wed, Nov 15, 2017 | UPDATED: 16:16, Wed, Nov 15, 2017
  fb.png  
  tw.png  
  g-plus.png  
  m.png  
  sh.png  
  c.png  

Aston Villa news: Man Utd target Keinan Davis signs contract extensionGETTY

Aston Villa striker Keinan Davis has put pen to paper on a contract extension

The 19-year-old striker has signed a new two-and-a-half year deal to commit himself to the Villans until 2020. 

Davis has established himself as a regular in Steve Bruce's squad this term, scoring twice in the Championship. 

A host of Premier League clubs including Manchester United and Arsenal have been linked with a move for his signature. 

“It’s a great feeling to have signed a new contract,” Davis said.

“This is another milestone for me this season – I had my first start and my full league debut then an international call-up and this is another one.

“The hard work continues, now. I’ve got to keep working and reach that next milestone.”

Steve Bruce thinks Davis can reach the top of the game.

The Villa boss said: “He’s got a big future the kid, we think. 

“He’s got to improve a little bit on his finishing and he’s still got a long way to go.”

Villa skipper John Terry has also spoken about Davis in glowing terms.

The former Chelsea defender said: “He’s a nightmare to play against in training. He really is.”

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/879989/Aston-Villa-News-Keinan-Davis-Contract-EFL-Championship

Edited by tismyk
  • Like 1

Â