Keinan Davis

a-k

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Percy is usually spot on with this so i am concerned. Ffs villa pay him what he wants!

It's a tricky situation. We can't just give a youth player who has barely proven himself a huge deal. That is how we get stuck with terrible contracts. But then Davis has been pretty decent this season so far. 

• Like 1

He still has a way to go......despite his very, very encouraging start.

We have had 19 year old centre forwards before, who have pulled up trees.....Keinan will do well to emulate one of them.

i would say the club and Keinan know what they are doing.

Edited by TRO

There are many parallels to consider.....but when you can only think what Gabby is on and Micah and compare contributions to the cause.....there is only one answer.

However....its not my money.

17 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

£20k a week... is that a lot for a footballer these days? I suppose he’s young and we’re in the Championship, but I think I would just pay it. 

I think those negotiating are looking at his age and that he's only been on the scene in the first team a few months. They will likely pay up the £20k a week, but it will likely be begrudgingly as every other 18/19 year old at the club is on £2k a week. I guess in the end they don't want to get burned as he could easily stop trying once he pens a 4 year deal for 10x the money he's on now. 

15 minutes ago, Daweii said:

I think those negotiating are looking at his age and that he's only been on the scene in the first team a few months. They will likely pay up the £20k a week, but it will likely be begrudgingly as every other 18/19 year old at the club is on £2k a week. I guess in the end they don't want to get burned as he could easily stop trying once he pens a 4 year deal for 10x the money he's on now. 

Its a very significant point.....how to sustain the hunger.

2 hours ago, TRO said:

Its a very significant point.....how to sustain the hunger.

I know it doesn’t happen but it's a shame we can’t make it performance related. Bruce says he needs to score more goals, so give him a contract with payment linked to scoring more goals. Happens an awful lot in other sectors but not in football I think.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Ffs villa pay him what he wants!

No. He has had a handful of good appearances in the Championship and has not done anywhere near enough to be put on 20k+ a week. 

These things have to be a two way thing. He was let go by Stevenage not so long ago and now finds himself playing for the biggest club in the second tier and a club well in the mix for promotion back to the top flight.

I am sure we are offering him a very decent contract as we are not known as a club that scrimps on wages. He needs to sign it and continue what he is doing and he will then have a great future here and earn an absolute fortune as he is part of taking the club back to where it should be.

• Like 1

Â