Keinan Davis

a-k

4 minutes ago, sidcow said:

We play better as a team when he is on the pitch. Simple as that. 

Agree with this, he brings players into the game and keeps the possession for the team. His passing accuracy was around 85% when he went off. Massive find from Bruce (whether it was luck with Kodjia out or not), but it makes you think what sort of an impact a fit RHM could also make as he was last season touted as the next big thing from our academy.

31 minutes ago, a m ole said:

the ball just sticks to him, doesn’t it? his hold up play is top drawer

Apart from JT and Chester, he has the best pass completion ratio in the squad. Not an easy task when half the time he is getting pulled and kicked from all angles.

3 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

I kid you not, some tit behind me today actually said “he can’t even do a step over. Who is this guy”.

To which his mate replied with “some kid from the youth team”.

Mind blown. 

Did a stepover when he set up Hourihane's first against Norwich FYI.

• Haha 1

He was impeccable last night. His hold up play and ability to bring others in to play makes a complete difference to how we play. Hourihane, Onomah, Snodgrass and Adomah are much more effective with Davis in the team. 

As we saw earlier this season, Kodjia and Davis can play together too, so it’s not an either or situation for me. If we’re playing one up top, Davis gets the nod from me due to his overall game. 

I hope he can continue this and it’s not just a purple patch. 

In Bruce’s post match comments he praises Davis, but also says about improving his finishing, which Davis needs to hear, that he’s not ‘made it’ yet!

• Like 1

Every time he plays defenders can’t handle him. They’re all over him like a rash, he just needs to keep his cool because the defender will get sent off eventually if they keep wrestling him to the ground. 

When you’ve got training against Chester and Terry, real games must be a breeze. 

10 hours ago, sidcow said:

We play better as a team when he is on the pitch. Simple as that. 

10 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Much better player than Kodjia, excellent today.

My sentiments exactly. Kodjia is good, he's also selfish and slows the play down, which is not how we play. 

Davis for me at the mo

• Like 1

He's clearly not as good as an individual footballer as Kodjia.

But he brings other attackers into the game a hell of a lot more than Kodjia does. 

We'll need both of them in different situations. But it's hard to argue that we don't look better with Davis in the side at the moment.

9 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

He's clearly not as good as an individual footballer as Kodjia.

But he brings other attackers into the game a hell of a lot more than Kodjia does. 

We'll need both of them in different situations. But it's hard to argue that we don't look better with Davis in the side at the moment.

Agreed, not as good an individual footballer as Kodija, yet, but I think he has the potential to overtake him eventually. The confidence of knowing he's good because the goal chart shows it and his manager loves his contribution could take him all the way. Let's hope we keep hold of him. Also agree Kodj will still have a part to play this year.

It' a team game and he is a team player, this is why we look far better when he plays.

All well and good being a maverick who creates stuff out of nothing but the rest of the team need to be firing for that to be consistently getting us results. 

Â