Keinan Davis

a-k

11 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Just goes to show what can happen in a year. RHM spent it trying to get paid more than what he was worth and Davis spent it training hard. 

And the irony is that in other month or 2 Davis will probably be earning twice what RHM is on. 

There is so much money in the game these days that these kids should just concentrate on football, because the money will come. 

5 hours ago, av1 said:

And the irony is that in other month or 2 Davis will probably be earning twice what RHM is on. 

There is so much money in the game these days that these kids should just concentrate on football, because the money will come. 

And deservedly so.

• Like 1

The only thing that does worry me about Keinan's contract situation is that having been dropped out of football then worked his way back into our set up, through our reserves, into the first team and then into the spotlight, he might feel that there's a momentum there that should naturally take him into the Premier league - like it's a continuation of the journey from the bottom for him. 

He's important to us and it's a tricky situation - those tend to cost money; I hope we have the good sense to spend it.

I don't think we have a problem over the contract situation. We will have an offer on the table and it will be in discussion. Bruce was very straight down the line last season with RHM, no contract signed no game time, so can't imagine we'd change the approach with Davis (admittedly Davis is having more of an impact than RHM and so could be undroppable).

He was unplayable today which is why Bolton resorted to manhandling him EVERYTIME he got the ball. 

The lack of protection from the ref was shocking. 

I am convinced we would have got a goal from him or the play he would have been involved in had he been allowed to play. 

I said yesterday I felt sorry for Bolton as they are too big a club to be the whipping boys of The Championship but no more. I hope they go down with no wins. 

The cynical physical bombardment of our players and in particular Davis has no place in The Beautiful Game. Sod them, they have lost my sympathy. 

On 29/09/2017 at 21:49, dounavilla said:

He reminds me of Benteke.

Me too though currently more in the hold up play and awkwardness for defenders to deal with than goals but that will hopefully change. 

14 hours ago, Carlos_the_third said:

Agreed. Personally I think we played some of our best football over the last 10 years with Heskey in the side.

I would never argue with anyone that Heskey had a good career, nor would i argue that in his prime he was a very good player. 

But I've got to take issue with this. His time at B6 was a huge disappointment. To say he was involved in our best football in 10 years is imo way off the mark. I'd go as far as to say the signing of Heskey was a huge factor in throwing away a huge cushion when we were 4th. 

9 hours ago, av1 said:

I would never argue with anyone that Heskey had a good career, nor would i argue that in his prime he was a very good player. 

But I've got to take issue with this. His time at B6 was a huge disappointment. To say he was involved in our best football in 10 years is imo way off the mark. I'd go as far as to say the signing of Heskey was a huge factor in throwing away a huge cushion when we were 4th. 

By 'best football' I meant 'best football to watch from a purists point of view', as in he allowed us to build phases of play and play as close to 'proper football' as we have done for ages (this is obviously only my opinion of course and is very subjective, and I did use the word 'some' to indicate it wasn't necessarily the absolute best...). Yes we played some very exciting counter attacking football under MON (without Emile), and even under Lambert for a few months, but that's not quite the same as above.

I even stated further down my post that Heskey signing for us when we were third may not have been the right thing, or what we needed right then, and if the alternative was say Falcao (which it was rumoured to be at the time) then of course we may well have finished that season in the top 4 and everything could be very different right now, but the point I was getting at was that rightly or wrongly I enjoyed watching us play when we had Emile in the team, as you knew the ball would stick up front, he would bring others into play and allow us to properly build attacks. This is in contrast to what we have seen since when playing a team that sits back which is just to lump it up front without any real plan and hope for the best - obviously when benteke was here (and to a lesser extent Kodjia last season) he would often make something out of nothing from one of these hoofs forwards, but it never felt like we actually had anything planned other than to hope he did it himself. Maybe there have been other spells of good play that I'm forgetting due to having been exposed to dross for so long, but if Davis helps us to keep the ball and build attacks then it will mean I can actually enjoy watching us play, rather than enjoy watching us win, which is a very different thing and has been the case for far too long.

Davis rejects villa contract offer! :unsure:

EDIT: Would help if put story up

Click

not sure how reliable this site is but worrying if true. pay him what he wants Villa

EXCLUSIVE: ASTON VILLA TABLE STRIKER OFFER

1st October, 2017, 9:42 AM

By Richard Parks

In-demand Aston Villa striker Keinan Davis has turned down the club’s initial offer of a new contract, Football Insider sources understand.

Davis has been a revelation for Villa this season after establishing himself in Steve Bruce’s starting XI with a string of fine performances.

The 19-year-old has scored two goals in eight Championship appearances for Villa and his introduction into the first-team has coincided with an upturn in Villa’s form

opt-out-icon2.png

in-art-soundanimation-icon-41x48.gif

The likes of Manchester United, Arsenal and Everton are all interested in Davis after sending scouts to watch the player score in Villa’s recent win at Burton Albion.Villa are aware of the growing interest in Davis and have moved to try and reward the player for his progress into the first-team with a new contract, but a well-placed source has told Football Insider that the initial offer has been rejected by the player.

Villa are expected to come back with an improved contract offer in an attempt to to secure his long-term future as they would be loathe to lose their prize asset when the transfer window reopens in January.

Davis joined Villa in 2015 from non-league side Biggleswade Town after impressing in a friendly game between the two clubs.

The England Under-20 international has worked his way up from Villa’s youth sides into the first-team and his progress has not gone unnoticed among clubs higher up the football pyramid.

Edited by Demitri_C

3 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

And to think, if Bruce had had his way Peter Crouch would be playing instead of Davis.....

And at the time no one would have thought it anything other than a good signing other than the usual moans about his age. 

And he would have been a good signing too.  He scored in The Premier League yesterday. 

He would have brought the same kind of hold up play we are now enjoying. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

It's interesting that we didn't tie up his contract over the summer given he was going to have some level of involvement this season, it's not as though he would have been a total mug in training. The club have been a bit stupid on this one. If even half of the reported interest is true then at best he will sign a new deal but a much more lucrative one than what we could have got away with had we been a bit more forward thinking. 

1 minute ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

It's interesting that we didn't tie up his contract over the summer given he was going to have some level of involvement this season, it's not as though he would have been a total mug in training. The club have been a bit stupid on this one. If even half of the reported interest is true then at best he will sign a new deal but a much more lucrative one than what we could have got away with had we been a bit more forward thinking. 

Forward thinking, Villa, ha that's a good one :)

I agree by the way, but I'm confident he will sign (albeit for a lot more money)

1 minute ago, TrentVilla said:

Forward thinking, Villa, ha that's a good one :)

I agree by the way, but I'm confident he will sign (albeit for a lot more money)

Yes, well perhaps if we would have spent less time chasing a 100 year old Peter Crouch and  more time thinking about Davis' potential we wouldn't have this headache. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

And to think, if Bruce had had his way Peter Crouch would be playing instead of Davis.....

Crouch would have been s great signing. He's still a handful for defenders and is banging in the goals. I'm not clear how Crouch vs Davis would have been "either/or".

Just now, briny_ear said:

Crouch would have been s great signing. He's still a handful for defenders and is banging in the goals. I'm not clear how Crouch vs Davis would have been "either/or".

...because given their playing styles you either play Crouch or Davis. If you sign a 36 year old Crouch on what would clearly be quite a lot of money, it's clear he'd play over Davis and hence Davis wouldn't get the sort of opportunities he has had this season. 

• Like 1

Â