Keinan Davis

a-k

We need a really good, sturdy contract for him.  Something along the lines of "Should a club offer an acceptable amount to outright buy out the signed contract, Aston Villa are rightfully entitled to murder 2 family members of Keinan Davis as compensation". 

Just something that might make him think, or something like that. 

• Like 2

I'm gonna make the cliched Heskey comparison again.

I really like Davis, but I don't think he's the guy who will score 20 goals a season ever. 

What he will do is be involved in that many and create chances for others. He's a good player.

• Like 1

I think he looks decent and may develop into a really good player but some people thought that about Delfouneso so let's see. It's very early days and it's important not to heap too much pressure on him at his age.

Still, it's good to be bringing players through at this level, especially considering the amount of money we have wasted in recent years.

23 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

I think he looks decent and may develop into a really good player but some people thought that about Delfouneso so let's see. It's very early days and it's important not to heap too much pressure on him at his age.

Still, it's good to be bringing players through at this level, especially considering the amount of money we have wasted in recent years.

I think the kind of player he is means that he's got a better chance than Delfouneso of making it. He's a proper target man which means there is more to his game than simply scoring goals.

For me it's much harder for a player like Delfouneso or Hepburn-Murphy to cement a place in a team because if they're not scoring goals then they don't tend to impact a match.

He's made an extremely promising start and is a large part of our mini revival due to how he holds the ball up and brings those around him into the game. Hopefully he keeps it up for as long as possible.

My only worry would be fatigue as he can't be used to playing games as regularly as he has, especially at the higher level.

25 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Delfouneso never made this sort of impact in the first team.

He also was hyped up for numerous years before he even had a chance.

Keinan's case is nothing like Delfouneso tbh.

I was just using him as an example. The.amount of youngsters that have come through who have been hyped up is incredible. Bannan, RHM, Gardner, Delfouneso and several others in recent years have all been touted as the second coming of Pele by some fans only for them to fall away and turn out to be average at best.

I just hope the same doesn't happen to our latest bright young hope.

Edited by One For The Road

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I really like Davis, but I don't think he's the guy who will score 20 goals a season ever. 

What he will do is be involved in that many and create chances for others. He's a good player.

let me point out the oblivious flaw here :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, One For The Road said:

I was just using him as an example. The.amount of youngsters that have come through who have been hyped up is incredible. Bannan, RHM, Gardner, Delfouneso and several others in recent years have all been touted as the second coming of Pele by some fans only for them to fall away and turn out to be average at best.

I've still not given up on Stephen Cooke.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Yep. I don't think I'd be confident if he was put through on goal, most of his goals will be similar to the two headers I'd imagine  

The main thing is his impact on the game and others and so far it's fantastic. It's ridiculous how a 19 year old from non league can make top championship players perform better. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

Delfouneso never made this sort of impact in the first team.

He also was hyped up for numerous years before he even had a chance.

Keinan's case is nothing like Delfouneso tbh.

Davis has already done more for the first team than Delfouneso ever did. Delfouneso was dreadful and rode on the reputation he gained from the youth team.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, One For The Road said:

I don't think Delfouneso ever looked consistently as effective as Davis. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

I don't think Delfouneso ever looked consistently as effective as Davis. 

100% Davis looks like he has potential to be a world beater and already looks comfortable in this league. 

I can't remember ever watching The Fonz and thinking he looked like anything. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GarethRDR said:

I've still not given up on Stephen Cooke.

Twinkle toes. He was wonderful to watch, it's just a shame he wasn't bigger. The Aldridge Pele.

I'm not sure on the Heskey comparisons - when Heskey was coming through his main thing was running at pace, being difficult to knock off the ball, then falling over as soon as you brushed past him - maybe later Heskey is a better comparison, but for me Davis is more like Dublin or Sutton.

On 27/09/2017 at 17:28, av1 said:

Agreed. I don't watch the u23's so can't make comment myself, but i do remember last year that even some of our members that watch the youth religiously questioned whether he was ready for the first team. The general consensus was that RHM was way ahead of him in terms of first team readiness. 

Just goes to show what can happen in a year. RHM spent it trying to get paid more than what he was worth and Davis spent it training hard. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, chrisvilla4 said:

I think it's rubbish. Yes he's doing well but would imagine it's too early for any premier league clubs to come in. Keep enjoying your regular football Keinan! 

Couldn't agree more. It would be career suicide to leave atm. 

Lets just look at the options. There is absolutely no way on earth he will be allowed to leave in January, so I'm going to work on the assumption that any interest in the kid won't come till the summer. Now there are 2 thing to consider here, firstly you would hope that the club have improved his contract by then. Secondly, what division will we be in?

Failure to secure promotion this year season would obviously complicate things, but i still wouldn't see the development benefit of leaving for a lower mid table team. 

Promotion would make his departure even less likely. Should we go up there are probably only 6/7 teams that would constitute a step up, and none of those imo would be looking to spend the sort of money we would require on a 20yr old kid after 1 good season in the championship. 

If memory serves, Xia or his side kick Rotan (sp?) Tweeted something positive about Davis, along the lines of 'whoever scouted this lad needs a payrise'

With this in mind, and also taking into consideration the amount of money spunked up the wall on RMC, I'm absolutely positive they are thrashing out a contract as we speak. 

Â