Keinan Davis

a-k

6 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

He's really not being treated like crap. And if he did hand in a transfer request he won't be playing Premier league football. 

He's not playing Premier league football anyway really is he

You think el ghaz deserves to play over him? Walks into the side but is utter dogshit

Edited by tomav84
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, ender4 said:

Yeah, didn’t score again.   Disgraceful.

😜😜😂😂

What's sad is that, you know this will count as another " appearance", in black and white, for people who really don't rate him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, tomav84 said:

He's not playing Premier league football anyway really is he

You think el ghaz deserves to play over him? Walks into the side but is utter dogshit

I forgot you were a seasoned manager and had an insight into the lads training each week. Give it up. I rate Davis and so do the management, they always talk highly of him, but we’re in the winning games business and today we won. 

• Like 1

i dont feel sorry for him, playing in a top 10 side is a really high bar. Hes competing with Watkins unfortuntely and squeezing him into a side means asking him to play wide. I think tonight showed why thats not a great option. Keinan needs to keep working hard and trying to make an impact when chances present themselves.

• Like 1

Just now, DCJonah said:

Ollie is our best striker. He plays. 

Keinan hasn't been badly treated. He's a squad player and is treated like one. 

I like Davis but people are once again going OTT.

Completely agree 

Davis biggest problem is that we set ourselves up based on Watkins off the ball on both sides of it, movement on it and pressing off it, you can say that Davis holds it up better or that Davis wins headers or whatever but that's not how we seemingly want to play 

I feel for him cos I think he's a good player but we're not going to set ourselves up around him, he's not good enough for that 

• Like 1

He's not a youth kid by the way, he's 23. I like him as a player and the different option he can offer but he's not a lone striker in the system we play. We need another system if we want to play with Davis and Watkins, same situation with Wesley.

He's going to have a battle on his hands to get any minutes next season with Wesley back, ideally he does go out on loan to get some minutes/goals and then returns the following season. If we get into the Europa League somehow next season then we will have a load more games to offer him but right now our focus is on the league and he's not going to get many minutes. 

4 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Ollie is our best striker. He plays. 

Keinan hasn't been badly treated. He's a squad player and is treated like one. 

I like Davis but people are once again going OTT.

Exactly this.  

There are players who are 10 times better than Davis who just have to sit on the bench and get no minutes (at Chelsea, Man City, Man Utd, Liverpool).   

It’s a squad game and that the life of a player.  You need to be the best in your position, or wait for the odd few minutes here or there.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, AV82 said:

I forgot you were a seasoned manager and had an insight into the lads training each week. Give it up. I rate Davis and so do the management, they always talk highly of him, but we’re in the winning games business and today we won. 

What's the point in this forum at all if all opinions are disregard because we're not 'seasoned managers'?

I still don't rate el ghazi...but I'm pleased for him and took his goal well. First half their defence was all over the place and I feel Davis would've done some damage. 

But of course, I'm not entitled so such an opinion because I'm not a football manager...

25 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

What's sad is that, you know this will count as another " appearance", in black and white, for people who really don't rate him.

Just what I was about to say 😂

The lad's got a goal and an assist in his last 90 minutes of football, but that's four apparences 🤷🏼‍♂️

4 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Only a complete div would think that.

Yes the record shows 12 appearances 1 assist and 1 goal but you only need to look at the minutes which is 155 to see he has played less than 2 games in reality.

38 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Only a complete div would think that.

Yes the record shows 12 appearances 1 assist and 1 goal but you only need to look at the minutes which is 155 to see he has played less than 2 games in reality.

Which is really frustrating. We have been terrible at coming from behind this season yet Smith refuses to make a change 90% of the time.

Today it worked out (although the change I would have made is Davis for Barkley so it wouldn't have impacted the goal much) but you can look at many other games where we start resorting to pinging long balls instead of actually playing football (when we actually play passes we a re really dangerous which pisses me off because we rarely do it). I think keinan would be a solid option in those games especially when our wingers aren't getting a sniff or our midfield can't beat the press. 

• Like 1

Â