Keinan Davis

a-k

13 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Exactly!

Keinan offer us something that we don't have.

But it's important to note that he is so much more than just brute strength.

Yes he’s skilful  can pick a pass and actually has a decent shot on him I’ve never seen him scuff a shot or see it fly over the bar it’s either the post or a fantastic save from the keeper really hope he gets a start before end of the season 

That's what a few of us on here have advocated in recent months about Davis being able to play behind Ollie  instead of writing him off. He has the physicality and hold up play to enable Ollie to stay in the box more. I hope hes given more chances for the rest of the season because a couple of other regulars don't deserve to be playing. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

But we can't play him because he doesn't score goals right?

Ridiculous. Fans today are such stat merchants.

Only looking at the numbers instead of focusing on what they bring to the team.

Who gives a f*** about who is scoring the goals as long as we win?

I feel dirty agreeing with you...but I do. 

We’re boring and predictable, even with Jack at times. 

Start him. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, villalad21 said:

Adomah was thriving off him in that championship season and we were getting results. 

As you say, it didn't matter that it wasn't he who was getting the goals.

Weather he can be effective as a starter in the premier league is a sperate issue which is entirely up for discussion, but as a general rule your point stands

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

True with Jack out he should start , If he’s not scoring he’s involved in the goals and free’s Ollie up 

He did brilliant for the second goal, not just the cross but the closing down and winning the ball from the Fulham defender in first place.

He's worth a start but still can't see when he'll get one given we won't drop Ollie for Liverpool given his hat trick and Trez will also be starting. Perhaps at home to Man. City?

• Like 1

Put in the best cross of the day.  Bought energy and power to our game. My god when he scores I'm gonna celebrate like it's a holiday every day for the rest of the season!

Edited by Sulberto21
  • Like 3

Had an excellent 10 against spurs and great to see him get 30 mins today, changed the game, moreso than trez, has a huge ceiling and Ive always struggled to see how he gets slated most weeks, looks to have a higher ceiling than Ollie for me. Stronger, good touch and the goals will come, still only 23. I think some people expect finished articles at 21 or they're on the scrap heap.

• Like 2

It's weird he and Wes last season didn't really compliment each other so it made sense they didn't play together much, but this season there is a huge case of Davis and Watkins to start in the same team.

we are slow and predictable to defend against, Davis causes the opposition problems.

• Like 1

I have to admit, this is a player I have never understood what he has to offer to our team and I have been waiting for him to be sent away (though I have not bashed him). But I am starting to see there is something there, som maybe I have been wrong. Although I doubt he will be a world beater, I think we should let him get some more chances to prove his worth for the remainder of the season.

Â