Keinan Davis

a-k

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Considering we play it long so much Keinan may actually be a better option up front.

Watkins on the right could be worth a try. Traore is too inconsistent.

Mate the reason Traore stays in, is because he is equally capable of sporadically destroying a defense in one sequence, as he is ' inconsistent '.

• Like 1

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Mate the reason Traore stays in, is because he is equally capable of sporadically destroying a defense in one sequence, as he is ' inconsistent '.

I just don't rate him. I think his decision making is horrendous.

If we want to go to the next level Traore can't be our starting RWF

7 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Grealish and El Ghazi are better options on the left

RWF is a really weak link in the team imo.

Grealish is injured - Only leaves El Ghazi.

Even when Jack returns, theres the option to put him back to central in his natural AMC position and we're still one short on the left side again.

While we're short, it wouldn't harm to maybe try Ollie out on the left on odd occasions.

Traore and Trezeguet have the AMR position between them, where Traore has been very good and probably one of our better hard working players this season.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I just don't rate him. I think his decision making is horrendous.

If we want to go to the next level Traore can't be our starting RWF

Perhaps, but most definitely good enough to be in the squad, potential match winner and improvement on Trez.

I'd think in the summer Anwar and Trez will go, Trez the more probable, and we will se recruitment of a quality, explosive winger/CAM or two.

That being said, I think Anwar is in the same category as Traore.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Ollie would still offer an attacking threat out wide and dare say he would still see goals.

In a game like last night I don't think there would have been any harm in experimenting and utilising the players that we have got and even in the games that are more suited to their style of play.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting we do that every game or from now until the end of the season. I would just like to see us try different things in games (like last night).

I agree there are and will be better options than Davis in the summer, but until then I don't think it will harm us to try and use him where we need his strength in certain games imo.

I get the logic I just have seen absolutely nothing from Davis to make me think we should start him in the next game, or any game, I don’t think he offers much at all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I do agree Nick, I say we move Ollie out side and play Davis next game.

Ollie is not getting much up top on his own of late, but in the last few games where he looks like he has been cutting in from the left in parts of games made me think that maybe it is an option for us after all.

I don't see what could go wrong, Trial and error and all that, but I think alot of teams are now onto us and how we play and who plays where etc.

I think we’ll just have to agree to disagree, I would be more open to short term Ollie playing out wide if we had a decent back up striker to Ollie.  I’m glad Dean seems to agree with me given how much time he gives Davis.

14 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

To be fair Nick, it seems people forget that Ollie was a winger for the majority of his career .

Now that's not me saying we should move him, but it's not as outlandish as it seems.

My point is not him playing out there it’s that we don’t have a decent replacement for central striker.  If we had Tammy or Edouard....or even a next level down then it makes more sense to try it.  Long term if we get/buy another strong striker then a great option would be Ollie as right forward in currently Berties spot.  

Then Jack-“another”-Ollie would be awesome trio but this bizarre desire that some fans have to get Davis involved when neither history at any level shows he has it or even the current management staff have any faith in him given how little time he gets is just plain weird.  

We can all see he is likely to be gone in the next transfer window or two, we can all see the management staff seem to have no real faith in him and is just a stop gap until Wes comes back in and the summer transfer window but because he’s come through from a youngster after signing from Biggleswade Town and seen as one of our kids.  If we had signed him like we did Lansbury he would’ve been talked about very differently but we have a blind spot for players that came through from our lower teams.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Grealish is injured - Only leaves El Ghazi.

Even when Jack returns, theres the option to put him back to central in his natural AMC position and we're still one short on the left side again.

While we're short, it wouldn't harm to maybe try Ollie out on the left on odd occasions.

Traore and Trezeguet have the AMR position between them, where Traore has been very good and probably one of our better hard working players this season.

I’d rather have AEG on the left and Watkins upfront than bring in Davis for AEG and move Watkins to do so.

AEG has scored more goals this season than Davis will score PL goals in his career.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I’d rather have AEG on the left and Watkins upfront than bring in Davis for AEG and move Watkins to do so.

AEG has scored more goals this season than Davis will score PL goals in his career.

As a whole, so would I. I agree with you.

If push ever came to shove then we know we also have my mad alternative method and an option I suppose.  🤪

18 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I don't think moving too many players around to fit an individual is the way to go either, but for me the inclusion of Davis is to change things up when we're struggling. I wouldn't start him over Watkins, but matches like yesterday when we look as a potent going forward as a potato, and that vs 10 men. That's when I think we should throw him on earlier and mix it up. I'd also move Watkins wide, exactly like we did. Traore didn't do a whole lot methinks, and for all his technique and nice touches there wasn't much end product to it.

If we don't switch things up when we are at our worst, when are we supposed to do it?

As for your last comment, well people said the same about Calvin Lewin.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I think we’ll just have to agree to disagree, I would be more open to short term Ollie playing out wide if we had a decent back up striker to Ollie.  I’m glad Dean seems to agree with me given how much time he gives Davis.

That's why we tried to get Mandzukic until the end of the season according to some reports but he rejected us. Allegedly. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Davis is unfortunately being suffocated at Villa, he’s never now going to play anywhere near the amount of football he should and needs to be playing. And it’s become unfair for us to expect anything from him when he sporadically gets a few minutes here and there. He has no experience or pedigree, and it’s impossible for him to find any sort of form as things stand. He needs either a permanent move away in the summer, or at least a season long loan somewhere. He needs to do this for his career, and the club need to let this happen. 

• Like 4

13 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Unfortunately, once certain players have a stigma around around them, or it's fashionable for them to be ' shit ' it's a long way back for them.

It baffles me how people can't see what he offers.

In probably his first move of the game, he held off a defender, controlled and rolled the ball off his chest into the path of one of our players to fashion a chance.

He has strength where Ollie lacks it, he can hold a ball where Ollie couldn't, simply due to strength.

They could be great foil for each other in the right setup.

He allows other players to come into the game and creates another dynamic.

Sadly, his cameos and minutes have been so short over the years, due to a multitude of factors, its easy to just point to his 'record. In black and white without acknowledging the variables.

I think he'll possibly be off in the summer, but it will sadden me as I feel he has everything to be a great player.

100% this

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sulberto21 said:

That's why we tried to get Mandzukic until the end of the season according to some reports but he rejected us. Allegedly. 

You are 100% correct sir. We did.

He was the player 'who had done everything' that was rumoured back in the summer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Unfortunately, once certain players have a stigma around around them, or it's fashionable for them to be ' shit ' it's a long way back for them.

It baffles me how people can't see what he offers.

In probably his first move of the game, he held off a defender, controlled and rolled the ball off his chest into the path of one of our players to fashion a chance.

He has strength where Ollie lacks it, he can hold a ball where Ollie couldn't, simply due to strength.

They could be great foil for each other in the right setup.

He allows other players to come into the game and creates another dynamic.

Sadly, his cameos and minutes have been so short over the years, due to a multitude of factors, its easy to just point to his 'record. In black and white without acknowledging the variables.

I think he'll possibly be off in the summer, but it will sadden me as I feel he has everything to be a great player.

Completely agree with this, he has real potential but he just isn't getting the chance to develop here.

• Like 1

Just now, poitier said:

Completely agree with this, he has real potential but he just isn't getting the chance to develop here.

Does he have real potential though? Last season in 820 minutes of football he managed one goal against a Brighton reserve team in the cup. In 2017/18 he managed 2 goals in 1,500 minutes in the Championship. I've missed out the season in between and the current season as he's never really had a run of minutes but the stats aren't any better for those.

That's 3 goals in almost 26 games worth of football. I know its not all about goals and a fair few of those minutes will have been as a late sub but a striker as unlikely to score a goal as that isn't showing real potential to me.

He might move on to have a career at a mid to lower table Championship team but he's 23 years old now and it wouldn't surprise me if he had to drop to a lower level than that to find regular first team football.

• Like 1

The only way I would move Watkins wide is if we get Tammy or another out and out CF. Or even if Wes comes back levelled up. We could then potentially see Watkins out wide left with Jack playing a more central role.

Davis is done in the summer I think, hence why he's seldom being used. Even when Ollie is out of sorts. At 24 years old we have kids with far more potential than him. It's a shame but if he cared about his own legacy he'd have pushed to break out by now and kick start his career imo.

• Like 2

Andre Green struggled to get regular playing time for Portsmouth in League 1, and showed far more than Keinan ever has. I think he's a League 1 player at best and it's pretty concerning that he's our 2nd option up front at the moment. We knew Wes wasn't going to be playing for a while so I'm really not sure why we haven't bought someone in. This is the kind of situation where a loan isn't a bad thing IMO.

Edited by kurtsimonw
  • Like 3

Â