Keinan Davis

a-k

5 hours ago, Danishlad said:

I like Davis as a player, I know a lot of people want another back up striker but was thinking who could that be and who do other clubs have. I was looking at other clubs back up strikers. (im not an expert on the other clubs by the way)

Brighton- after Maupay they have Conolly and Welbeck

Spurs- Bale??

Leicester- Perez

Newcastle- Caroll

West Ham -do they have one

West Brom Robinson

Arsenal - Nketier

Palace Ayew

Everton Tosun

Southampton ??

Leeds ??

Wolves Silva

Burnley Vydra

My point is as a back up striker I think Kienan is ok. I think we fans need to back up our back up striker.

All clubs you named I really would not like emulate, our goal has to be to push past these teams . Davis has had a lot of patience off the fans here and we all wish him well if he ends up leaving, but dream bigger mate , In my Wildest dreams didn't think we could be in the position we are , now let's push on

Edited by pete101
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Another game we're losing and he dosen't come on.

We seem to have kept him just to say we have a striker on the bench even though he's hardly going to be used. What a waste for all concerned.

Considering we don’t play in a two striker system and there was no need for Ollie to come off, and we scored within a few mins of our last sub coming on (and were inches away from another that would have equalized), I’d say this is a pretty unnecessary comment 

1 minute ago, a-k said:

Considering we don’t play in a two striker system and there was no need for Ollie to come off, and we scored within a few mins of our last sub coming on (and were inches away from another that would have equalized), I’d say this is a pretty unnecessary comment 

We ended both Burnley games and Man. United and Chelsea with Davis and Watkins on the pitch so it's rare to see Ollie subbed off for him. Also against Sheffield United in first game he came on for Hourihane after 62 minutes.

It was a good goal we scored but we were really struggling to even hang onto the ball after it went 2 nil so think his presence would've given them something more to think about and meant we'd have tweaked our shape a little which was needed given how easily West Ham nulified our general play.

2 minutes ago, a-k said:

We were completely toothless until we scored, Trez came. On and offered NOTHING. I'd much rather we brought Davis on and went 2 up front. I don't care we don't normally play that system. We normally aren't 2-0 down and we don't normally struggle to create anything...

If we're gonna keep playing this 4-4-2 system and that's exactly what it is with where Barkley positions himself on the pitch we may as well play Ollie and Keinan up top.

Keinan will offer our midfield as much protection as Barkley will but at least he gives our players a focal point they can hoof it up to when we're under pressure.

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

If we're gonna keep playing this 4-4-2 system and that's exactly what it is with where Barkley positions himself on the pitch we may as well play Ollie and Keinan up top.

Keinan will offer our midfield as much protection as Barkley will but at least he gives our players a focal point they can hoof it up to when we're under pressure.

We should have some players in midfield, who can take care of themselves.....sadly, it doesn't seem to be the case.

10 hours ago, WooJung said:

We were completely toothless until we scored, Trez came. On and offered NOTHING. I'd much rather we brought Davis on and went 2 up front. I don't care we don't normally play that system. We normally aren't 2-0 down and we don't normally struggle to create anything...

Against teams like that we do......we were toothless, because we had our creative players negated......and our other players did not engage in combat to free them up.

we were hamstrung by a team more willing to mix it.....in response we opened up and just retreated.....Lingard, must have felt like God had delivered his perfect opposition for him to make a mark.

12 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I think its clear now that Wesley is going to go straight into the squad ahead of him

I think Wes will always be ahead of Keinan, but Wes is a long way off being in a match day squad unfortunately!

• 2 weeks later...
Â