Keinan Davis

a-k

6 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Thing is, its all well and good shipping him out on loan to gain confidence and net a few goals but that doesn't really do villa any favours if he has a stormer in a lower division, mainly cos the premier league is a massive leap, with not many strikers being as successful. 

I like the kid but just sell him to a team more suited to his skills. There can be little room for sentiment if we intend to push on and build on this good start. Yes, we need a squad but a squad of players who are oven ready premier standard and yes, that costs.

Sell with a buy back option (that we'll never use).  Good deal for both teams

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Loxstock92 said:

I don’t know whether they were linked earlier in the window, but you have to wonder why clubs keep coming in even though it’s well known he won’t be allowed to leave.

I don't think he will be allowed to leave unless we sign someone who would be an improvement or it becomes a pointless task imo and we risk end up signing a Borja Baston mkII. I would sooner we keep Davis.

47 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

I think we should bite their hands off and let him go. He's totally useless to us as a sub, and if Watkins gets injured more long term we'd be better served playing Traore there.  Leaves us short of cover in the event of injuries to both of them but I'd even rate Barry over him at the moment. 

I wouldn't bite their hands off if it means we cut our own hands off and leave ourselves with one recognised striker in the process of doing so either on the basis that Traore will become backup. (We have no Barry now as I have read in one of the other threads that he's got a serious foot injury so he is definately out of the equation)

We need to be careful following this mantra incase something were to happen to Olly this season and then pulling in players in from other parts of the team to fill the gaps risks leaving us light in other areas, it's not the doings of a club pushing for a shot at European football.

As a whole, he might look useless as a sub to many on here in the few minutes he has been given so far, doesn't mean to write him off as a useless player until we see him given a start somewhere wherever possible if Dean Smith intends on keeping him here.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

10 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I wouldn't bite their hands off if it means we cut our own hands off and leave ourselves with one recognised striker in the process of doing so either on the basis that Traore will become backup. (We have no Barry now as I have read in one of the other threads that he's got a serious foot injury so he is definately out of the equation)

We need to be careful following this mantra incase something were to happen to Olly this season and then pulling in players in from other parts of the team to fill the gaps risks leaving us light in other areas, it's not the doings of a club pushing for a shot at European football.

As a whole, he might look useless as a sub to many on here in the few minutes he has been given so far, doesn't mean to write him off as a useless player until we see him given a start somewhere wherever possible if Dean Smith intends on keeping him here.

Wasn't aware of a Barry injury,  and in that case no biting of hands required.  I still wouldn't say no to him going on loan though. He isn't getting the minutes he needs to be ready to play in the event Watkins gets injured,  ergo there is no point keeping him around for that eventuality in my book. 

I have definitely not written him off, but I don't want us to be in the situation where we lose Watkins, and then we revert to Davis as first choice. I would much rather revert to Traore as first choice and Davis remains a sub that never gets used. So for that reason he can go on loan, and prove he has what it takes to start scoring. Insert a recall clause dependent on injuries to aforementioned players. I would even pay his full wages while he's there getting game time to allow such a recall clause.

Then he comes back and gets more game time next season, or he becomes another in our long line of youth prospect the scored a hatful at under 23 level, only to never to deliver on the big stage having never been given a real chance. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

False narrative.

Yes, he’s only getting a few minutes now but he’s had plenty of serious game time over the years and even in a lower league wasn’t good enough.

• Like 1

He looked like the back end of a the pantomime horse that has Jon Moss at the front last night. No time to make an impact but still looked almost hilariously bad. I feel sorry for the lad, he's at the age where he needs to ba playing every week, and 5 minutes here and there is doing him no good at all, and it's no use for us. We might as well have just taken a man off and played with ten men for the last few minutes last night, for all the use Davis is.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Risso said:

He looked like the back end of a the pantomime horse that has Jon Moss at the front last night. No time to make an impact but still looked almost hilariously bad. I feel sorry for the lad, he's at the age where he needs to ba playing every week, and 5 minutes here and there is doing him no good at all, and it's no use for us. We might as well have just taken a man off and played with ten men for the last few minutes last night, for all the use Davis is.

It's so plain to see, I'm sure the management/scouting are looking for another striker even if Wes makes it back which no given.  We are so short in the central striker position that I'm praying every game that Watkins doesnt get injured and that one tackle yesterday on him I thought...."here we go" and I was surprised it wasnt Ben Mee doing it but Tarkowski (I think) but only needs a bad tackle and we have an issue.  Even a loan or something, we have second half of the season to come....Davis is useless mostly and Wes at best will be just getting fitness, we need another front man.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

False narrative.

Yes, he’s only getting a few minutes now but he’s had plenty of serious game time over the years and even in a lower league wasn’t good enough.

He was good in the lower league and he was 19 or something too. I think you're being unfair there. Anyway, I think I've had this conversation before. 

34 minutes ago, Rolta said:

He was good in the lower league and he was 19 or something too. I think you're being unfair there. Anyway, I think I've had this conversation before. 

But he wasn’t and his stats back that up, not just what I watched.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, lexicon said:

His first touch in the Burnley game sort of set the tone. Needs to go. 

yeah, I think so.

It wasn't a game to judge him.......but I think its time he went out .

4 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I don't think he will be allowed to leave unless we sign someone who would be an improvement or it becomes a pointless task imo and we risk end up signing a Borja Baston mkII. I would sooner we keep Davis.

I think its unfair if we keep him hanging around to play a few minutes here and there......its not doing him or the club any good.

we need to sign a striker on loan.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TheFirstMan said:

yeah, judge him on his goal scoring record instead

oh. 

I didn't say that either. He has been affective bringing in other players and holding up the ball though. Maybe it's not enough, but these short cameos aren't really giving him a chance.

Â