Keinan Davis

a-k

He is a real player. He stays fit we stay up. 

Don't tell me his goal record as a 19 year old. Keinan will score goals and help the team get results as long as he stays fit. 

Unless we play 2 up top, Keinan should start over Samatta, assuming he is fit enough to play 90 now.

• Like 1

He needs to stop worrying about getting his shot on target and actually trying to beat the keeper. We need a striker version of John Terry brought in to coach him and teach him the art of finishing. In the PL, you can't be banking on the keeper being unable to handle your low hard shot, you actually have to beat them.

15 minutes ago, Elton said:

Don't tell me his goal record as a 19 year old. Keinan will score goals and help the team get results as long as he stays fit. 

Unless we play 2 up top, Keinan should start over Samatta, assuming he is fit enough to play 90 now.

Won't happen.

Davis always plays well in his cameos, but Wesley still got picked. Every time.

I keep hearing the coaching staff rates him but i see no evidence in that. Keinan never get's a chance.

Edited by villalad21

9 hours ago, Elton said:

You think we are going to drop our new £8.5m signing up who has just scored on his Premier League debut? I’d play Davis and Samatta up top, change it up a bit

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

You think we are going to drop our new £8.5m signing up who has just scored on his Premier League debut? I’d play Davis and Samatta up top, change it up a bit

I’m encouraged by Samatta but I prefer Davis. We are always a lot better as a team with Davis on the pitch as the ball sticks upfront and doesn’t keep coming back putting the defence under pressure.

As for a 8.5m signing, Davis will be worth way more than that when under a new contract. I’d like to see the 2 of them up front.

Edited by Elton
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

He isn't gonna play guys.

Even when Wesley had a stinker and Davis showed promising cameos Davis still didn't get a chance.

Samatta is the Wesley replacement and will play every game regardless how he or Davis perform.

I’m fairly sure Davis was going to come in for Wesley until he was injured in the Wolves game. Davis was starting to get more minutes and   I think I recall Smith talking him up like he was about to start him just before he did he hamstring.

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

5-2-1-2?? Maybe we can keep the same formation, but move Davis in for El Ghazi. Our wingers contribute **** all anyway. Might as well play 2 up front. 

Yeah I agree, i think a 3412, but that's pretty much the formation you mentioned at the end of the day.

15 hours ago, Keyblade said:

He needs to stop worrying about getting his shot on target and actually trying to beat the keeper. We need a striker version of John Terry brought in to coach him and teach him the art of finishing. In the PL, you can't be banking on the keeper being unable to handle your low hard shot, you actually have to beat them.

To be honest I don't believe you can teach players how to 'finish'. Top players simply 'know ' where the goals are because they have been doing this very thing since they were old enough to kick a ball .It becomes  as instinctive as putting one foot in front of another .

• Like 2

I've been banging on for years that Davis should be starting. People on here bang on about his goal record but he has barely had a decent run in the team which is always tough for a young striker.

For me he occupies and troubles defenders like no one else in our squad. This alone allows us to retain possession and play 15-20 yards further up the pitch where Jack, AEG and McGinn can trouble the opposition. It's a huge advantage and one we need to start using quickly otherwise it's lights out

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, ramshackler said:

I've been banging on for years that Davis should be starting. People on here bang on about his goal record but he has barely had a decent run in the team which is always tough for a young striker.

For me he occupies and troubles defenders like no one else in our squad. This alone allows us to retain possession and play 15-20 yards further up the pitch where Jack, AEG and McGinn can trouble the opposition. It's a huge advantage and one we need to start using quickly otherwise it's lights out

Totally agree. Get it to Davis’ feet and play from there. 

3 hours ago, villalad21 said:

He isn't gonna play guys.

Even when Wesley had a stinker and Davis showed promising cameos Davis still didn't get a chance.

Samatta is the Wesley replacement and will play every game regardless how he or Davis perform.

Davis got injured, what you on about?

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Davis got injured, what you on about?

He got injured in late october. 

But before that he didn't get a single start in the league despite Wesley's lackluster performances.

I can see the same scenario happening. Not that Samatta will play poorly, but Davis only being a bench option.

Dean says he rates him but i don't think that is the case considering he never starts him.

Edited by villalad21

Â