Keinan Davis

a-k

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

No, you're right let's never play him despite all his other qualities and not let him develop one that is very much coachable.

Harry Kane had just 14 goals in his first 56 games on loan at various teams. If it were up to you, you would have binned him off because he didn't show a "goal scoring touch".

Natural scoring is not coach able, you must have the knack that’s why strikers are generally the most expensive players

i wish Davis had a 1 in 4 ratio....Davis had 1 goal every 753 minutes in the Championship in 17/18.  Plus I’ve had Batistuta and Kane thrown at me in the last couple of pages.....that misses the hundreds and hundreds of players that didn’t.  Picking the needles in the Haystack to prove your point seems to forget the overall weight of players that don’t.

If Louie Barry continues to improve do you want Davis blocking his way to the first team just in case Davis does something he’s never done before.....obviously not.

5 minutes ago, useless said:

Davis' all round game is good enough that even if we decide he doesn't score enough to be a striker, he's worth trying in another position.

Looked fantastic on the wing in pre-season, could probably also play in midfield as well, looks very good when he drops deep 🧐

Just now, useless said:

Looked fantastic on the wing in pre-season, could probably also play in midfield as well, looks very good when he drops deep 🧐

Happy with that option, he’s not a striker though!

22 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Ohhh so I’m not allowed to debate on a debate website.  Got ya!

I guess that was my response to your debate—"A player at 19 is not stuck in one mode forever." 

In my opinion you come across overly critical, which is what I said in response to the debate—as in, as part of the debate you're having on a debate website, that is my response. It's still a debate when people disagree with you and think you're being overly critical. Or do we just have to listen to you and say nothing back? 

Of course you can say what you want, but you've definitely kind of hijacked the thread for the last hour or so. We get it.

Edited by Rolta

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Natural scoring is not coach able, you must have the knack that’s why strikers are generally the most expensive players

i wish Davis had a 1 in 4 ratio....Davis had 1 goal every 753 minutes in the Championship in 17/18.  Plus I’ve had Batistuta and Kane thrown at me in the last couple of pages.....that misses the hundreds and hundreds of players that didn’t.  Picking the needles in the Haystack to prove your point seems to forget the overall weight of players that don’t.

If Louie Barry continues to improve do you want Davis blocking his way to the first team just in case Davis does something he’s never done before.....obviously not.

He doesn't need to be a natural goalscorer. He doesn't have to be Inzaghi, he just has to improve and finishing is very much coachable. He's not a fox in the box striker, his game is so much more than that so like I said, he never had to be a natural goal scorer. He's already a good player, but a decent goal scoring return will take him to the next level. Emile Heskey was never particularly prolific, but he was an excellent player in his pomp. That's what we want him to strive to be.

• Like 2

Anyway seems not many agree with me here but that’s my view.  I’m going to focus on the game on tv now between Man U and city to see which of them will be the losing finalists at Wembley 😉

• Like 1

4 hours ago, nick76 said:

That’s the problem, he has no history of this at lower levels so why people now think at this level is beyond me.  Back up striker at best!

Why does he need history at lower levels? 

He never looked out of place yesterday at all, I've seen him play plenty of times and you can see he has bags of talent and potential. I'd much rather us give this kid an opportunity than bring someone in like benteke anyday. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, holteend1982 said:

Why does he need history at lower levels? 

He never looked out of place yesterday at all, I've seen him play plenty of times and you can see he has bags of talent and potential. I'd much rather us give this kid an opportunity than bring someone in like benteke anyday. 

His record in the championship is poor and the same with PL 2 Div 2, yet at the highest level he’s going to be a goal scorer....that very rarely happens.

Your second line I just don’t agree with, sorry.  Yeah he can hold up a ball but as a striker never looks like scoring.  If he played in another position that’s fine not to be a goal scorer but in his position I’m not asking for him to be a poacher or top scorer but just to look like he could score would be an achievement.

Bags of talent and potential? Ok, yeah sure.....can do everything apart from the one thing we need from a striker, even the rest of it is not exceptional to be honest.

Did I mention Benteke? Nope!

Davis is a no from me in the strikers role, but like you, I have no say over this. I hope I’m wrong and he turns out great but this is my view but with Samatta, Smith wants another in before window close, we spent 20+m on Wes...if the striker we bring in is perm then Davis would be fourth choice next season so will probably be gone or at least out on loan.

14 hours ago, nick76 said:

That’s the beauty of football, it’s all about opinions and we all want the best for Villa so I hope you’re right about Davis and I look like a fool.  

I think Wes is struggling but has potential and I’ve seen that which I know you disagree.  

I think we both will agree that we hope one is a major success whoever it is as while one of us looks silly we both benefit because Villa are better.

Even better if both are a success.

To be fair mate, you and I often agreed on Wes, so in the same breath, I find it difficult to understand how you can't see the potential of Keinan.

When Wes was struggling I was actually up for Keinan to come in.

Davis biggest detriment has been his injuries, he has shown in short spurts that he is an extremely capable forward.

I like him alot.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

To be fair mate, you and I often agreed on Wes, so in the same breath, I find it difficult to understand how you can't see the potential of Keinan.

Davis biggest detriment has been his injuries, he has shown in short spurts that he is an extremely capable forward.

I like him alot.

Agreed

55 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I like him alot.

Yeah I know, seems I’m definitely in the minority on this.  I just don’t see it, I’ve even tried to focus on him during games before his injury to see what the fuss is about.  I see his hold up play and dropping deep but I just don’t see potential/talent inside the box, creating chances and he definitely isn’t a scorer...just holds up the ball and lays off occasionally.

Somebody mentioned Heskey and I felt the same about him but I know how he was loved by some fans and his teammates loved him.....I thought he was a donkey.

As I’ve said I hope I’m wrong, I’m definitely in the minority here and hope he becomes a hero/success and I become a hypocrite and start chanting his name at the ground. I will then deny all the last few pages happened 😉😂😂

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Rolta said:

I guess that was my response to your debate—"A player at 19 is not stuck in one mode forever." 

In my opinion you come across overly critical, which is what I said in response to the debate—as in, as part of the debate you're having on a debate website, that is my response. It's still a debate when people disagree with you and think you're being overly critical. Or do we just have to listen to you and say nothing back? 

Of course you can say what you want, but you've definitely kind of hijacked the thread for the last hour or so. We get it.

I’ve hijacked the thread for an hour or so?...I’ve basically just been responding to comments on my comments.  It’s not like I’ve been critical of Davis for days or weeks, I disagreed with some people, laid out my argument to back it up and had some back and forth with people for an hour or so.  If that is hijacking then most of the regular posters on here are hijackers.  

It was a discussion, which admittedly I was on my own but I wasn’t being unreasonable, I laid out my arguments and I wasn’t offensive to anybody, healthy debate back and forth and it was only for a small period of time on a debate website.  We all don’t have to agree and everything is coming up smelling of roses.

49 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

When Davis chested the ball down and played through Trezeguet which could have easily been a goal with better finishing. Is that not a valid contribution to you?

Making space for others because of great hold of play doesn't matter? All that matters is goals?

If Davis can perform like he did against Leicester the players around him will find space and get into great positions. I'm sure Keinan will score some goals too if given a chance.

Look, you are used to people not agreeing with you on Villa website.  I seem to be in the majority on most topics but in two I seem to be in the minority is my view on Wes potential and lack of potential for Davis.  People keep pointing out needle in haystack points rather than overall picture...one pass from Davis or what Batistuta did at 19 years old, it doesn’t exclude the rest.

Bosko Balaban played a good pass once, Scott Hogan scored one great goal for us once, Stefan Postma did one great save once....but one stone doesn’t make a mountain.  

Sorry, I know I’m on my own on this but I’m going to fade away from this topic because I don’t have a popular opinion and writing replies is just filling up the thread to nobody’s benefit.  

It’s my opinion, I hope I’m wrong but I don’t see anything to change it and I’m just a guy on a website so it does not matter....

So I’m just going to focus on other topics

Edited by nick76

Â