Keinan Davis

a-k

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Harry Kane didn’t pull up any trees when he went out on loan a few years ago, look at him now. Loans very rarely give a true reflection of a player’s ability in my opinion, they nearly always need time to adjust to new surroundings and teammates

He's 21 and he's done little of note in League 1. You sound overly optimistic imo! 

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

What's even wrong with him? Has he seriously been injured for like 3 months from a training ground injury? 

He's not going to be match fit even if he's physically fit again. 

Went off with a knock against wolves in the cup IIRC?

9 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Harry Kane didn’t pull up any trees when he went out on loan a few years ago, look at him now. Loans very rarely give a true reflection of a player’s ability in my opinion, they nearly always need time to adjust to new surroundings and teammates

You mention Harry Kane every time someone brings up loans. He’s an anomaly. Yes not everyone shines on loan, but in the main quality shines through. Jack did well, Cahill did well. Hepburn Murphy may do well in the future, but at the moment he doesn’t look anywhere near ready. 

43 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Went off with a knock against wolves in the cup IIRC?

Crikey, that was over 2 months ago. McGinn is only slated for 3 months out with a broken leg.  Don't even remember Davis playing v Wolves to be honest let alone getting injured. 

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

What's even wrong with him? Has he seriously been injured for like 3 months from a training ground injury? 

He's not going to be match fit even if he's physically fit again. 

He pulled up v Wolves so it was a visible injury this time.

Kienan has potential but even him starting would be a big risk.

If we went down and Kienan Davis was our starting striker in the championship would anyone on here really be saying he'd fire us to promotion like Tammy did? Just making him first choice would be repeating the mistake of making Wesley that in first half of the season.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Tammy , Ming's , Tunzabe all did well with us.  O Hare seems to be doing ok with Cov . 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

It’s exactly why we should get Hepburn-Murphy back from his loan. Seeing as we haven’t, I think it means a striker signing is close

or they don't think he is good enough?

"good enough players" usually don't leave any doubt in folks minds.

6 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I like Keinan Davis and it's such a shame he was injured whilst Wesley was too, I think he really could have done well for us.

Nah not good enough at PL level at all.  

15 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

He’s shown enough for a bit of patience. He really is awkward to play against. He is big, strong, pretty quick and has decent close control. Unlikely ever to be a goal machine but a useful option to have.

He’s only an option for 2 games a season though. Ability wise, I really like him and think that when fit, he’s a better player than Wesley. That’s not really the debate here. 

I don’t really know why I’m so angry about his injuries. I think it’s a mixture of absolutely no information from the club and the fact that we’re so poor in that position. 

He seems to suffer a muscle strain and rather than ‘oh, he’ll be back in two weeks’, it puts him out for 6 months. The guy looks like an athlete but clearly his body can’t cope. 

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

He’s only an option for 2 games a season though. Ability wise, I really like him and think that when fit, he’s a better player than Wesley. That’s not really the debate here. 

I don’t really know why I’m so angry about his injuries. I think it’s a mixture of absolutely no information from the club and the fact that we’re so poor in that position. 

He seems to suffer a muscle strain and rather than ‘oh, he’ll be back in two weeks’, it puts him out for 6 months. The guy looks like an athlete but clearly his body can’t cope. 

True. He is only young though and he’s a big lad. His body may still be developing and he is not yet at full strength. Who knows? Hopefully it will turn for him soon.

5 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Deano must rate him though as he won’t loan him out.

Perhaps, but it might also be a mixture of our striker situation and the fact he’s injured so nobody is coming in for him. 

The last 3 years should have been so different for him. He should have been loaned out 2/3 times and developed as a player by playing more minutes. 

On 15/01/2020 at 18:41, TRO said:

or they don't think he is good enough?

"good enough players" usually don't leave any doubt in folks minds.

He’s had a lot of injury problems which have held him back, I think he is good enough for us 

Â