Keinan Davis

a-k

Of that Wolves side this season Vallejo on loan from Real Madrid has seven first team appearances, Bennett twelve, Kilman six, Vinagre ten and again was a regular last season. Cutrone who cost them £20m plus has made seventeen first team appearances, Neto twelve, Jordao seven, and those two cost £20m. So this idea that Wolves played a 'third team' is an exaggeration as far as I can tell, in fact I wouldn't be surprised if their side had played more first team football than our side that we put out tonight has this season.

2 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

I thought his first touch tonight was gash tbh. Great strength and determination but as above he takes forever to get the ball under control. He needs proper games in fairness to him and I do like him, just not at this time. 10 mins here and there are no good for his development at this stage imo. He needs to go out on loan asap and get proper minutes. 

Had we got the players we wanted in the summer I think he may have gone on loan in all honesty. He has the tools in his locker with his physique and attitude but he's not got the skill to go with it, and that'll only be helped by games.

• Like 3

At times Davis had to drop deep because of Lansbury and Hourihane's reluctance to move and receive the ball from either full back or Douglas. I didn't once see us create a triangle in the centre to try and pass through them. If we weren't passing it around our back four Douglas was often having to ping a ball over to the wide areas or drive it into Davis.

20 hours ago, villalad21 said:

If it was Lukaku would still be at Man Utd.

Man Utd didn't want him because a decent goalscorer is all he is. He is a crap "footballer"

Rashford and Martial scores less goals than him but still they bring much more to the team.

This is so not true. Lukaku didn't score enough goals, he was overweight and his style of play didn't fit in with the style they wanted to play. They also had / have Rashford and Martial, with Greenwood coming through.

14 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

It is important no doubt, but it's just flawed thinking saying it's the main thing. If we would have scored 6-7 goals with a striker that did the other stuff better than Wes, we might have had 3-6 points we currently don't have. 

If and buts are meaningless, we don't have that, it certainly isn't Davis. I rate Davis, I really do, but he needs to improve his finishing.

10 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Are all the people who said Keinan was the next messiah just going to walk away and pretend they haven't been talking absolute shit for the last week?

I'm baffled there are still people saying this lad is a better prospect than Wesley.

I think young players do need time, but I also think the secret is in them getting marginally better over a period of time.....if there is no incremental improvement the likeyhood is we will be waiting for something that will never arrive.

Its tricky.....I still think they need this season and Games.....but I am not holding my breath.

We saw Jack and Gareth Barry gradually get better every month......you have to see something in order to get encouragement, they are going to make it.

The worry for me with Keinan is his body language screams he is not likely to score.....He does take a fair bit of stick ( physical challenge), but he don't seem to give it out......He needs to watch the Burnley lads of Rodriguez,Barnes and Wood.

Edited by TRO

10 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Are all the people who said Keinan was the next messiah just going to walk away and pretend they haven't been talking absolute shit for the last week?

I'm baffled there are still people saying this lad is a better prospect than Wesley.

Don’t think you will find anyone who said Keinan was the “next Messiah”. That just sounds absurd.

Whatever you are trying to say, this doesn’t seem the best way to say it.

6 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Don’t think you will find anyone who said Keinan was the “next Messiah”. That just sounds absurd.

Whatever you are trying to say, this doesn’t seem the best way to say it.

My point was that there has been a campaign on here (mostly just two posters tbf) for Wesley to be dropped for Keinan, and it's been **** ludicrous.

4 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

My point was that there has been a campaign on here (mostly just two posters tbf) for Wesley to be dropped for Keinan, and it's been **** ludicrous.

Kent.....forgive me.

but surely a campaign is more than a pair.😋

11 minutes ago, TRO said:

Kent.....forgive me.

but surely a campaign is more than a pair.😋

Wasn't thinking of you actually! That makes three then - and as they say, two's a party, three's a campaign.

(I may of course be exaggerating my point for effect here. I know that nobody thought Keinan Davis was the next messiah, although some of the comments weren't far off.)

Â