Keinan Davis

a-k

8 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

So pleased for him. It's come out of nowhere though. He hasn't pulled up any trees in pre season then this. Fair play to him

Agree with this - he looked great today, but in previous performances I had been concerned that he looked a bit too weak in most aspects of his game. 

I guess two lessons...(i) let's not now presume he's the solution, or even ready to perform consistently at this level and (ii) let's not judge early poor performances too quickly.  

Basically - very well done, and let's hope he builds on it from here 

• Like 1

Only going on the highlights, but well played. He deserves to keep his spot in the team after that performance. It would be a travesty if he drops out of Gabby or Hogan return to fitness. Unlucky with a shot against the bar, had a decent header saved and an assist for the first goal. He played his part in a four goal game, we can't say that about many of the current forwards.

Also, Hogan for me has been very unfortunate. He makes a lot of intelligent runs but has only had hoof balls to work with. He's not that tall a player to start with, let alone the fact that he's just not that type of striker. Play some decent through balls and he'll score plenty. Davis really was excellent today though, and I'd like to see the pair of them together at some point so long as the attacking football persists.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Hate to put a downer on this but is that not a bit premature. Hogan is proven at this level yet Davis, as impressive as He was today, has for me only shown this in one game

I'm not putting Hogan down but you can't leave Davis below Hogan on the pecking order after a performance like that. Also, Davis fits out style of play better.

2 hours ago, Rob182 said:

I love him. Just imagine him up front with O'Hare behind :wub:

(Hourihane can be shoehorned in there somewhere too)

O'hare can be a great sub for Hourihane. I don't want to throw O'hare into the fire just yet. Cup matches and sub appearances should see him getting plenty of chances. I just wonder what happens with Grealish come back.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Czechlad said:

O'hare can be a great sub for Hourihane. I don't want to throw O'hare into the fire just yet. Cup matches and sub appearances should see him getting plenty of chances. I just wonder what happens with Grealish come back.

Maybe a nice choice to have?

3 hours ago, PaulC said:

Bruce deserves some credit for picking him but if Gabby had bene fit he wouldn't have played but hopefully he starts the next league game even if Gabby and Hogan are fit to play

Where might we be if he'd been elevated last season instead of this pointless Gabby millionth rehabilitation chance. This is on Bruce. Today changes nothing

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Hate to put a downer on this but is that not a bit premature. Hogan is proven at this level yet Davis, as impressive as He was today, has for me only shown this in one game

Whilst I kind of agree with what you are saying regarding hogan, McCormack is the most proven goal scorer at this level so would you put him ahead of the rest? For me it is not about being proven with different clubs but what the performance is like on match day in a villa shirt, so for now I would say Davis should be starting the next match up front until there is a reason to drop him whether that be a bad game or him being subbed off and someone coming on and offering more than he did. He suits us at the minute he is good in the air, strong and direct which is what we need plus he holds the ball up well and can bring others into play. Keep up the hard work Davis and long may this form continue. UTV

7 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I'd say its curtains now for gabby.  Davis for me is no 3 behind hogan and kodjia

I agree it should be..

It was anyway until Bruce brought him back from the wilderness.

Sadly I have this horrible feeling he will be back in contention in place of Davis when he returns.

Â