RBS Six Nations 2016

theboyangel

He might not make the match day squad and he is just there to help him back into the swing of things as its even over a year since his last cap. Doubtful but a possibility.

Hopefully Daly doesn't get dropped to make way for him.

• Like 1

It's not often I get tickets, despite living a quarter of a mile from Twickenham stadium but I'm really rather underwhelmed at the prospect of going to the game tomorrow. Hope it surprises me. 

Holy shit! That's insane. I always wonder who has enough spare money lying around that they can spend that sort of cash on an 80-minute sports game... 

Out of interest, as a local, do you know if they're doing that stupid thing where they close all the local pubs at about 8 on a match day? Thing we may have talked about this before...

9 minutes ago, JB said:

Holy shit! That's insane. I always wonder who has enough spare money lying around that they can spend that sort of cash on an 80-minute sports game...

I can just about see someone doing it for a really meaningful game like a WC final or something of that nature.  But the 4th Six Nations game of 5 which comes around every other year?  I agree.  It's insane that the price gets anywhere near that level.  And that has nothing to do with my almost complete indifference towards the sport of 'jogging diagonally towards your opponent'. :Ppokey.gif

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, JB said:

Out of interest, as a local, do you know if they're doing that stupid thing where they close all the local pubs at about 8 on a match day? Thing we may have talked about this before...

That's the online asking price. I can't imagine anyone would pay that much for the seats. I'd imagine they remain unsold or are hawked on the day outside the ground for a fraction of that price.

As for the pub curfew, it was lifted about a week into the World Cup, huge climb-down by the police and lots of apologies. I'd be amazed if they reintroduced it again now and can't find any reference to it online.

Edited by choffer

Looking forward to todays round of matches.

have mates down from Birmingham and meeting them in Exeter to watch the chiefs take on Newcastle prior to the England wales game!

should make for a very good, if a little drunken Saturday!!!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, snowychap said:

I see that Slade's starting. That's some recovery.

Stunning really.

Was at the Ricoh for Wasps-Tigers today, another batch of decent tries for the collection from the home side.

In the fan village afterwards for the England game. Great atmosphere and a fantastic performance for 70 mins. The less said about the final 10, the better. Fair play to the Welsh for coming so close though.

• Like 3

Very pleased with the Grand Slam.

I thought England's locks were immense (though maybe not at the scrum). The lineout steals were often crucial and Itoje was really good at the breakdown again. Also , Robshaw and Haskell did really well.

Having doubts about Mike Brown. I wouldn't be surprised if Watson gets moved to 15 at some point and someone else gets brought in on the wing.

Very good start for Mr Jones.

24 minutes ago, JB said:

Get in!!! Off to laugh in the face of Valleys-dwelling tricolor-sporting words removed! 

Ha ha, quite.

Well that's NH bragging rights won for a year anyway, for me the hard work and big decisions start now for EJ. He's done it with what was basically Lancaster's team, so he'll be having to make changes to stamp his mark on the job. The Ford/Farrell issue for one, I'd have Faz back at 10 and play a proper 12/13 there. I'd have Daly, but then I'm biased. With players like Josh Beaumont et al coming through, the future looks pretty good for England rugger.

Â