Ticket Prices

villa4europe

8 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

What annoys me is FSG seem to be getting a load of praise now for saying sorry and dropping the prices again.

**** that. They're only sorry because they got called out. They got caught with their hand in the cookie jar. Just because they put the cookie back doesn't make them the good guys.

Isn't it amazing how all of a sudden they drop the £77 tickets - it's almost like it was a choice to make them that much money.

It's absolutely disgusting and the club/s should be absolutely ashamed of themselves.

Recreational activities in this country are continuing to push the financial boundaries of the people they are aimed at.

A bloke with two kids under 18, but over 8 would cost a minimum of £67 - a maximum of £135, it's an awful lot of money to cough up 2-5 times a month. (this is to the Liverpool game).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It has been announced that Premier league will cap away prices at 30 quid from next season for next three years.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35764007

The cost of watching football has been a hot topic of debate, with supporters at Liverpool organising a high-profile protest over proposed increases in season ticket prices.

Now the top flight's 20 clubs have "unanimously agreed" that more should be done to help away fans.

The £30 away ticket cap will be introduced from next season.

In a statement, the Premier League said away fans were "essential for match atmosphere" and helped make the league unique.

Liverpool fans staged a walkout over ticket prices and won their battle with the club's owners

It also recognised that away fans often had travel costs to pay on top of the price of a match-day ticket.

The Football Supporters' Federation (FSF) has long campaigned for cheaper tickets and wanted prices for away fans capped at £20.

FSF director of communications Michael Brunskill welcomed Wednesday's announcement, calling it "good news for fan groups around the country".

He added: "This shows that clubs will listen to reasonable, well articulated mass movements."

Eight of 18 Premier League clubs who took part in the BBC's latest Price of Football study already offer away tickets for less than £30 for some matches.

But the study, published in October, also found that nine clubs charge more than £30 for their cheapest away ticket.

The change is likely to see travelling supporters paying more to watch second-tier football than top-flight games next season. The Price of Football study found 13 clubs in the Championship charge £30 or more for their most expensive away tickets.

The new measures will replace the Away Supporters' Initiative.

This was introduced in 2013 and saw clubs individually implement a range of measures, including travel subsidies, reciprocal pricing and reduced admissions as well as improved facilities.

The away ticket price cap was announced on the same day Arsenal and Tottenham announced ticket price freezes for home fans.

Arsenal also said they would provide a further £4 discount for away supporters, meaning Gunners fans will only pay £26 to go to away games.

Liverpool fans group Spirit of Shankly, who helped to successfully lead protests against a proposed price increase at Anfield earlier this season, said the away ticket cap was "a very good step in the right direction".

Spokesperson James McKenna credited the Premier League's new £5bn television deal, which starts next season, as the driver for the cap: "We have been saying the price of away tickets was too much and this new TV deal presented them with an opportunity to lower them."

Paying 40-60 quid for away tickets is obscene so good news and a decent compromise as it was never going to be as low as 20 quid as well intentioned as that campaign was. The knock on aswell is that home areas will also get reduced as for example at the moment people in the Upper and Lower Witton pay what away fans pay so if we did a miracle and stayed up the price would signficantly reduce in those areas as it's about 42 quid atm I think for most games.

The problem....we're about to be relegated so will miss out on all this and will be getting fleeced at championship level as we'll take good numbers to most grounds. I'm sure I read Bolton fans paid 41 quid for Leeds game last week.

Not sure about this ... when I watch a Premier League match the loudest fans are always in the away section and will be the case more so now with more fans travelling and less prawn sandwich brigade.  

It's the home tickets that require decreasing if anything. Disappointing they haven't got the balls to do that.

Edited by supernova26

Arsenal are knocking off another £4 for away games next season so be only £26 for them

Bout time this happened and does so when we get relegated. We be paying more to go to likes of QPR next season then going Arsenal

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

That's the main thing for me, so often you just get treated like they don't want you there, you're a burden

tbf, isn't Ruge banned from football grounds at the moment? So he might be a burden ;)

• Like 2

i am :) 3 year ban for naff all really, but thats football police for you, clearings in the woods. they are the biggest hooligans at football.

we will be paying nearly £40 at leeds,ipswich,sheff weds. a lot of clubs hike the prices up for teams with big followings so next season away games will be more expensive. 

Wait until you see what arsenal are going to charge us for being a category a game at the end of the season...

Tbf I always thought arsenal were decent to us for ticket pricing

Cat B would think most likely £35

On 09/03/2016 at 20:55, Rugeley Villa said:

drop prices, bring back terraces,stop treating football fans like terrorists, end of chat. ive recently noticed in league 2 they are paying over £20 for away tickets.

Non league mate. Had much more fun at Northern Premier games in recent months than I would at the Villa

bloke who works down our place follows stockport everywhere and hes said the same. he was a big wolves fan but got fed up of the prices to follow your team and the players being on too much money. hes said if stockport get back into league football he will start following another non league club.

Â