Can anyone help on Feb 28th? BHX>Kidderminster

NurembergVillan

Just testing the water on this one.  I'm moving back to the UK from Vancouver and provisionally due to arrive back on February 28th.  We're likely to have a fair bit of luggage with us and my Dad only has an Astra.  As he's 81 he's not allowed to hire a van either so we're a bit stuck.

I was wondering if anyone would be able to help out with transport from Birmingham airport to Kidderminster.  It'd likely be around 11.30am and we'd just need you to take a couple of suitcases. Everything in them will be legal ;) I can cover petrol and throw you some beers too. Or bring you some maple syrup or tribal art or something else Canadian.  Don't think I'm allowed to import their crap bacon though, so that's off the list.

Right now we might end up being ok but I just wanted to see if anyone here is willing and able.  Cheers lads.

I'm from Sutton originally but my parents moved to Kiddy.  My sister runs a pub in Cleobury and they wanted to be near her.

Life over here is good, but since we had a baby we really miss the family and the job really didn't work out the way I hoped.  Will be living with the folks while our stuff ships and then move back up to Cheshire in mid April.

• Like 1

Thanks @rjw63 and @Stevo985.  I'll be in touch in the next week or so once I know where we're at with it.  I'll give you plenty of notice, and it's no obligation obviously!

@snowychap - you're not kidding!  Sadly the job here didn't really go to plan, and the cost of living in this city is nuts.  Unless you're earning a fortune it's really difficult.  A loaf of bread will set you back about £2.50, same for 2 litres of milk.  Car insurance is done through the BC government so there's no alternative which means you pay up or you don't drive.  They wouldn't recognise our no claims from the UK as it wasn't presented in the right format.  We drive a 2013 Ford Escape (basically a Kuga) and our insurance has just gone up 5.5% to £2000 per year.  Absolutely crackers.

Â