Pre-Match Thread

John

Wouldn't it be nice if one day Villa just steamrolled the opposition at home, a la Sunderland 6-1 about 3 years ago? 

I have almost forgotten how that feels. All the (very rare) home wins in recent years have been behind the sofa bite your nails type.

I have given up predicting now. I just want a committed performance and a united home support. When that happens, Villa Park is a special place.

Sod Lerner. Sod Hollis. Sod Fox. Support the team. At least for 90 minutes.

On ‎04‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 15:48, KHV said:

How do you work that out? Have Liverpool, Stoke, Man City, Spurs, Chelsea, Man Utd, Southampton and Arsenal all cancelled their fixtures against us???

If they have then that's great news, if they haven't were ****

\well \ithink we are gone, but haven't they got to play all our rivals too ?

15 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

No we haven't.

Listen, I've not given up hope even though I acknowledge the chances of us turning it around are very very slim. I do recognise that we have A chance.

But in no way, no way whatsoever, regardless of what happens on Saturday, will we have a "great chance" of staying up.

Agree.

But I think it is fair to say LOSE this and we are really really done.

Sort of.........

As per earlier post, think we are capable of winning today and am optimistic. Still not sure about our chances of staying up though even if we win today.  Hope for the same back four as last week but do worry about where the goals are going to come from?  1-0 to the villa though. C'mon the lads - belief!

On 5 February 2016 at 08:52, useless said:

If we manage to close the gap to 7 points then I see it as a great chance and a great opportunity, with 13 games still left to play. But first we've got to beat Norwich.

We won't beat Norwich and won't be able to close a 7 point gap with Gabby up front. Our relegation was confirmed when the January window ended 

48 minutes ago, dounavilla said:

He hasn't scored a goal for us yet this season so would be a great achievement.

I know, unbelievable turd.

Somehow I think we'll win today, even if we have no-one to score the winner.

I know this happens to me every Saturday morning, but I still think so. Really.

• Like 3

I don't care who or how we score, just get a goal and cling on for the clean sheet!!!

I can see Norwich totally parking the bus today and being completely negative. They know by not losing would retain that 10 point gap and effectively end our participation in the relegation battle, leaving only two remaining spots to contend over.

Heart says 1-0 Villa, head says 0-0

• Like 3

1 minute ago, theboyangel said:

I don't care who or how we score, just get a goal and cling on for the clean sheet!!!

I can see Norwich totally parking the bus today and being completely negative. They know by not losing would retain that 10 point gap and effectively end our participation in the relegation battle, leaving only two remaining spots to contend over.

Heart says 1-0 Villa, head says 0-0

Agree with you here but wouldn't it be nice to be at least two up against someone? Those were the days! Even though it's been awful this season, you still can't beat the buzz of a match day. Walking up to villa park is still a great feeling.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dounavilla said:

He hasn't scored a goal for us yet this season so would be a great achievement.

Neither has Gabby...awful partnership!

I doubt we will win another game this season so I really can't see anything other than a Norwich win today.

My only hope is that Hollis has implemented his CI project to sort out the mess.

On 2/4/2016 at 15:14, BOF said:

I admire your optimism useless, I do.  Mine is gone, but keep up the good fight :thumb:  I only wish I could be there with you.  For me we're done.

ditto.....but I will be there today.

• Like 1

This is it

Last chance Texaco

Last straw to hold on to

I can see the 11 being nervous during the first 10mins, hopefully we wont concede, but I think they'll  be it everything they've got.

Bunn

Richards Okore Lescott Aly

Gana

Lyden                          Vertout

Bacuna              Gil

Gaby/Sinclair/Sellars

PS   Gaby/Sinclair/Sellars is pretty depressing

Clean sheet a must

Goal/s coming from 

Set-piece or a screamer from Gil/Bacuna