Pre-Match Thread

John

I remember Bacuna playing well as a nr 10 in one game.

Bunn

Richards Okore Lescott Ally

.                   Gana

Lyden                           Vertout

Gil      Bacuna

Gabby/RHM/Sellars

3-1 to Norwich . Yes we are that bad

We haven't been playing that bad for a while though.

We're basically playing for pride now and what will be will be. If we go at Norwich like we did West Ham I think we'll win it, they look absolutely shattered. I think they are doomed.

I think the reaction from the players at the end of last night's game was important. They can feel us behind them no matter what now. We won't stay up, purely on the basis we don't have anyone to put the ball in the net, but we won't lose every week. Saturday is as good a time as any to put 3 points on the board.

I don't expect us to lose this.  We've been playing well enough, other than the West Ham game.  Norwich are no great shakes.  Whether we win or not is another matter.  Ayew out is a huge blow.  I'm thinking 1-1 or we sneak a 2-1.  Not that it matters a damn to our season at all.  But it'll be nice to drag someone else further into the mire.  Especially a small-minded bunch of inbreds like Norwich who still bafflingly resent us for the Lambert debacle.  I suspect it's because they have literally no other rivalry in the Premier League so they've chosen this and us.  Psst, you've no rivalry because no-one gives a single solitary shit about Norwich :lol:

• Like 2

I admire your optimism useless, I do.  Mine is gone, but keep up the good fight :thumb:  I only wish I could be there with you.  For me we're done.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, useless said:

If we win this we have a great chance of survival

How do you work that out? Have Liverpool, Stoke, Man City, Spurs, Chelsea, Man Utd, Southampton and Arsenal all cancelled their fixtures against us???

If they have then that's great news, if they haven't were ****

--------------------------Bunn----------------------------

--Richards------Okore-------Lescott------Cissokho--

-------------------------Gana ----------------------------

-------------Bacuna--------------Veretout---------------

--------------------------Gil------------------------------

---------------Sinclair----------Agbonlahor-------------

Not sure why but feel quite positive about this game for once.  Presume Gestede and Kozak are out? It would seem harsh to drop anyone after they worked their socks off in the last game. 1-0 to us.

7 hours ago, useless said:

If we win this we have a great chance of survival. A must win game and the biggest for the club since the Cup Final. Total recovery is possible.

Correct. Bring it back to 7 points with 12 games to go that's doable. I don't know why people are just saying we are playing for pride etc. Not proper fans imo why would you bother to watch or post about what you affectively see as a friendly match.

After months of pain and anguish, I'd like to say how great it feels going into a weekend optimistic.

We know we have to win this for both points and pride. I think there's enough talent in the squad to get the win. Defensively we look stronger than previous and I think we have a decent ability in attack. We simply can't let Scotland win on Saturday!

Edit: Wrong thread.

• Like 1