Pre-Match Thread

John

The 14th of our remaining Cup Finals this season is at Villa Park on Saturday at 15.00.

Ayew will be stating his winter break as we face a game that is both a 110%  "must win" and a true "6-pointer". Anything less than a win will I consider see us doomed to relegation beyond reasonable doubt if that is not already the case because where other than from this game are we going to get the first of the minimum of 7 wins that we need to achieve before the end of this dismal season to maintain our very slender hopes of survival?

Norwich are a team we must end the season in front of and a win would see us just 7 points behind them. They have not won at Villa Park since 1992. Surely we can win this one?   

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Croydon_Villain said:

Can we stop calling the Cup Finals please? Cos we know full well how we play in cup finals.

We were once very good at them although not for 20 years now. :o Would semi-finals sound better as we have a better recent record in these? But if we don't win this game I promise not to refer to them in this way this season unless we are within a couple of games of pulling off the great escape near the end of it (guilty as charged above I am ever the optimist). ;) 

They aren't good away from home at all, they've had two bad home games as well.

This is a winnable game even for us

Garde is going to be forced to play a Tim Sherwood team for this though....Gill will need to work some magic on his own I feel for us to score.

Edited by supernova26