White Flag/Hankey Protest

supernova26

As a display of contempt for the board giving up so easily, a white flag protest has been organised for the match against Norwich.

Fans are encouraged to brings all things white, flags, hankeys, white sheets with anti-learner writing etc. Even if it's just a white t-shirt, bring it , wave it , show your contempt. 

The plan is too turn the Holte into a sea of white to peacefully put and put pressure on the regime and show our disdain for them waving the white flag/giving up.

See you there.

Edited by supernova26
  • Like 3

Are they "giving up so easily" or are they being realistic and prioritising our return to the Premiership at the end of next season ?

Yes, if we found the right players, paid the right money and those players wanted to join a team about to be relegated then there was a slightly greater chance that we might stay up this season ...... maybe 15% chance as opposed to a 10% chance. However, if we signed those players and still got relegated, would it leave us in a worse position for next season or better ? In my opinion, it would have left us in a worse position and maybe even a dangerously worse position.

I want to see Remi establishing a style of play and building a "team" from what we have - which he is undoubtedly doing well despite adversity - and maybe blooding one or two more youngsters before season's end. That will secure some wins this season but, more importantly, gives us some momentum and a strong foundation for next season.

Don't get me wrong, I deplore those who have contributed to the mess over the last few seasons but what they are doing now to put it right seems both sensible and positive to my eyes. We have to look forward now and prepare for the challenges ahead rather than make pointless - and they are totally pointless - protests over what has happened in the past.

• Like 1

If I get asked as "editor" of a prominent fans forum what the protest is about, I'd like to have an answer. I mean, I won't get asked and I don't want to be seen to speak for others, but I have no idea how I'd answer.

Is this just to reinforce that fans aren't happy?

• Like 1

"It's an ironic white flag waving protest to show our disdain at recent actions by the board. The board have stated they do not fear The Championship financially, and did not sign any players.

Giving up doesn't fit the mantra of any sport, including football of course and specifically this football club. In fact, it's the exact opposite of what sport is about. The actions of the board have been that of 'throwing the towel' in or 'waving the white flag' on the basis that we'll be financially sound in The Championship, even to the extent where the manager is set to leave due to their inaction.

We feel the lines between being a business and being a football team have been blurred and we are sending a message via this protest that giving up isn't acceptable at this football club."

Edited by supernova26
  • Like 1

But by waving the white flag are we not waving the white flag? 

Why are we doing the thing we're protesting against? Shouldn't we bring a different colour flag. To show that we're not waving the white flag even though the board is. That's would be a better message, no?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, YLN said:

But by waving the white flag are we not waving the white flag? 

Why are we doing the thing we're protesting against? Shouldn't we bring a different colour flag. To show that we're not waving the white flag even though the board is. That's would be a better message, no?

Not American are you? 

Just now, supernova26 said:

They are my words for you to use should The Sundays's come a knocking for a front page exclusive. 

They won't need to ask me now, they're right there on the page :)

9 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Any chance of Villa Talk getting behind this Limpid?

In case you hadn't noticed, VillaTalk doesn't have an opinion. Most of the time you can find three points of view from any two posters.

Protests need people to step up and provide the media with a contact point. That's how you get publicity.

• Like 1

Â