What do we do about it?

Richard

2 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I wouldn't call it tolerating. As has already been said, there's no guarantee that boycotting would even help. If Lerner's determined to cut costs then he'll do that regardless.

This just comes across as condescending better fan nonsense.

Only to someone that wants to believe that it is 'condescending better fan nonsense'. Anyone reading it without prejudice will just see it as exactly what happens. I am not trying to insult or belittle anyone with my comments but if people prefer it to read that way so that they can personally attack the poster then that's up to them. I really don't give a toss.

15 minutes ago, Supervillan78 said:

I actually think we stand a better chance of finding a buyer in the Championship. Lerner would have to lower his price for a start and any potential buyer would have the added incentive of being able to take a huge club back to the PL  with the prospect of a massive increase in revenue.

I agree we have a better chance of a change of ownership in the Championship. However I don't want an owner who has no previous love for this club. These characters buy clubs and end up in a position of power with personal priorities over the clubs success. We need inspiring leaders who we can all believe in - a rich fan/a group of supporters buying the club for the right reasons! If we had someone to lead us that we all believed I think it would be hard to get tickets at Villa Park again. Remember when Lerner took over and at the time we all believed in him and his visions - the proud history bright future DVD really got me excited. We had a pretty average first season but I was excited about the journey we were going on and attended loads more games than the seasons before that. Imagine someone coming in but with a genuine long term aim for the club and 100% loyalty. Howard Hodgson we are counting on you if you're reading this!!

I'd like Fox and Hollis to feel as uncomfortable as possible for the remaining 8 homes games...without it turning to violence of course,

I think they'll be a mutinous atmosphere on Saturday, how can there not be after this weeks events. Won't change too much as the main target won't be there other than if Fox and Hollis have to sit through the abuse, maybe just maybe that might force them to get on the phone to Cleveland and politely encourage Lerner to drop his asking price just a little bit.

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

There is no perfect action, but lack of attendance is the the one thing that hits all elements of the club.

no pain...no gain.

Had that v Man. City and will have plenty of those games next season.

It will actually make an impact next year as it's chalk and cheese the differing tv revenues for the two divisons so people through the turnstiles suddenly become that little bit more important again.

16 minutes ago, TRO said:

There is no perfect action, but lack of attendance is the the one thing that hits all elements of the club.

no pain...no gain.

But what about those of us with season tickets... We have already paid... Lerner already has our money. How is boycotting by us hitting him? 

Lerner can do want he wants as we sold the entire club to him in 2006. At least Doug had to sit through the AGM's.

As soon as a rich businessman showed interest in the Villa we opened our legs to him. Other than some protests/bad publicity, we have no control as fans to the club.

Even most of the supporters clubs are now independent since last season.

Edited by The Fun Factory

1. As sum else suggested. Go to u21 games instead and let them play infront of 30k fans who love the club.2. Go to game support team but don't spend a penny on merchandise. Pies. Pints etc hit them in the only place they care about

Boycotts never work in football, because it's out of sight out of mind. Plus the gate revenues matter not at the moment.

The best thing possible would be for the ground to be packed to the rafters cheering the manager and the players whilst giving the owner and board both barrels. With white flags, lerner out flags,just about anything negative against those in charge. Make them all feel uncomfortable, especially Hollis who is Lerner's new eyes and ears in the club. See how they like it when not supported..just like Remi.

The media will jump further on the bandwagon and more press equals more pressure imo.

I'll be honest, if we don't have a pitch invasion protest after the match when we either mathmatically down or last home game and I will be bitterly disappointed. As bad as that may seem to some people a club of our stature and size should not be in this position in the modern age of football. The biggest club in the midlands(by far) being treated like shit and run by idiots.

I am so f****** angry atm tbh.

2 hours ago, TRO said:

no pain...no gain.

Whats the point of not going though if you normally do? I thought this a few years ago when Mcleish took over but is not going actually supporting your club or just trying to blank what is really going on by doing nothing at all? Plus you still feel shit on a sat if we lose. I know I did.

Most people want something to happen. Highlighting displeasure on a match day, in front of the cameras is the one true way of getting the message straight to the source of the problem. Staying away is just turning your back on the problem and will not help to resolve anything imo. And the problem isn't Aston Villa, its those in control.

I'm 42 now and have been going the villa since 79, and since I can remember I have only ever loved my club passionately, even still. Walking away and turning my back is not an option, especially in our hour of need.

IMO the fans need to get to games, support the team, the manager and abuse(within reason and with chants, banners etc) those responsible for the mess. Social media needs to be bombarded with as many negative messages to the regime  as possible. Emails to the club, Fox, Hollis, put their addresses on the net and let them know just how important this club is to not just 30-40k on match days but hundreds of thousands of fans around the globe.

Now is the time to stand up as a fan imo, not walk away.

Â