What do we do about it?

Richard

I just don't think they would even notice no matter what we do.  They already know how we feel,  in fact they knew that not buying anyone was essentially game over for many different things.

We can't rewind time and they certainly dont give a ****,  if they did we would not be here.  To make a club of our size disintegrate in such a short time would actually be quite a difficult thing to do in reality.  It's almost as if Lerner has **** em and **** the club and I am happy to write off the money and let it die.  I think this is more likely than a series of comical errors and mi-haps that ended here,  unless they had Willie coyote and Frank Spencer doing every single job down there then I think I am closer to the truth than anything else.

Protesting against this board is a bit like sticking your fingers up at the Luftwaffe as bomber formations bomb the houses around you. Pointless IMO.

If you want to carry on and support till the BITTER end then do it, as I don't see doing anything BUT supporting us is the right way. Lets go down fighting and show people that the club may have lost faith but US as fans are singing our hearts out for Aston Villa. As people always say managers/players come and go but fans don't (True fans that is) UTV 

5 minutes ago, floody555 said:

If you want to carry on and support till the BITTER end then do it, as I don't see doing anything BUT supporting us is the right way. Lets go down fighting and show people that the club may have lost faith but US as fans are singing our hearts out for Aston Villa. As people always say managers/players come and go but fans don't (True fans that is) UTV 

We have been in dark places before, 86/87 was bad but we survived and I'm sure there are people that remember us being in the third tier but we survived. That was before my time but didn't we have something like 40,000 against Bournemouth in the third tier?  Best thing we can do in the championship is follow the club in huge numbers and make some noise and enjoy it. I had some great  days with my dad in 87 in division two following the villa. Oddly enough probably my favorite ever season since supporting the club as I was a bit too young to enjoy the league and European success properly

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Ten minutes of silence with white flags aloft between the sixth and the sixteenth minute?

Symbolising the ten years of Lerner's position at the club between 2006 and 2016?

what happens if we score?

Just realised the folly of my question.......

Edited by bannedfromHandV
  • Like 3

The team don't need a boycott, they're fragile enough.

My suggestion would be a planned 'unlike/unfollow' of Villa's Social Media, such as Twitter and Facebook.

AVFC have over 2.2 million likes on Facebook and over 600k followers on Twitter. A massive cut in those figures would be noticeable.

What harm would it do to 'en masse', say an hour before kick-off against Norwich on Saturday, to make two clicks on a mouse/touch screen?

If fan groups/fans websites got together, maybe a Facebook even with a message etc - it could have a positive impact on the way fans currently perceive the club (and not the team - who we need to get behind)

I'm sure the media would lap it up.

Fans are fans of the team and want to watch matches - and therefore there will never be a 100% fan boycott of a match(es) and I said earlier, this would have more of a detrimiental affect on the team than the board.

(I also like the White Flag approach too!)

Stay away protests achieve very little other than the bit of publicity that they get.  But that publicity can be achieved using other methods if they're implemented properly anyway.  They certainly achieve nothing from a financial aspect because gates are a tiny percentage of revenue in the Premier League thanks to Sky. As has been said in previous posts, stay away protests in reality only harm the team, and the team (one would hope) is the one aspect of the entire club we do not want to negatively impact while protesting.

I think what we do is we turn up in huge numbers and make the protest happen outside the ground and also inside it wherever possible with banners etc.  Make it clear that we support the team and are against those in charge.  Make it about the hierarchy and the ownership of the club.  It shows the team that we're loyal to them.  It shows the meeja and other fans that we're not fickle stay-away fans but that we care for the team in our droves.  The passion that would come from the siege mentality we have against those in power might even translate into louder home support for the players during the match.

'Passion' basically.  Passion FOR the football.  Passion for the club and the passion to oust what has become a virus rotting us from the top down.

• Like 1

There is nothing that we can do other than support the team.

He wants to sell but no-one wants to buy.

Protesting that no-one wants to buy the club? Or are we protesting that he doesn't want to spend money on players when he doesn't want to own the club?

Protesting at his mis-managing of the club? He wants out anyway.

There is no point in cutting our noses off to spite our faces. Its our club at the end of the day.

Edited by Donniewyer

Â