What do we do about it?

Richard

For the majority of games this season I think people should attend and support Remi and the players with the hope that somehow we do stay up. However, we should look to hit the board where possible and I would do this by displaying as many banners as possible with messages supporting the team but laying into the board. Along the lines of:

"Support the team! Not the regime!"

I would also suggest people cut back on buying for hospitality whilst at the game as this will damage the board.

However as a 'media statement'. The game on the 14th againt Liverpool is being shown live on Sky. This is an oppurtunity to make a show that we are unhappy with the board. I would suggest that the players are cheered on as loudly and passionately as possible to show that we support them and then at kick-off a mass walkout is arranged showing empty stands filled to the brim with banners like the ones I mentioned above.

The only thing remotely worthwhile would be for villa park to be completely empty.

That's never going to happen tho. And tbh, I wouldnt want it to happen. There are young kids and families uand probably adults who love going and fair play to them.

I'm jealous because they've got what I haven't. 

Edited by Woodytom

Alotta this 'Boycott the club and it will suffer even more...' is wrong

By not giving an already financially ept business model more money? especially recent developments have shown that financially we're in pretty good form. 

Player Morale? We're done boys, some of the players efforts havent gone unnoticed, perhaps a few new arrivals would have given them a shred of 'oomph' but barely - If anything, a few are playing for the sake of jumping ship at the end of the season at this point, surely?

Garde airing his betrayal in the press will only upset aston villa 'the team' as opposed to aston villa the business. Lerner & Co quite clearly have an agenda that to them, is worth the tyrants of abuse that they now face aswell as media backlash. 

They will never, ever, ever feel the same about our club as we do, which is understandable, but what really hacks me off is the lies, lack of correspondence and disregard of responsibility.

In an ideal world, we would leave VP empty, a few season ticket holders would drape a huge banner across doug ellis' empty seats, that summarizes that while we support our team/manager we will no longer be bent over and shafted by the long arm of Randy & his merchants.

Im **** gutted at all this, I really am...

Edited by Callum
read wrong
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, PussEKatt said:

Totally different situation.

Lerner and this board were not there then.

I see many similarities FWIW. I sometimes wonder what a VT forum in 86/87 would have looked like

1) at the games, show white flags, hankies, sing Lerner out, Hollis out, Fox out. let everybody know that we want them gone.

2) as soon as the players come out, Show RG the players and anyone who cares to listen what singing/chanting "come on Villa" "Villa" and our songs/chants means to us and that we are 100% behind the manager & 11shirts (even if Gabby, Richardson & N'Zog are wearing them)

3) regardless of the performance/result Sing and chant the whole match cheering the team on.

4) Standing ovations at HT & FT for the players & manager whatever the score

5) once the players are off the pitch, out come the flags & jeers for RL SH & TF

6) We can buy all the things we normally do on matchdays, to keep people in their jobs and to enjoy the "day out" ourselves.

My next VP cant be untill Toon home (due to work commitments). I swore to myself I wouldnt go, but my Girlfriend has now promised she will go too (not a fan but sees how much our current state hurts me)

her first live game ever and she's not even a Brummie. She's not even English and doesnt really get whats going on at AVFC.

we are Aston Villa.

Lerner and co do not deserve the honour of being involved with our great club.

Time to stand up, take whatever on the chin, Be Aston Villa proud. Not a bunch of corporate incapables commiting treason.

Up the Villa

Villa till I die

Lerner Out

Hollis Out

Fox Out

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KSV said:

Stay away. Boycott. Paying your ticket to protest doesn't mean shit. We're down now regardless. Won't hurt the team.  They hurt themselves. Most will look for an exit when we go down. Boycott.  And don't go back till the **** has sold the club.  Don't buy any merchandise.  Don't give him a cent. 

Do you not think this will hurt the club?

Randy isn't taking money out of Villa, all the money Villa generates gets spent on Villa. By boycotting the club you're giving the club less money, which means we have less to spend on players/wages.

A boycott ain't gonna work if they are willing to give up on the 100s of millions being in the premier league gets you.

i am in the support the team and get behind Remi camp he is in agreement with the fan base that what is going on is not good enough and we should support him so his press conferences continue to undermine those above him.  If they sack him they alienate the fans further.

You don't need a great team to be promoted and we need him here next season.

Realistically there isn't a lot any fan or group of fans can do. We have to wait until the ownership changes hands, until then the board will just cut thier cloth to suit the revenue the clubs makes. The less revenue the less money will be spent on the team and we'll continue our downward spiral. It's a vicious circle.  

• Like 1

How about, and this is really easy for me to say as I'm not a ST holder and in truth can count the matches I've attended in the past two seasons on one hand:

We buy tickets as we normally would for a game along the lines of Southampton at home (i.e. where there won't be thousands of plastic away fans in the home end), so say in the current climate that would be between 27-31,000 (home fans).

Instead of attending the game however everyone congregates on the banks of Aston Park facing the Trinity for the full 90 minutes. It won't achieve anything tangible but it will bring a lot of attention on to the matter and at least it shows we still care.

I know the problem with this is getting everyone to do it, if even 50% or less of the people conform then it loses its effect. I also know it's just another form of protest but the imagery of 30,000 or so Villa fans in unison on the Aston Park bank whilst a game is ongoing seems to have massive potential for attention.

Edit - the reason I suggested still buying the tickets is so we can't be accused nor feel guilty about adding to the problems in a financial sense, not that the future of Aston Villa Football Club rests on the revenues of a single league match, i hope.

Edited by bannedfromHandV

Â